• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Actually, BOA is really anti-2A. Just ask them about opening an account for a firearms related trust... :sad20:

Alright, I just read the reason on that website that Costco is supposedly anti 2nd Amendment. It is solely because they will not allow members, employees, etc. to bring guns into the warehouses, and this is a world wide policy. Yeah, I can understand the policy. Bank of American, who I actually do not like, also had an anti-2nd amendment rating for the same reason. Honestly, I don't want every client of mine seeing me with a gun strapped to their side either. I guess I am anti-2nd Amendment too then. Would have never guessed that to be the case. Hard to believe that bars and churches are anti-2nd Amendment too.

Now, in my book if a business is donating to the Brady Campaign or taking a straight out anti-2nd Amendment approach like Bloomberg, then that is a different story as far as I am concerned.

Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    More?

Read about Erik Scott a West Point graduate that was killed when an ignorant COSTCO loss prevention employee's irrational fear of guns and over zealous enforcement of COSTCO policy led to Erik's death:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/cops-gun-down-man-for-legally-carrying-firearm/

0923inquest15_t653.jpg

A fine physical specimen!

Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    More?

Read about Erik Scott a West Point graduate that was killed when an ignorant COSTCO loss prevention employee's irrational fear of guns and over zealous enforcement of COSTCO policy led to Erik's death:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/cops-gun-down-man-for-legally-carrying-firearm/

0923inquest15_t653.jpg

Oh, you mean this Craig Jelinek; the one that donates so much that Biden thanks him in person.

512x.jpg

MSNBC isn't reporting the news they are directly and overly lobbying for a minimum wage increase.

They open their report with a video clip of Nancy Pelosi, that should make it clear where they stand.

I kid you not, see for yourself: http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/03/08/costco-ceo-wants-minimum-wage-hike-to-10-plus/

Yeah, a real class act! Of course he’s a heavy donor to Democrats; they know how to spend your own money better than you do. I bet he gets a nice Obamacare exception carved out for himself too!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Like I'm gong to stop going to Costco. Right. :rolleyes:
    How many people who said they weren't going to have chick-fil-a have enjoyed their delicious sandwich again?

Sent from somewhere in the world.

I eat Chic-Fil-A all the damn time but not because of any other reason that I like it better than Mack Donald's.

I had a trial membership to BJ's, and liked it a bit. Then again it was next door to my apartment.

Will these companies really care? Exxon and BP are still in business. If we lived in the liberal utopia many people think America is becoming, they would be done and we'd be pumping CITGO.

I am willing to bet over 99% of people don't give a crap about any given corporation's position, and if they do its probably because they saw a commercial on TV paid for by them.

You can get your corner kabob shop out of business, but I doubt Costco will really miss our money. Not saying you shouldn't chose where to shop based on principal, just IMO it doesn't matter with the big companies.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    I'm pretty sure in states where you can carry no one will hound you about it. Though private establishments can set up their own laws of what is acceptable and what isn't. These places however, have to post them in public. But IMO, that's better than the government nannying the businesses.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

I was going to say nice things about Wrangler (who make Lee) and Carhartt; but I see although they are both also American companies, most products are manufactured overseas.

Wrangler is an American manufacturer of jeans and other clothing items. The brand is owned by the VF Corporation, who also own Lee, JanSport, and The North Face, among others. Its headquarters is in downtown Greensboro, North Carolina in the United States, with production plants in a variety of locations throughout the world.
    2001: Wrangler commences making its jeans in Mexico.
    2005: Wrangler's last U.S. sewing plant is closed.

Carhartt, Inc., is a U.S.-based clothing company founded in 1889 that focuses on work clothes. It is still a family-owned company, owned by the descendants of company founder Hamilton Carhartt, with its headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan.
    Due to competition from other apparel manufacturers and pressure to drive down prices, many of Carhartt's non-core apparel items have been increasingly outsourced abroad. Some countries where outsourcing is and has been done are: Honduras, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, China, and the Philippines.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    I was going to say nice things about Wrangler (who make Lee) and Carhartt; but I see although they are both also American companies, most products are manufactured overseas.

Wrangler is an American manufacturer of jeans and other clothing items. The brand is owned by the VF Corporation, who also own Lee, JanSport, and The North Face, among others. Its headquarters is in downtown Greensboro, North Carolina in the United States, with production plants in a variety of locations throughout the world.
    2001: Wrangler commences making its jeans in Mexico.
    2005: Wrangler's last U.S. sewing plant is closed.

Carhartt, Inc., is a U.S.-based clothing company founded in 1889 that focuses on work clothes. It is still a family-owned company, owned by the descendants of company founder Hamilton Carhartt, with its headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan.
    Due to competition from other apparel manufacturers and pressure to drive down prices, many of Carhartt's non-core apparel items have been increasingly outsourced abroad. Some countries where outsourcing is and has been done are: Honduras, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, China, and the Philippines.

The jeans All American makes comes with a tag that has a code. You can go to their website type in the code and it will tell you what farm the cotton your jeans were made with came from.
    You should also check out www.usa30days.com

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    I'd love to support them, but $50 for a pair of jeans?

Well Levis, Lee, and Wranglers don't fit comfortably. I wore Carharts for a while and they fit nicely, I came across all american gave it a shot and they fit like the Carharts and same price. You tell me $50 to china or $50 and support our country? They also have sales all the time, plus 90 day no question asked return policy.

Sorry not trying to get this off topic.

Last edited:

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I am a little disappointed in some of the comments above. Taking back civil liberties are fighting to get them requires some sacrifice. If you can stop supporting an anti 2A business, where there are other alternatives, can you really complain?

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Eh, they are also one of the few big corporations that pay a decent wage to their employees ($17/hour), and provide medical benefits, and the CEO/ co-founder Craig Jelinek insists on only accepting $550k a year in income. He has often refused to do many things that would have added to both the company's bottom line, and his own. He has the attitude that his employees and their quality of life are as important as quarterly profits. As long the company is profitable, and he makes a good income; there is no reason to screw people over to try and maximize his and the company's bottom line.
    So, sorry, that trumps the company's anti-2a stance in my book. If every company operated this way (instead of only a handful), I might actually buy into the, Free-Market ramblings I often hear from libertarians.

Still a good idea to let evey anti 2A company know that you as the customer do not apprreciate their bias/prejudice and that this will influence your buying decisions. They put on the liberal coat to get more customers in the door. If they realize that they are going to loose more on the other end of the spectrum they will reconsider. In order for your voice/opinion to be heard you have to say something.

Example: Next time NPR is going to do a membership drive, let's all call the sign-up line and tell them that due to their biased reporting on gun issues we cannot renew our membership or become a new member.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Well Levis, Lee, and Wranglers don't fit comfortably. I wore Carharts for a while and they fit nicely, I came across all american gave it a shot and they fit like the Carharts and same price. You tell me $50 to china or $50 and support our country? They also have sales all the time, plus 90 day no question asked return policy.

Sorry not trying to get this off topic.

Its all relative, no problem.

I would gladly support them if they were just a bit more, but I can get Wranglers (which fit me the best, and last the longest) for $15. That's quite a difference.

Here's another American made brand, but a bit pricey as well: http://store.americangusset.com/index.php

MH

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    That is very disappointing. I like shopping at Costco because they pay their employees a decent wage.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Its all relative, no problem.

I would gladly support them if they were just a bit more, but I can get Wranglers (which fit me the best, and last the longest) for $15. That's quite a difference.

Here's another American made brand, but a bit pricey as well: http://store.americangusset.com/index.php

MH

I have two pair of gussets. I bought them out of curiosity. They are good enough but I'll be dammed if I'll buy just these. $50+ shipping per pair is 4 pair of Wranglers or Arizona or lee.

Sent from somewhere in the world.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Anyone browsing this forum with a computer or phone or tablet made in America?

I have guns and ammo from many countries.

I dunno, I think we're peeing in the ocean with a company like Costco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom