• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I actually have a C&R and was plannng of doing just that.

The problem is, C&R does not trump local laws so it is my understanding that it would be a crime to purchase or receive a handgun not on that idiot roster. Am I wrong?

The roster only applies to handguns manufactured after 1985.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    If you happen to buy extra magazines for it and they don't work(locks the gun up to the point where you have a double feed, can't remove the magazine, and have to disassemble the firearm to get it cleared), I put a video on youtube on what causes the issue and how to remedy it. Bought several magazines from KEEPSHOOTING fpr my Dad's P64(which I'm going to buy) and they wouldn't work. The magazines from the older P64s will work in both the older and newer P64s, but the magazines from the newer P64s won't always work in the older ones. The feed lips? are longer on the newer mags and causes one round to stove pipe while the round in the magazine directly below it does a nose dive and locks it up tight.

ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    Thanks so much guys!

Not to drag us off topic but... It's a shame that when the general public thinks of "gun nuts" they don't realize what a nice, friendly group of people we actually are. Your kind responses, going above and beyond to help being evidence of that.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If you happen to buy extra magazines for it and they don't work(locks the gun up to the point where you have a double feed, can't remove the magazine, and have to disassemble the firearm to get it cleared), I put a video on youtube on what causes the issue and how to remedy it. Bought several magazines from KEEPSHOOTING fpr my Dad's P64(which I'm going to buy) and they wouldn't work. The magazines from the older P64s will work in both the older and newer P64s, but the magazines from the newer P64s won't always work in the older ones. The feed lips? are longer on the newer mags and causes one round to stove pipe while the round in the magazine directly below it does a nose dive and locks it up tight.

My non-manufacturing method to solve that problem is to load only five rounds in the mag instead of six. :D

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County

I can attest to this. My 1968 pistol had issues with the Keep Shooting mags until I followed his video and fixed them. Now they work great.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    May be common knowledge but in the case it is not, remember those p64's are not drop safe. When loaded, the hammer down and safety off, there is no firing pin block. So if dropped on hammer it will go off. There was also someone had a ND, hammer was snagged (or maybe was trigger?) pulled half way and snapped back forward discharging round in the chamber.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I can attest to this. My 1968 pistol had issues with the Keep Shooting mags until I followed his video and fixed them. Now they work great.

Linky please?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    May be common knowledge but in the case it is not, remember those p64's are not drop safe. When loaded, the hammer down and safety off, there is no firing pin block. So if dropped on hammer it will go off. There was also someone had a ND, hammer was snagged (or maybe was trigger?) pulled half way and snapped back forward discharging round in the chamber.

The P64 has a hammer block that rises when the safety is engaged, giving at least some measure of protection from NDs.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Yes when the safety is engaged, carried cocked and locked the block is present.

Some like to carry with hammer down safety off so first shot is DA then subsequent shots are SA.

Not as safe with this firearm as it is with modern firearms, hammer down on loaded chamber there is nothing stopping the firing pin.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Linky please?

I'm limited with my phone. Just look up "p64 magazine modification" and search for videos. It's the first one to come up. I fixed two magazines with my Dremel in about 20 minutes and they function great now. I used inert rounds to test cycling at home first before going to the range.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Looks like the common feed lip issue I had with my 1911a1
    The feed lips hold onto the bullet too long and does not let the bullet go soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom