• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Buy local. Buy often.

Lots of overhead in the gun business man. Dropping $100 is a part-time employees paycheck, a week worth of lights and air conditioning in the store, part of renewing a license, etc. You can buy where you want, but this is a state where our right is constantly under attack. Local dealers are on the front line.

Alright... I'm off of my soapbox.

HaHa, I if didn't know you didn't work there any more I'd think that was a sales pitch ;)

Good point though, they have been good guys in there. I just got back from there actually, another fun day on the range.

Filling out my membership form now :thumbsup:

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Hey, could someone confirm what ID I need to complete a handgun purchase in Maryland.

I just read on "Yahoo Answers" (dated 1 year ago), that I need a "Purchasers card" issued by police after watching a 30 minute safety video.....??

Sorry for the dumb question, this is my first civilian purchase LOL.

My girlfriend and I did the "First steps pistol course" with a NRA Instructor, he just said take a copy of the course completion certificate and a driving license.

Do I need any other ID or utility bill, and what is a "Purchasers card"?

Cheers

Anubis

Dec 26, 2010
    Hey, could someone confirm what ID I need to complete a handgun purchase in Maryland.

I just read on "Yahoo Answers" (dated 1 year ago), that I need a "Purchasers card" issued by police after watching a 30 minute safety video.....??

Sorry for the dumb question, this is my first civilian purchase LOL.

My girlfriend and I did the "First steps pistol course" with a NRA Instructor, he just said take a copy of the course completion certificate and a driving license.

Do I need any other ID or utility bill, and what is a "Purchasers card"?

Cheers

Go to the MSP website and take their online safety video (about 30 minutes) when done print it out and sign the cards. That and a drivers license should be everything. The store you purchase at should help you go through all the rest of the paperwork there.

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    Your NRA course that you took with Joe will do. Just bring the certificate with you when purchasing so that you can put the certificate number on the 77R part 2.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Your NRA course that you took with Joe will do. Just bring the certificate with you when purchasing so that you can put the certificate number on the 77R part 2.

Thanks Andy :thumbsup:

I did the online video thing anything for sh*ts and giggles.

Got a couple of quotes as we're ready to buy now, still deciding if they're a good deal LOL.

Hard to compare a store price to an online price, except the whole online thing there's transfer costs and shell casing and other fees, but no tax.

Where the store prices are much higher plus tax....

Got a "local ;)" quote (I know you support that) which was a little higher than others to be honest, but then I'm not making 2 long gas trips there and back to go pay, and go back again to collect when they come in.

Uugghh so tough LOL

Chet002

Jun 10, 2011
    Towson
    I think I've seen that car at Continental Arms...
    2nd generation Brit here....
    Father-Scottish
    mother-English
    new to the gun scene
    lots to learn....

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I think I've seen that car at Continental Arms...
    2nd generation Brit here....
    Father-Scottish
    mother-English
    new to the gun scene
    lots to learn....

You mean you've seen my 370Z Nismo..??

Well say "HI" next time you see it, I'll be the guy with the shaved head, oh and the accent, if that doesn't give me away LOL

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    MOLON LABE.. Bitches :party29:

Attachments

• DSCN1381.JPG
      DSCN1381.JPG
      51.2 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads