• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Hey All,

Picked up a new TenPoint this summer. While sitting in the tree this past Saturday, I noticed a split in the limbs on both the left and right side (same spot). Is this something you’d continue to shoot? I have a feeling it’s a season ender for me.

Attachments

• 72F833B9-5339-4AA9-87C8-D8E887F7E0C7.jpg
      72F833B9-5339-4AA9-87C8-D8E887F7E0C7.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 220
    • B00D7B62-8CE6-419D-A420-CAEC4457742A.jpg
      B00D7B62-8CE6-419D-A420-CAEC4457742A.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 217

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm no expert, but if that crack opens up and the limb lets go, it could be much worse than a season ender. Kinda looks like one of the laminations is coming unglued on both limbs.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Yup you are done. Not only is it dangerous but it's also not ethical to use on game. The split means a loss of structural integrity in the limb. That translates into loss of power, and loss of accuracy. Each time the limb is cycled the split can grow at an unknown rate. That means your sights or point of impact are also constantly changing. It's like having a rifle with loose scope rings.

You might be able to get replacement limbs, swap parts over, the re-sight it. If it was new as you say then see what the manufacturer or vendor can do.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Thanks for the replies. With a doe in the freezer already, it’s not the end of the world. Just a little frustrating to drop that amount of money on a new bow and see this with less than 100 shots. I’m just glad I noticed it when I did.

Picked it up in June from Green Top in VA. Going to give them a call, they are also an authorized TenPoint warranty center. Sent an email to TenPoint but haven’t heard back yet. Will keep you all posted!

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I agree with all and to quit shooting it. Send it in for Warranty repair. My buddy just bought a Carnage and the serving opened up where one of the string clips holds it. We talked about him using it until gun season and sending it back for a new string.

These bows are under such intense pressure to shoot as they do. This was your warning to not get hurt! Simple things can cause catastrophic failures.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Hopefully they will replace it for free.... long story but I had the same thing happen to my fathers Excalibur xbow and they repaired for free in under a week. Hopefully you have a good experience like that.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    100 Arrows Shot + Cracked Limb = Full Refund.

Then look at other manufacturers.

And good on you for inspecting your bow and finding the problem.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Thanks again all. This isn’t a rip on TenPoint. I have been very happy with this bow, except this one snag of course. I hope it’s just a quality issue with this set of limbs and not a design problem.

So far the store I purchased it from has been helpful. Just have to make the trip for repair. I will wait and see what TenPoint says, maybe I can get it fixed closer to home.

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Sorry this happened now. Don't shoot it and chance getting hurt or wounding game. Hopefully TenPoint will take care of you.

In the meantime, if you need a crossbow to hunt with, I have an Excalibur you can borrow. You know where to find me!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    No way I would want to take a chance of that coming apart and getting hit in the face or eyes.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks again all. This isn’t a rip on TenPoint. I have been very happy with this bow, except this one snag of course. I hope it’s just a quality issue with this set of limbs and not a design problem.

So far the store I purchased it from has been helpful. Just have to make the trip for repair. I will wait and see what TenPoint says, maybe I can get it fixed closer to home.
    hopefully you registered your warranty. looks like limbs are 5yrs covered.
    https://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/pages/warranty-info/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom