• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Thanks Allen65 and Kicken Wing; I thought that was the case.

I mention it here because so much useful information is available on FB so I wanted to verify here that one doesn’t need a FB account to read the posts, look at the pics and watch the videos there.

The Maryland 2A Sanctuary County movement has literally exploded on FB: new 2A Sanctuary County FB pages have been joined by thousands of our fellow Patriots in Maryland in just the last few weeks.

Check out all the Maryland-specific 2A Sanctuary County FB pages on the new thread about it:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5813357&postcount=3

:thumbsup: :mdpatriot

I am headed to our County Commissioners Meeting on Tuesday morning regarding the 2A sancutuary status of my Washington County. all 5 are republicans and 4 have already spoken in favor of voting in favor of this. One of our local gun shop owners is presenting the resolution. I am going to be a backup singer.:party29:

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I am headed to our County Commissioners Meeting on Tuesday morning regarding the 2A sancutuary status of my Washington County. all 5 are republicans and 4 have already spoken in favor of voting in favor of this. One of our local gun shop owners is presenting the resolution. I am going to be a backup singer.:party29:

:fingerscrossed: for you. Ours was postponed due to Corona. Sounds as if we are a go otherwise St Marys County. Sorry the devil made me do it (high jack)

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Looking at their agendas and proceedings from this weekend, they are really cranking through a ton of stuff. The general public normally has no idea what the MGA does anyway, but there is so much going through right now.

The Governor's Office will need to start prepping, starting with a case of pens, a ton of paper, a couple cases of Visine, and a bionic arm for Gov. Larry. Or could just go with an autopen this session.

I know most of the folks there think they are doing the right thing, but this is insanity.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I hate to be a naysayer, but I bet the Chairs of the important committees try to get together during the gap and hammer out differences between important bills. When the resumption week arrives, they could be prepped and ready to go on a conga line of bills to rapidly stuff down the throats of MD citizens, or subjects as they see us. Yeah I know there's a process to go though but if the Chairs can hold their members in line they could do an amazing amount in one week.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Get in touch with your legislators and voice your displeasure of passing laws without full public hearings.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I thought they could only consider budget matters in a special session?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The MD constitution does not provide guidance or limitation on a special session other than for its duration (no more than 30 days) and under which conditions it is called (either by Governor or through petition of majority of both chambers).

Typically, and historically, they've been called to address a specific topic. That topic is provided in the order from the Governor. There is a reason for this.

Since a Special Session is a NEW session, everything that was underway during the regular session became dead paper on Sine Die. They start from scratch. Since they only get up to 30 days in a special session, the normal legislative process takes much longer to involve the public than that would offer. It's self-limiting. (if they follow the rules)

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    I hate to be a naysayer, but I bet the Chairs of the important committees try to get together during the gap and hammer out differences between important bills. When the resumption week arrives, they could be prepped and ready to go on a conga line of bills to rapidly stuff down the throats of MD citizens, or subjects as they see us. Yeah I know there's a process to go though but if the Chairs can hold their members in line they could do an amazing amount in one week.

Bingo. May or may not be guns, but they will have their top 10 bills ready to go that week.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I thought they could only consider budget matters in a special session?

Negative.

Remember the special session right after the G&S law was tossed in Federal court. Probably around 2012 or so. There were two bills filed. One was something the governor needed to get done and the other was a posturing bill changing the carry laws to add a list of prohibited places to carry. The bill sponsor basically said he knew it wasn't moving in the special session but introduced it anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom