• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    First, this post should not be taken as legal advice!

I am not an attorney, have never played one on TV, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express, once.

Should you ever be charged with illegally carrying a firearm in Marylandistan, insist on a jury trial and only accept jurors that own firearms to insure that you receive a "jury of your peers". If this condition cannot be met, then a change of venue to Texas would be a reasonable request, IMO.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Well, not to every one....:innocent0

Brings up a good question: HAS ANYONE EVER FILED FOIA IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE LIST OF CCW HOLDERS IN MD - for the express purpose of casting light on how many “concealed carry is okay for me but, not for thee” holders there are, in the MGA, Balt City and LibTard County / municipality govts?

Probably a dream but, also to uncover how many of the aforesaid have contracted armed security entourages enjoying MD permitted statuses, being footed by the tax payers?

I recently read an article (probably posted by a member here in MDS no doubt) about a CA Sheriff who notified all the CHP holders in his county that he had been forced to release a list of all CHP holders to a paper publisher. (The publisher then cried, “Foul!” asserting the Sheriffs action had placed them “in danger” of (retaliation by) CHP holders. That made my head hurt.

I still remember the looks on the faces of some of the reporters when then Gov Schaefer, the morning after passage of his infamous “Saturday Night Special” ban, confessed laughing at everyone in the room and the state over what he’d Ben able to pull off: “Bwahahahah, I keep a load revolver on my nightstand!” Come to think of it, for a second, the faces of his staff were even more priceless than those of the reporters!

I just can’t help but wonder what many of the “Zoey, Chloe, Doey” immigrant and progressive crowd in MD would think, to learn who among the pols saying, “No guns!” are actually permitted ....

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Brings up a good question: HAS ANYONE EVER FILED FOIA IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE LIST OF CCW HOLDERS IN MD - for the express purpose of casting light on how many “concealed carry is okay for me but, not for thee” holders there are, in the MGA, Balt City and LibTard County / municipality govts?

I know Dutch Ruppersburger has a CCW, despite being a strong anti fun legislator

I know this because a few years back he got caught with a loaded .22 pistol in his carry on bag trying to go through airport security at BWI

Of course his excuse was "Oh I forgot it was there". Uh huh.

The firearm was immediately returned to him, which he gave to a staffer to take home (which I believe is illegal transfer of a firearm as no background check was conducted before the staffer took possession), and no charges were filed. He was allowed to board the plane.

The Baltimore Sun buried the story.

Rules for thee but not for me....

As I recall Dutch came up in another gun conversation about how he obtained his CCW as he applied for it and got it the next day or something and didn't seem to have to show a reason for carrying like the rest of us do. Again...Baltimore Sun...1 paragraph on page 40 probably mixed in with the coupon section.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Multiple sets of rules.

Denizens of downtown-don’t GAS about laws. No legal consequence.
    Taxpayers/working (wo)man-don’t matter to pols/elite. Pay hugely in court. Tend to obey laws.
    Uberwealthy/political connected-un constrained by rules/laws. Don’t care about legal costs.

Know why y’all deplorables are in the middle of the list? Cause you’re getting screwed from both sides. All day. Every day.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I am trying to find a link to the Ditch Rippersberger story but it appears to have been thoroughly wiped from the Sun's archive

(Shocking)

Edit: I saw that autocorrect changed Dutch to Ditch after I posted. I clicked on 'edit' to fix it....

...and now I changed my mind. I am leaving it as Ditch.

Seems more appropriate

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    At this point if you live in Maryland and are not conceal carrying at least a Sig p365 or Glock 43 (or similar) everywhere you go, you are doing it wrong. Both of those guns are 9mm and easy as hell to conceal, just shorts and t shirt can conceal either one here in the Florida heat.

Us out of staters do not want to be hearing about any of you in shock trauma or worse, conceal carry everyday, in MD it's only a Misdemeanor anyway apparently.

A misdemeanor that will result in you being prohibited from owning firearms forever due to the possible sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

The list of W&C holders as well as the list of those with an HQL is exempt from a FOIA request. We (the 2A community) had that added to FSA2103, to protect our community after what happened in two counties in upstate NY back in 2012.

Probably a dream but, also to uncover how many of the aforesaid have contracted armed security entourages enjoying MD permitted statuses, being footed by the tax payers?

That would still be nice to know, regardless.

I recently read an article (probably posted by a member here in MDS no doubt) about a CA Sheriff who notified all the CHP holders in his county that he had been forced to release a list of all CHP holders to a paper publisher. (The publisher then cried, “Foul!” asserting the Sheriffs action had placed them “in danger” of (retaliation by) CHP holders. That made my head hurt.

Too bad California doesn't protect personal records like Maryland daoes.

I still remember the looks on the faces of some of the reporters when then Gov Schaefer, the morning after passage of his infamous “Saturday Night Special” ban, confessed laughing at everyone in the room and the state over what he’d Ben able to pull off: “Bwahahahah, I keep a load revolver on my nightstand!” Come to think of it, for a second, the faces of his staff were even more priceless than those of the reporters!

I just can’t help but wonder what many of the “Zoey, Chloe, Doey” immigrant and progressive crowd in MD would think, to learn who among the pols saying, “No guns!” are actually permitted ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom