The HK G36 isn't on the ban list, right? HK releasing civvy model...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    ....which doesn't look too boogered up (I'm not even sure this could be considered a copy of a G36, but I know how arbitrary that determination is). Think this will pass the copycat test? The HK293:

The rifle is made with parts from the G36, but the bolt and the .223-chambered barrel design are unique. The reason for this is that gun companies in Germany cannot sell “weapons of war” to civilians. This gun has been sufficiently changed that it cannot be easily converted to a military-stye fully-automatic G36.

The rifle will feature a quad rail and a STANAG magazine well that accepts standard AR-15 magazine. Four different types of stocks will be offered, a short fixed stock, a long fixed stock (hunting/SLR style?) and two types of adjustable stocks.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/11/25/heckler-koch-hk243-hk293-civilian-g36/

HK243-660x247.jpg

I know the G36 has some problems, but this might be another suitable alternative for some folks in the "Free" State.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I'm sure if it comes from hk it will be crazy expensive. I'd still like to have one though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm sure if it comes from hk it will be crazy expensive. I'd still like to have one though.
    I could see it coming in at $2000. Problem is, the ARX-100 is about twice the rifle at the same price.

Also, the version as pictured would be banned due to FH+folder. You'd need to fix the stock or go with a brake/comp.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    You better Triple that according to HK forum this is not importable into the U.S Go to their web site and read it It's in German so you have to translate The Admin on HK Forum explains why

The G36 parts kits alone are almost $900. Unless you do the work yourself it'll end up anywhere from $1000 to $3000 depending on how far you want to go into conversion work.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It could be uglier. I'm not really sure how, but the law of probability says that it could.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I still am waiting for the PTR32 (middle next year), which may or may not be banned. I absolutely love my PTR91.

I know - it's not even close to a G36 ...

Attachments

• DSC_0055.jpg
      DSC_0055.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 459

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads