Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Marketplace > Wanted to Buy
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 7th, 2020, 08:28 PM #1

WTB HK P2000 V3 9mm

Any leads? Will consider second hand in great condition and low round count.

Came across one at Bass Pro for $699. I don’t buy guns there and I’d rather go through a local dealer. Can anyone do better? Non LEM version.

Feel free to PM me with a price. I’m located in Baltimore County and work in Anne Arundel, but will consider making a trip if a good deal pops up.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Old February 9th, 2020, 01:18 AM #2

WTB HK P2000 V3 9mm

If you aren’t stuck on the p2000 I have a P30sk for sale. All mags(6) have Hk pinky extensions. More grip adjustments. DA/SA with rear decocker, no safety.

For sale locally for a good price.

Last edited by Jollyllama; February 9th, 2020 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Picture added meow
Jollyllama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2020, 04:00 PM #3

Thanks! I’m really partial to the p2000 because I feel it’s a far superior trigger.

I’ll definitely keep it in mind though. I have a vp9 so mag interchangeability would be a plus.
Old February 9th, 2020, 11:28 PM #4

Good luck on your search.

I’m pretty sure that the guns are pretty near mechanically identical with triggers being very similar. I’m sure there are better and worse triggers across the board between specimens, but I’ve never felt a p2000 trigger that was substantially different than any other of the hk line with the same action.

Not trying to sell you on anything here, I’ve handled a bunch of HKs and that is my experience. None of them really have great triggers IMO. They do get better with use, but all of the standard da/SA triggers (not the match) are duty grade triggers.

I do wish you luck on finding what you want though. The p2000 is a nice pistol and if that’s what you want, that’s what you want!
Old February 10th, 2020, 12:09 AM #5

Interesting. Very possible the p30 I handled was just wonky.

I appreciate the info. Ultimately this pistol is for my fiancé, who shoots all of my guns well but striker fired pistols are just more difficult for her to rack. My only hammer fired pistol is an M9 which is way too large for her.

My criteria has basically been a mid sized 9mm DA/SA with no manual safety. The p30 checks those boxes but the full size is just a tad big and the sk is too small. The p2000 is dimensionally perfect for her and I also prefer no finger grooves.

I may have her shoot both and let her decide, though.

Good luck with the sale of the SK!
Old February 10th, 2020, 12:50 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiPatrolDude View Post
Interesting. Very possible the p30 I handled was just wonky.

I appreciate the info. Ultimately this pistol is for my fiancé, who shoots all of my guns well but striker fired pistols are just more difficult for her to rack. My only hammer fired pistol is an M9 which is way too large for her.

My criteria has basically been a mid sized 9mm DA/SA with no manual safety. The p30 checks those boxes but the full size is just a tad big and the sk is too small. The p2000 is dimensionally perfect for her and I also prefer no finger grooves.

I may have her shoot both and let her decide, though.

Good luck with the sale of the SK!
Has she shot an SK or are you going off photos? I'm asking because I thought the P30SK would be too small for me based on photos, I wear XXL gloves, but it actually fits my hand really well even with the flush-fit magazine. I can shoot it just as well as my full-size P30 and my USP45.

Regarding the P2000. Look and see if you have any Gearfire dealers near you. Gearfire has the P2000 V3 available. It lists it as CA/MA compliant but it's still just the standard P2000, there's nothing different about it. A lot of the IP's here use Gearfire so it shouldn't be too hard to find one near you.
Old February 10th, 2020, 06:25 AM #7

Since you have the vp-9 the grip is similar if not identical to that. It is slimmer by many accounts on the Hk forum than a p2000 in measurement. I do t have a p2000, but chose the P30sk over it due to the grip feel and size. I have medium sized hands and it fits me very well.

Again, not a sales pitch, but if it isn’t for you, make sure the person who will be using it is trying it.

Good luck in arming your fiancé!
Old February 10th, 2020, 10:42 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX-3 View Post
Has she shot an SK or are you going off photos? I'm asking because I thought the P30SK would be too small for me based on photos, I wear XXL gloves, but it actually fits my hand really well even with the flush-fit magazine. I can shoot it just as well as my full-size P30 and my USP45.

Regarding the P2000. Look and see if you have any Gearfire dealers near you. Gearfire has the P2000 V3 available. It lists it as CA/MA compliant but it's still just the standard P2000, there's nothing different about it. A lot of the IP's here use Gearfire so it shouldn't be too hard to find one near you.
She has shot my VP9 and she's not a fan of the grip swells, even with the smallest panels attached. I love my VP9, but I do have to say I prefer flatter grips, in general.

She likes my p320 but that thing is stiff as a brick trying to rack that first round in, not to mention loading the mags.

Thanks for the advice!
Old February 10th, 2020, 04:52 PM #9

I like hammer fired guns myself. Getting hard to find these days. I think Springfield recently came out with a smaller hammer fired carry piece.

Maybe check that out as well.

My wife likes the p938 which is very easy to rack and with the pinky extension mag pretty easy to hold. It isn’t as snappy as a lot of little guns are. It is slim and easy to conceal for sure.

It does have a safety though as it is a single action.

Good luck!
Old February 10th, 2020, 05:01 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyllama View Post
I like hammer fired guns myself. Getting hard to find these days. I think Springfield recently came out with a smaller hammer fired carry piece.

Maybe check that out as well.

My wife likes the p938 which is very easy to rack and with the pinky extension mag pretty easy to hold. It isn’t as snappy as a lot of little guns are. It is slim and easy to conceal for sure.

It does have a safety though as it is a single action.

Good luck!
I was seriously considering the p938 for a while - great little gun.

I am totally biased towards striker fired - Glock 17,26, HK VP9, Sig p320 are my regular rotation. M9 is a safe queen - something to take out for a little fun here and there, and man that slide is like it's on ball bearings.

The Springfield variant (the 911 in 9mm I believe) looks promising and for less coin than the Sig.

Home Page > Forum List > The Marketplace > Wanted to Buy

Tags
9mm, h&k, p2000, pistol