• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Sounds like they are downplaying the POI shift. After thinking about the recall, the wheels started turning and I realized that when I took my AR (with XPS2) to the range it was frequently off enough to require quite a few clicks to get back to POA POI.

Same here. I got frustrated thinking it was me. Dialed it in on several ocassions and every next shoot it was out again. I have the QD mount but never took it off. Not 100% sure it's the same problem, but shouldn't have any such problems after paying between 5 and 6 bills. Going to try to shoot it again this weekend and if I have the same problem it's going back.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Sounds like they are downplaying the POI shift. After thinking about the recall, the wheels started turning and I realized that when I took my AR (with XPS2) to the range it was frequently off enough to require quite a few clicks to get back to POA POI.

Same here. I got frustrated thinking it was me. Dialed it in on several ocassions and every next shoot it was out again. I have the QD mount but never took it off. Not 100% sure it's the same problem, but shouldn't have any such problems after paying between 5 and 6 bills. Going to try to shoot it again this weekend and if I have the same problem it's going back.

Similar experiences by our military are what led to the government investigation and subsequent lawsuit. Random units are subject to non-trivial POI shift and the QC paperwork for them was falsified. It's not a minor POI issue that only shows up at the extreme ends of the temperature and/or humidity ranges.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Hi Dave,

Like anything like this it up to the owner and if your bothered by the fact this issue exist. If it does not bother you and your happy with the sight yon may not want to bother. But here is the thing. Maybe, your a better shot then you know? When you miss the target, how much is it your inabilities that you have to work on and how much is the fault of the HWS that you most likely put $400 - $500+ out for?

Check out the following links:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/11/30/eotech-to-pay-out-25-6-million/

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/2...unications-for-fraud-involving-eotech-sights/

Thanks. Mine seems OK and like I stated earlier I sent mine in for an"upgrade" when I had a battery issue a couple of years back. Battery issue was fixed. Not sure if the drift issue was included in the fix.

Dave

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Just submitted two requests: Model 512 ($399) and Model 516 ($459 + $15 shipping). I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the heads up on this issue.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Mine too. Have dragged it through the woods, in the mud and transported it in my wet kayak. Has been mounted on a 12g and my Beowulf and works fine. Worked for the DM that just got back from Afghanistan in my last class too. We discussed this very topic for several minutes and his only complaint was the battery issue.

I actually killed one with a Beowulf (a 512.) Sent it back to Eotech and they repaired for free. Now an Aimpoint sits on the 'wulf; no issues, so far.

I like the reticle on the Eotech, and the fact that it takes AAs (available everywhere.) That being said, after mine crapped out, I never bought another (picked up a few Aimpoints, though.)

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    I would not be surprised to see Eotech offering new and corrected/updated versions down the road. If an owner has not yet noticed the issue and loves the features of holographic sights, the refund will still go a long way toward getting us back to holographic technology when it is ready.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I actually killed one with a Beowulf (a 512.) Sent it back to Eotech and they repaired for free. Now an Aimpoint sits on the 'wulf; no issues, so far.

I like the reticle on the Eotech, and the fact that it takes AAs (available everywhere.) That being said, after mine crapped out, I never bought another (picked up a few Aimpoints, though.)

I have 3 and might send one back. Will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I've been about sending mine back. I haven't had any issues yet. Does anyone else make a similar reticle ? I've used an aimpoint t1 and h1 dot is too small for my needs

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Submitted for 2 optics and 1 magnifier. Got an approval for 1 optic. Got an email for the 2nd saying my request was incomplete. Got a rejection on the magnifier saying they weren't covered unless one of the package deals. F Eotech. Now I have a $500+ dollar magnifier that I don't know if it will work on another optic.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    The magnifiers are well thought of and would sell quickly second hand. Guys run them with other rds.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I always thought a magnifier was a magnified and they work regardless of the brand of red dot optic being magnified.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Received response on two Eotech holographic sights. Their email response follows:

Your refund request has been received and approved. Please print and enclose this email chain, your RMA request (if filled out online) along with your optic and return it to:

EOTech Refunds
    1201 E Ellsworth Rd
    Ann Arbor MI 48108

Due to Shipping regulations please remove and discard all batteries prior to shipping.
    If you are retuning a MPO or HHS kit it must include both components.
    EOTech will add 15.00 return shipping on to your refund amount. We will process your refund request as soon as possible.
    To save space it is not necessary to return the plastic box with the optic.

CSJ

Dec 20, 2013
    Rockville
    I received the same email as above. Sent my two EOTech's. Was a little hesitant because they don't provide an actual RMA / tracking number. Sent it with signature required, now the waiting game.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    No check yet. Been three weeks. Not expecting to see anything for at least another week or two. For now I'm not going to pester them. Could slow down my refund.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm sure people there are pulling their hair out trying to handle it. Seems reasonable to allow at least Net 30 plus time to mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom