SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    i EDC the 5.11 TRIAB which also has a "covert" version

512PgoxBgJL._SX425_.jpg

it can be configured as a sling bag or backpack :thumbsup:

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Not concealed carry but I like this one a lot,have my 8.5 LWRC in it and M9. Used as a scabbarard but also can be carried as a bad adjusts up to 16.5 for larger rifles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 412

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I got one. Never actually used it because I disliked how obvious the front pulltab was. It's this huge thick strip and its gotta stick out but I would have preferred something that looks like one of the zipper pull tabs.

That and the back isn't very good for putting things besides guns into.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Someone recently poo-poo'd this as being too well-known in crime circles, but it wasn't even on my radar (or the radar of any of the gun guys I know) until I happened upon this video by accident. Since I was looking for a soft-case carry option for the MP5 at the time, I was intrigued enough to order one. Anyway, it just arrived and, within a few minutes, the sheer brilliance of the design became obvious. So much so that this thing's now my default MP5 range carry case. And for anyone with a CCW that needs/wants a discreet way to carry a sidearm & SBR, this is well worth your consideration.

Here's the video that sold me (and it works as advertised with the MP5 and a 92F/M9):

The pistol compartment is genius, but I feel like I'd be profiled/harassed by every cop in a 50mi radius with the bag overall. Looks nice though.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    The pistol compartment is genius, but I feel like I'd be profiled/harassed by every cop in a 50mi radius with the bag overall. Looks nice though.

If you look like the guy in the video (i.e., a tactigoon), you deserve to be profiled. But if you dress to blend in (i.e., gray), I doubt anyone'll give you a second glance....especially, women.:innocent0

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    But....but.... carrying a gun off body is "stupid and dangerous". Where did that thread go?

Nice. A sarcastic question... :lol:

But... I think just maybe the backpack is actually for on the body carry. As opposed to a case which is or may be left sitting on the floor while the person goes to get a coffee refill.

I would use a backpack to carry a Sub2000 ... But you can BYA there's going to be an "on the body" pistol which uses the same mags and same caliber rounds. And that backpack will not be set aside someplace where it could grow legs. Responsible carry is paramount to secure carry. No neglect is permissible.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I found an oakley sandbag for pretty cheap a few years ago. I carry my sub2K in it when i go out. Other than plenty of internal pockets for magazines it's probably not as well suited for a firearm as something purpose built. The bag doesnt really have any structure to support the weight. That 5.11 bag looks much better with a similar form factor. It may go on my christmas list.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you look like the guy in the video (i.e., a tactigoon), you deserve to be profiled. But if you dress to blend in (i.e., gray), I doubt anyone'll give you a second glance....especially, women.:innocent0

Fred, I would make you ... but only because I've seen so many ads for this bag and variants over the years. ;)

$49.99??? 3 days later it's $129.99 :confused:

Sportsman's Guide has a less expensive alternative ($27) ...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...ing-pack-with-detachable-fanny-pack?a=1837069

See here for free shipping coupon codes ...

http://www.slickguns.com/product/bulldog-msr-sling-pack-detachable-fanny-pack-2699

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Fred, I would make you ... but only because I've seen so many ads for this bag and variants over the years. ;)

That's because you're a gun guy, whose passion is guns, instead of a prison inmate/criminal, whose passion is crime. But I could be wrong (about the bag being discreet;)).

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I found an oakley sandbag for pretty cheap a few years ago. I carry my sub2K in it when i go out. Other than plenty of internal pockets for magazines it's probably not as well suited for a firearm as something purpose built. The bag doesnt really have any structure to support the weight. That 5.11 bag looks much better with a similar form factor. It may go on my christmas list.

Does a sub2K qualify as a long gun and thus allowable to carry without CCW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom