• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoofer

Sep 25, 2013
    I searched but couldn't find a *recent* answer... Are jacketed hollow points legal in Maryland?

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I searched but couldn't find a *recent* answer... Are jacketed hollow points legal in Maryland?

We call them “defensive ammo” here.

I know what Jersey is thinking, but it’s stupid. I live in the city where JHP are way safer than FMJ as far as potential collateral injuries go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    See post #8. The facts and the law, long with an actual valid carry permit, wont stop you from getting arrested in the rabid anti-gun state of NJ.

So me carrying under LEOSA in jersey with either of those rounds, would still get arrested? I know the story. It was never clear other than transporting illegally and then brought the HP ammo.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So me carrying under LEOSA in jersey with either of those rounds, would still get arrested? I know the story. It was never clear other than transporting illegally and then brought the HP ammo.

Hard to say - A lot of locals in NJ don't know the law and have a policy of arrest first and let the system sort it out. NJ basically exists to make MD look friendly by comparison.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And yet they still arrested a guy with a valid carry permit for having them.

New Jersey is criminal.

Is there an update? Initially it was for illegally transporting. They brought the ammo later.

Was it the state police or some local borough department?

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    And also: the accused did not actually break the law. Not even in NJ. That is always a good reason to drop charges too.

You'd think that, but it is New Jersey.

They knew he broke no laws from the very beginning. But they were holding strong to their desire to prosecute, probably hoping for a plea bargain so they could show it as a conviction.

They didn't back down until the guy made it clear he wasn't swing and was ready to make a lot of noise.

Jersey didn't care that he didn't a really do anything illegal. They let him go because he was going to embarrass them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Great thread on why you dont take advice from the internet regardless of how many post someone has.

Regardless of what anyone says, Critical duty and Critical defense are not considered hollow points under the law.

Not every cop is an ignorant one in regard to their laws. Even in Jersey.

Fortunately for you, you'll never have that possibility looming over your shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom