Form 1 SBR "disapproved" because AW are Illegal in MD??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    There's no requirement to engrave your name personally on title 1 firearms (IE just a lower.) When he does the form 1 the trust is the maker, and trust name, location, serial number, caliber and model (if designated) must be engraved. He does not have to engrave both.

Thanks for the clarification Nate. :)

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Has anyone ever resubmitted immediately after disapproval? I sent a new form back in with corrections and notified mr Dicken of the new form. Just wondering if they will move it through quick or if I'll be waiting again.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    First timers seem to be going through in six weeks so, at the very least...

schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    Has anyone ever resubmitted immediately after disapproval? I sent a new form back in with corrections and notified mr Dicken of the new form. Just wondering if they will move it through quick or if I'll be waiting again.

I did that on a corrected Form 4... still went to the bottom of the pile. Can't hurt, good luck.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

I did this and was approved on my correction eform just 2 days after resubmitting. I was directed by my examiner to give disapproved control number and new submission control number in an email directly to her. She requested my app to be expedited by her supervisor and 2 days later I had my stamp. Good luck.....

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    I did this and was approved on my correction eform just 2 days after resubmitting. I was directed by my examiner to give disapproved control number and new submission control number in an email directly to her. She requested my app to be expedited by her supervisor and 2 days later I had my stamp. Good luck.....

I sent one to Jason Dicken, one to Ted
    Clutter, and attached the same info to my documents in the application. Hopefully someone pushes it through, because I was told to resubmit with that info.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    There's no requirement to engrave your name personally on title 1 firearms (IE just a lower.) When he does the form 1 the trust is the maker, and trust name, location, serial number, caliber and model (if designated) must be engraved. He does not have to engrave both.
    Thank you Nate, that is kind of what I thought, but I wanted to be sure.. ;)

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    Just got off the phone with Ted...

For starters, following this video from silencershop screwed me. They have edited it now to be correct, but at 1:35 he says to put your name in (there is a popup now that corrected it). It should be the name of the trust, not your name. That is where I messed up. So if anyone else followed that video before they edited it, your form will be disapproved.

I talked to him about the MD stuff for like 15 mins. He basically said everything that has been talked about in this thread already. They want something official from the MSP stating SBR's are legal to own. I asked him about the advisory, and he said it wasn't clear enough to them. He literally said to stop sending it in, they have it and it's not good enough.

He seemed like a pretty cool dude. I think they feel like MD put out a confusing law, and expect the ATF to interpret it. They aren't willing to do that.

He told me to resubmit if I could prove that my SBR is legal for me to own in MD. I have no idea how to do that. Maybe emailing Cpl Edwards, telling him exactly what my SBR will be and asking if its OK for me to own in MD. Then again, I don't know that they will accept a "Yes, that's OK" email from a corporal in the MSP.

He did say he kicked mine back because of the obvious problem, and that they would have held off disapproving it until they hear from the state. That maybe why a bunch of you that have been in process for awhile haven't heard anything back yet.

This whole thing is starting to not be worth it. I was gonna do a bcm 11.5", but may end up just pinning a 14.5". 3" is not really worth all this hassle.

Resubmitted my form1 friday. Literally, just emailed ted my disapproved control # along with my new resubmitted # , and my stamp was approved 2 minutes later! Dude is still working at 9 pm on a Tuesday. Hats off to him.

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Resubmitted my form1 friday. Literally, just emailed ted my disapproved control # along with my new resubmitted # , and my stamp was approved 2 minutes later! Dude is still working at 9 pm on a Tuesday. Hats off to him.

Same! Resubmit on Friday and just got my email from Ted at 10:30pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom