• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Wouldn't it be something if Beretta was selected for one of the pistols and they built it at their new plant?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Isnt the Army moving away from 9mm....

The DoD is always studying whether they have the best possible gear, they do a lot of studies. That said, the FBI's pick for a handgun could shake up police departments around the country. They have the budget to do the big studies, smaller agencies tend to follow their lead.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    The DoD is always studying whether they have the best possible gear, they do a lot of studies. That said, the FBI's pick for a handgun could shake up police departments around the country. They have the budget to do the big studies, smaller agencies tend to follow their lead.

100% spot on.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN

Could this be the death of the .40 as a major handgun ammo type? If the FBI switches to 9M that will make 9M the king of the handgun's. For the record I don't care to shot .40 cal. I own and shot both 9's and 45's and like both but don't like or shot .40 cal. on a regular bases.

Thanks
    Robert

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    I wonder what will happen to the price of 9mm. Could go either way I suppose. More production could lead to lower prices, or could lead to the government buying all of it plus a lot more.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Could this be the death of the .40 as a major handgun ammo type? If the FBI switches to 9M that will make 9M the king of the handgun's. For the record I don't care to shot .40 cal. I own and shot both 9's and 45's and like both but don't like or shot .40 cal. on a regular bases.

Thanks
    Robert

I think that 40 will be around for a long time, considering it's been around since 1990 or so.

It's not like the 45 GAP or anything....:cool:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    .40 isnt going anywhere. Police departments across the country use it and are switching to it. Just like how some departments go to 9 or even some to .357 sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom