• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Benchmade makes a few knives that are unique (SOCP), or are the best one suited for my needs. (#7 Rescue Hook) so, I may take advantage of the sale to pick up a couple.

I've been carrying some form of Emerson folder as my EDC for about 15 years now. And, for the past 10-ish, it's almost always been a Mini CQC-15. The price point is higher than some other companies, but I feel that it's more than fair for US designed and US made products of that quality. Also, Ernest Emerson appears to hold himself to a high standard, both personally and professionally, which is nice to see.

Spyderco makes quality knives, in just about every size and style, and they've got at least a few options in about every use case, tier, and/or price. Some are made outside the US, but I believe that most of their products are still made here. (Haven't done a detailed check, recently) I really like that my Manix 2 says "Golden, Colorado U.S.A. Earth" on the back of the blade. It makes me smile whenever I see it. :)

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    What's a USA made brand you would reccomend that hasn't gone to the dark side?

Hogue. Made in Nevada. Just bought a Hogue Deka that is like a Benchmade design with the axis lock but I like the fit and finish better.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    F-yea, works on their custom stuff /knife builder too, 1 knife per e-mail address, have to make additional accounts for more.

I'm a fan of the 550 Griptilian, good size, comfortable/secure handle, great blade shape, and a cool mix of a spyderhole and axis lock, have a couple that see a lot of pocket time.

went with a murdered out CPM M4 with carbon fiber scales and all black hardware, tough hard steel and pretty awesome material/color combo. Also picked up a blue G10 / satin S90V version, this will probably see a lot more pocket time to replace an older 550 in 154CM with the same color combo that is a bit ratty.

Attachments

• bmk-cr-knife-stacked (1).jpg
      bmk-cr-knife-stacked (1).jpg
      25.1 KB · Views: 307
    • bmk-cr-knife-stacked.jpg
      bmk-cr-knife-stacked.jpg
      28.3 KB · Views: 310

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Some of their knives are made in China, but they are upfront about which are.

They have a brand "Byrd" that are Chinese, and good value. Gave my son a Spyderco Dragonfly, think it's made in Japan

The USA made Buck knives have always been good to me. They are genuine Americans, not a bunch of commies from what I know about them. Ill buy them at full price any day.

Their customer service and repair is very responsive, return phone calls and repair w/ no hassle. The 112, 110 Autos are very unique

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

I like Kershaws. You have to check which ones are US made but a good chunk of them are. My EDC is gray Link. I also occasionally carry a Blur with the G10 grip instead; and I carry my Shallot when I need something slim to hide in dress pants.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Missed it too. Left my wallet in car, by time took a break from work, go fetch it and back no longer honored what had in cart. Halfway relieved this site did not cost me unneeded money again !!

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I like Kershaws. You have to check which ones are US made but a good chunk of them are. My EDC is gray Link. I also occasionally carry a Blur with the G10 grip instead; and I carry my Shallot when I need something slim to hide in dress pants.

They have a whole section on their site now of USA made knives to make it easier.

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/usa-made.html

Everything not under that category is either made in China or Japan. I’ve been carrying their carbon fiber Natrix (not USA made) for almost 2 years now.

Kair350

"Send Me"
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2016
    Harford County MD
    11:35 am order confirmation benchmade. It took several tries. The first 3 times I chose free shipping and the order would not leave the basket. When I finallly got a window without the free shipping option I chose the 15.00 option and it went through.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Wow, called it if true. I started reading comments on that reddit form where that discount code was and found this.

Per Reddit user Wittysmoke-"Called the support number, they said it wasn't their code, but as long as the order came through they would ship whatever was in the order. The lady refused to tell me any other info, but they were well aware that this was going on."

I sure hope they do honor the sales.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Wow, called it if true. I started reading comments on that reddit form where that discount code was and found this.

Per Reddit user Wittysmoke-"Called the support number, they said it wasn't their code, but as long as the order came through they would ship whatever was in the order. The lady refused to tell me any other info, but they were well aware that this was going on."

I sure hope they do honor the sales.

It’d be a pretty bad PR move if they didn’t.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.

Buck. Yes, some of their stuff is made overseas but not much. The classic 110 is a knife everyone should have and they are often under $40 and US made.

They also have a custom shop if you want something a little different.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Reading through the Reddit posts now. Lots of folks have had their orders canceled. Oh well, it was a good try. I’d still like to know the story behind the false discount code and how many knives sold in the last 24hrs. Looks like I’ll never get my
    940. Those people are nuts with their prices.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Reading through the Reddit posts now. Lots of folks have had their orders canceled. Oh well, it was a good try. I’d still like to know the story behind the false discount code and how many knives sold in the last 24hrs. Looks like I’ll never get my
    940. Those people are nuts with their prices.

Yeh they canceled my order. I’ll be emailing and calling them, and if they don’t honor it I won’t ever buy a benchmade again.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    .......and orders cancelled no explanation or e-mail, sucks but kinda expected it. Own a lot of Benchmades, most from before their aggressive MAP enforcement BS a few years ago. With current pricing I just trade or buy used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom