Magpul Xtm handstop
    Magpul AFG
    High powered tactical L2M 1k lumen light with /strobe/pressure switch
    Magpul Pro MBUS sights

Last edited:

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Anyone have a pic of a 7.5"/pig pistol next to a 10.5"/A2? From what I figured, they should be pretty darn close in length...appealing to the practical side of me (little angel on my right shoulder saying "get the 10.5", it's more practical and offers better ballistics). Whereas the "hur-dur" teenager side of me (little devil sitting on my left shoulder saying ("F, that Bub! Get a 7.5" blaster! It's a pistol after all, and that little thing would be ****!).

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Anyone have a pic of a 7.5"/pig pistol next to a 10.5"/A2? From what I figured, they should be pretty darn close in length...appealing to the practical side of me (little angel on my right shoulder saying "get the 10.5", it's more practical and offers better ballistics). Whereas the "hur-dur" teenager side of me (little devil sitting on my left shoulder saying ("F, that Bub! Get a 7.5" blaster! It's a pistol after all, and that little thing would be ****!).

Why not do both?

I built out my first pistol using this 10.5" upper from PSA and I have no complaints given the low price. My next will be a 7.5" from scratch.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/2109/

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Tons of fun! CMMG trigger and pistol grip will be the first things to go.

Attachments

• IMG_20140727_104022563_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20140727_104022563_HDR.jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 1,006

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just put 20 rounds through my new build, ran right as rain! Love this little bastard! Just need some sights and I'd like to get a quad rail for it. Just a PSA 12" upper w/PSA BCG and CH on a PSA lower with CMMG parts kit. Phase 5 tactical buffer with Sig brace. This is the Phase 5 buffer designed for the Sig brace.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 972

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    My pistol build is on the way.

Anderson lower
    Aero upper
    Most likely a Rainier force 12" rail
    Primary Weapons CQB muzzle device
    Hex 2 tube
    SB15 brace
    K2 grip
    ALG ACT trigger

Still need to decide on a barrel.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Trying to decide on a pistol barrel here....

Aero Precision 7.5" nitrided
    Seekins 8" SS
    KAK 8" SS

Granted the AP is a lot less $ and the Seekins and KAK are stainless/Wylde. Seekins is 1:8, KAK is 1:7.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    I prefer a 5.56 chamber. It's a pistol, you're not exactly going for accuracy so why bother with .223 or Wylde?

Good point. I just wish there was something (other than the impossible to find Noveske) between 7.5" and 10"

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Good point. I just wish there was something (other than the impossible to find Noveske) between 7.5" and 10"

Midway has the Noveskes and Daniel Defense on 'Backorder OK' status; of course the Noveske barrels are backordered til May of next year, but the DD is supposed to in stock next month.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Midway has the Noveskes and Daniel Defense on 'Backorder OK' status; of course the Noveske barrels are backordered til May of next year, but the DD is supposed to in stock next month.

I must have been extremely lucky finding the noveske 7.5 diplomat barrel on the rainier arms site recently.

I checked the next day and they were sold out and have been since.

I know folks had security concerns with the rainier site. I have had no issues with my bank account since ordering,and they have one hell of a selection of barrels.

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Well, since Maryland State Police gave us permission (funny we had to ask for permission) to buy lowers again, I've decided I can't take staring at others' pistols all day and I'm going to do one myself.

Right now I'm going to just buy the basics and everything else will be looked into over time. Keep in mind this will be a budget conscious build.

D7CE8E2C-CB24-400C-9DA5-13F9116B23B0_zpsjt9so7cq.jpg

Lower: Anderson Manufacturing forged lower

0F800823-6D99-492A-9F92-AE39AE2CA782_zps4cl7yre6.jpg

Upper: have a stripped AERO laying around unused since UWone77 got me a CMT billet from the last giveaway

Handguard: will do some shopping around, but I really love my Rainier FORCE, so it may be a 12" FORCE

SB15 brace (sig is having an awesome promotion right now, $125 shipped for the brace and a free $130 rifle bag with it)

0B1842EC-A008-46B8-A836-93764B2D056E_zpsejbvc9jv.jpg

Buffer assembly: phase 5 hex2 complete setup

7746DED4-50EC-448C-A262-2A0BDBD66666_zpsthwbauy9.jpg

Trigger: likely a ALG ACT

LPK: shop around til I find a decent deal on one without a grip and FCG, likely buy the parts separately at a gun show.

B42035F4-E2B8-49B2-B651-D8406E77BE19_zpsxezehwbk.jpg

E64828EB-6306-4ABE-AB52-39AD7994E183_zpszfiiy8hw.jpg

Grip: Magpul K2

BCG: another one of those things I'll shop around on. Not too cheap but find a good deal.

Barrel: Need advice on this one. I guess I'm going the 10.5-11.5" route, but need some input on the best "bang for my buck"

Muzzle device: not too sure on this one either, but I'm leaning the Noveske kx3 route, but I do really like that new Primary Weapons CQB muzzle device too.

Optics: Primary Arms red dot, or I'll move my Vortex Sparc off my 14.5" and put a 1-4 on that rifle.

That should pretty much be a complete rifle with the exception of some odds and ends trinkets that I can add later. Interested to hear you guys thoughts.

Funny how the tables have turned. I was told last summer before the ban that I wasn't allowed to build a pistol (which was BS) and now I'm being told explicitly that I have to build a pistol or HBAR.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005

Nah, I mean the Noveske "Navy" 8.5" barrel.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Well, since Maryland State Police gave us permission (funny we had to ask for permission) to buy lowers again, I've decided I can't take staring at others' pistols all day and I'm going to do one myself.

Right now I'm going to just buy the basics and everything else will be looked into over time. Keep in mind this will be a budget conscious build.

Lower: Anderson Manufacturing forged lower

Upper: have a stripped AERO laying around unused since UWone77 got me a CMT billet from the last giveaway

Handguard: will do some shopping around, but I really love my Rainier FORCE, so it may be a 12" FORCE

SB15 brace (sig is having an awesome promotion right now, $125 shipped for the brace and a free $130 rifle bag with it)

Buffer assembly: phase 5 hex2 complete setup

Trigger: likely a ALG ACT

LPK: shop around til I find a decent deal on one without a grip and FCG, likely buy the parts separately at a gun show.

Grip: Magpul K2

BCG: another one of those things I'll shop around on. Not too cheap but find a good deal.

Barrel: Need advice on this one. I guess I'm going the 10.5-11.5" route, but need some input on the best "bang for my buck"

Muzzle device: not too sure on this one either, but I'm leaning the Noveske kx3 route, but I do really like that new Primary Weapons CQB muzzle device too.

Optics: Primary Arms red dot, or I'll move my Vortex Sparc off my 14.5" and put a 1-4 on that rifle.

That should pretty much be a complete rifle with the exception of some odds and ends trinkets that I can add later. Interested to hear you guys thoughts.

Funny how the tables have turned. I was told last summer before the ban that I wasn't allowed to build a pistol (which was BS) and now I'm being told explicitly that I have to build a pistol or HBAR.

I see you have the accessory plug in that hex2 package. That plug is extremely tough to get out once installed, I put some fire clean on mine which helped a little but, not much.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Alrighty,
    SB15 on hand
    BCM BCG on hand
    LPK on hand
    Aero lowers in "jail"
    Aero uppers inbound
    Aero 7.5" barrel inbound
    Spikes gas tube and pistol buffer kit inbound
    Odin works gas block inbound
    Hayes Research HK style BUIS inbound

Now, would I be a total masochist by going with an A2 or brake of FH like the SFMB or AAC? I've also seen these PWS CQB knockoffs, ACI Revolution for like $90..

http://androcorpind.com/product/aci-revolution-5-56-nato/

I'm thinking maybe a Viking tactics 7", Spikes SAR 7", MI SSG2, or SLR 8" (if I go with a longer "can" style").

Thoughts?

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Alrighty,
    SB15 on hand
    BCM BCG on hand
    LPK on hand
    Aero lowers in "jail"
    Aero uppers inbound
    Aero 7.5" barrel inbound
    Spikes gas tube and pistol buffer kit inbound
    Odin works gas block inbound
    Hayes Research HK style BUIS inbound

Now, would I be a total masochist by going with an A2 or brake of FH like the SFMB or AAC? I've also seen these PWS CQB knockoffs, ACI Revolution for like $90..

http://androcorpind.com/product/aci-revolution-5-56-nato/

I'm thinking maybe a Viking tactics 7", Spikes SAR 7", MI SSG2, or SLR 8" (if I go with a longer "can" style").

Thoughts?

Sounds sick, I like that revolution too. Hopefully it works for you as advertised for that price, higher than a KX5

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom