• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    So what happens if both sides agree that there is nothing that can be done to satisfy the state's requirements? They surely can't come back and use the same scrutiny they used in this case.

Case is over. Plaintiffs lose.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Panel is Manion (Reagan, who voted for Culp last time), Hamilton (Obama), and newly Trump appointed Scudder. I'm optimistic.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Case is over. Plaintiffs lose.

Well, I think you pretty much called it. Oral arguments are here: http://media.ca7.uscourts.gov/sound/external/sk.17-2998.17-2998_09_20_2018.mp3

A disaster IMO. What I don't understand is why plaintiffs are getting pulled into all the minutiae of the IL laws. There's a ban on carry for the residents of 45 states. That should be the end of it right there. What am I missing?

BTW-looks like Trump missed badly on Michael Scudder on the 7th Circuit.

ReviledExpat

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 26, 2019
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar_...2341&q="bear+arms"&hl=en&scisbd=2&as_sdt=6,49

A loss at the 7th Circuit. I didn't see any mention of scrutiny, exc., merely that if IL can't "monitor" non-residents adequately, then a ban on residents of 45 states is OK.
    It's almost like this wasn't even a 2A case, merely a rational basis test for the IL CCW law.

When Scalia said "the right is not unlimited," he did not mean "every limit on the right is constitutional," which is the way these people have been interpreting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom