• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Any planned stops at a gas station in the middle part of the trip? or guess a few of us can run to fill up at lunch and get back before folks leave? Looks like around 100 miles planned, so I know I'll have to fill up once. couple other folks might have really limited range too.
    Looks like a great day if it stays dry, but packing rain gear just in case.

Yeah gonna need to feed my Porshe

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So far....

Confirmed:
    1-Me & Mrs. Raineman
    2-Cris & Sue (non MDS'ers)
    3-Mr. & Mrs. Stoveman
    4-Andy (& Linda?)
    5-THier
    6-possumman
    7-Reloader
    8-Mrs. DraKhen99
    9-DraKhen99
    10-Doug33w
    11-Dave21042
    12-Alucard0822

Possibles:

Not an outlaw
    MEGARMS
    GunnyHwy
    AppleHD (I know he likes to remain secret squirrel about his commitments)
    Mark75H
    Kiwiknoll
    SteveH326
    Shooterhyde

Did I miss anyone?

Move me up to confirmed, everything looks good to me

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    So far....

Confirmed:
    1-Me & Mrs. Raineman
    2-Cris & Sue (non MDS'ers)
    3-Mr. & Mrs. Stoveman
    4-Andy (& Linda?)
    5-THier
    6-possumman
    7-Reloader
    8-Mrs. DraKhen99
    9-DraKhen99
    10-Doug33w
    11-Dave21042
    12-Alucard0822

Possibles:

Not an outlaw
    MEGARMS
    GunnyHwy
    AppleHD (I know he likes to remain secret squirrel about his commitments)
    Mark75H
    Kiwiknoll
    SteveH326
    Shooterhyde

Did I miss anyone?

Haha, that's hilarious - I just noticed that Mrs. Drakhen99 is listed higher than me ;) Smart man!

FYI, let's hope the weather is *perfect* come Saturday morning ... she's informed me that she's a fair-weather rider and is not interested in getting rained on. If it's a light rain or drizzle, I'm in. Anything where I can still wear my jeans and only have to put the liner in my jacket.

-John

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I am out. Battery won't hold a charge. It's in a trickle charger and been on one all summer. Can jump start using starter as connection. Any ideas. Battery is buried under fuel tank. Anyone know what conditioning a battery is and can I do that?

Battery is out. New one arrives Wednesday. I was looking forward to the ride. Darn it!

Last edited:

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Any planned stops at a gas station in the middle part of the trip?

Yeah gonna need to feed my Porshe

There is a Highs gas station just down the street from the Park & Ride where we are starting. Highs #91. 10 Liberty Rd, Sykesville Md. at the corner of Liberty & Klee Mill Rd.

My advice for those who are "mileage challenged" would be to fill up there before you meet us.

We will pass another Highs right around the 80 mile mark. Highs #31. 304 N. Main St, Woodsboro Md.

There are probably others in certain areas that you could get to, but that is about it without going out of the way and off route.

Anyone still run a CB on their scoot?

Old school, easy and perfect for this kind of trip.

No CB on mine.

Haha, that's hilarious - I just noticed that Mrs. Drakhen99 is listed higher than me ;) Smart man!

Yes I am. Plus, the best looking Sportster on the planet most certainly rates ahead of your pretty white Kawy.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    meet at the Park & Ride Route 97 and Old Liberty Rd in Sykesville at 9:15 on the 14th, with plans to be on the road at 9:30.

I'll have a directions sheet for everyone.

Re-posting the meet up plans for everyone.

Updated attendance list in post #84, page 5.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    There is a Highs gas station just down the street from the Park & Ride where we are starting. Highs #91. 10 Liberty Rd, Sykesville Md. at the corner of Liberty & Klee Mill Rd.

My advice for those who are "mileage challenged" would be to fill up there before you meet us.

We will pass another Highs right around the 80 mile mark. Highs #31. 304 N. Main St, Woodsboro Md.

There are probably others in certain areas that you could get to, but that is about it without going out of the way and off route.

No CB on mine.

Yes I am. Plus, the best looking Sportster on the planet most certainly rates ahead of your pretty white Kawy.

Already planned on meeting up with a full tank:D My supermoto only has a 2 gal tank(including .5gal reserve), and gets anywhere from 40-70MPG. Looks like there is a tiny gas station about 1/4 mile from The pizza shop, might run there when we stop for lunch, guess I'll have to keep it under 80, and on both wheels:innocent0

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Booogety boogety.

094a73f3bc9e91db92be2f563e224e75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    The Mrs. and I took a ride today and routed the trip. It is 103 miles total. There are 5 stops including a nice little place for lunch. With time to visit each stop, figure on about 5 hours.

Lets plan to meet at the Park & Ride Route 97 and Old Liberty Rd in Sykesville at 9:15 on the 14th, with plans to be on the road at 9:30.

I'll have a directions sheet for everyone, and if you have a HD with the Boom infotainment system I'll have a Zip drive you can import the trip to your ride.

Still meeting at 9:15? Just want to make sure nothing changed without reading through the entire thread

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Andy and Linda are in, Mrs. Stove is out. Stove Jr came home from Salisbury unannounced for the weekend. I took him out to dinner tonight because the wife had another commitment so she is spending parts of tomorrow with him.

See y'all at 9:15.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Last second decision for me... NYC calls...

Stove... I have CB but have not checked to see if it works...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom