• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I believe this will solve your mold problem. I have 2 baths and 1 oven fan venting into my attic with no through the roof venting. I've never had a mold problem since venting through the ridge is sufficient to expel the moisture. I just didn't want to cut more holes in the roof. The radon vent on the other hand is vented through.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Old thread but in case anyone ever has this issue:

After waiting until the hot summer months passed, I finally got rid of the attic mold. A nice MDS member, with mold remediation experience, pointed me to Fiberlock Shockwave and Fiberlock Mold Stain Remover. After getting obscene quotes upward of $5k, I did it myself for about $200 of fluids and equipment. Including a full suit and respirator. Took about 4 trips to the attic.

Another great example of people helping people on here.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    So was the cause the radon pipe? Nice job by you and the fellow MDS'er. It amazes me how an industry created such a fear of black mold.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So was the cause the radon pipe? Nice job by you and the fellow MDS'er. It amazes me how an industry created such a fear of black mold.

Yes, I did have a roofer come in and install it properly. Thank you.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Old thread but in case anyone ever has this issue:

After waiting until the hot summer months passed, I finally got rid of the attic mold. A nice MDS member, with mold remediation experience, pointed me to Fiberlock Shockwave and Fiberlock Mold Stain Remover. After getting obscene quotes upward of $5k, I did it myself for about $200 of fluids and equipment. Including a full suit and respirator. Took about 4 trips to the attic.

Another great example of people helping people on here.

I love to hear stories like this.

Although,..... I'm surprised there aren't three contractors here warning you how your house is somehow going to burn to the ground now because you opted to not get raped for literally ~$4,800 dollars in labor. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom