• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Interesting that they included the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. What does that have to do with 2A?

It creates the equivalent of a National ID Card. That's a bad thing if you care about the vision our founders had for this country.

With such an ID in place, we're closer and closer to a day where officers of The State will say, "Your papers please." A Real ID is provided in response along with the required salutation, "Long live The State!"

I think it is very insightful of them to call out the Real ID act.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    It creates the equivalent of a National ID Card. That's a bad thing if you care about the vision our founders had for this country.

With such an ID in place, we're closer and closer to a day where officers of The State will say, "Your papers please." A Real ID is provided in response along with the required salutation, "Long live The State!"

I think it is very insightful of them to call out the Real ID act.

Not a bad thing if only requested at limited places or situations.

i.e. To vote, when arrested.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Not a bad thing if only requested at limited places or situations.

i.e. To vote, when arrested.

I disagree, but only because I think the existence of Real ID means it will eventually be abused. I just had to go through that process. There appears to be no way for residents of Maryland to OPT OUT of Real ID except to move. Several states do offer an OPT OUT option.

When I looked up to see if it was possible to OPT OUT, I ran across this site. Its name should tell you all that you need to know about Real ID.

https://papersplease.org

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Barr's interest is in cracking down on municipalities/states that are standing in the way of the constitutional rule of law. States saying they're going to stick to the constitution aren't going to be a problem from his point of view.

Ummmm....the 2A is an enumerated right, the Dems version breaks the law....

He is talking about sanctuaries for illegal immigrants.

I'm well aware, and I wasn't implying that the 2nd Amendment wasn't enumerated, or the 2nd isn't a more worthy cause. I meant that they will argue that this sets presidence, simple as that. Otherwise, as I have no fear of being hung for my opinions, I would have just told everyone that I felt that way.

As history has shown, Liberals will twist every stat, reg, law, precedent to chip away of our rights. You above are playing checkers if you think for one second that this won't be used against us.

Peace ✌

This is amazing news but I wonder what effect AG Barr's new crackdown on so-called sanctuaries have on this movement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom