• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Tossing this question out there for the MD Shooters brain trust. It certainly falls under the category, "because you can," or perhaps you can't unless you file an ATF form.

If you take a modern AR pistol (pre-2013 FSA for clarification) and put another pistol under the hand guard, is that constructing an SBR?

My math says no, but you would make an AOW as the 2nd pistol may constitute a VFG. However, if you took the route of an unusual pistol like the defunct Zip-22 you'd have a legal pistol on pistol configuration.

Awaiting comments, and the Jurassic Park Malcolm meme, "just because you could doesn't mean you should."

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I thought vertical grips are only vertical if they are 90 degrees? Or is that for "Firearms" vs. Pistols?

Oh, there will be memes, and I'm sure photoshops!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The problem with having a VFG on your pistol is that it's a second pistol grip and makes the gun not designed for a one-handed hold, so I'd argue pretty strongly that your setup here could run the risk of being an AOW if it did not exceed 26" OAL.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    So this is a bit extreme, and the pic is borrowed off the 'ol Google machine. However, this configuration appears to be perfectly legal w/o an ATF form.

arWHE0s.jpg

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    According to the tour of the USS Constitution, a “son of a gun” is from back in the days of iron men and wooden ships, and few sailors were married, if one was expecting, on occasion the wife would come aboard and berth in the space between the two forward guns. If the baby was delivered, regardless of gender, it would have the honor of that title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom