• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I guess all the VA CCW's will have to carry revolvers - until shall-issue becomes G&S.

There is already precedent for G&S in the 4CA...

It seems like the same restrictions as DC, 10 round capacity on handguns.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Calls are going to voicemail when not busy. I have left messages at both numbers and will be sending email. I believe any elected official signing on to these bills needs to be charged with malfeasance. They are violating their Oath of Office. fred55

VCDL

Fellow Patriots,

If you are waiting on a politician to save your right to keep and bear arms, you have already lost.

As I type this, Bills are being introduced to GUT both the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article 13 of the Virginia State Constitution.

If your rights are worth five minutes, we need your help, TODAY.

Anti-Gun Radical Nut Senator Richard Saslaw (D-35) has introduced Senate Bills 12,16 and 18 that will:

Ban Private Gun Sales
    Ban scary looking Semi Automatic firearms
    Ban standard capacity magazines

You need to call Saslaw TODAY at 804-698-7535 and then again at 703-978-0200 and tell him he must withdraw Senate Bills 12, 16 and 18 immediately.

Then you must email him at district35@senate.virginia.gov and demand he withdraws his tyrannical anti-gun legislation.

Then please forward this email to all of your friends and family who support the 2nd Amendment and ask them to also sign Our Recall Governor Ralph Northam petition linked here.

Together we must stand united and refuse to allow Radical Ralph Northam and Senator Saslaw to strip away our God given rights.

So if the right to keep and bear arms is worth five minutes of your time, again you need to call Saslaw TODAY at 804-698-7535 and then again at 703-978-0200 and tell him he must withdraw Senate Bills 12, 16 and 18 immediately.

If every single freedom loving Virginian called, we could force Northam and Saslaw into doing nothing.

But this all depends on you.

If you do nothing, then be prepared to watch your God given rights be stripped away by the far left anti-gun nuts.

So call today.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Calls are going to voicemail when not busy. I have left messages at both numbers and will be sending email. I believe any elected official signing on to these bills needs to be charged with malfeasance. They are violating their Oath of Office. fred55

I agree with you 110% Who will charge them?

"Originally Posted by Glaron

If you are waiting on a politician to save your right to keep and bear arms, you have already lost."

I don't understand how calling a politician that wants to take your guns is going to change him from wanting to take your guns. That guy is clearly on the opposite side. I don't feel I can change his mind any more than he feels he can change my mind. I'm pretty steadfast in my beliefs at this point in my life and I'm guessing he is too.

I can't tell you the last time any of the letters and emails that people wrote came back saying something other than some generic BS about thanking you for writing in to talk about your feelings.

"You need to call Saslaw TODAY at 804-698-7535 and then again at 703-978-0200 and tell him he must withdraw Senate Bills 12, 16 and 18 immediately."

It is frustrating to me. It's like asking a bully not to take your lunch money. Just because you asked nice doesn't mean he is going to change what he does.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    well im going to my counties Supervisor meeting tonight. 2A sanctuary while we fight.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I spoke with my County Supervisor yesterday and I believe action will be forthcoming at the County Board meeting Dec. 10th. I will be at that meeting as well. It is frustrating. I have seen what transpired in MD and I'll be damned if I don't do all I can here. It is time these tyrannical democrats face the music. I'm trying to find out how malfeasance is initiated. fred55

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Just sent the following to Senator Richard Saslaw:

Senator Richard Saslaw,

I respectfully request that you immediately withdraw Senate Bills 12, 16, and 18. The Oath of Office you took states "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent upon me as .......... according to the best of my ability, (so help me God)." Both of those Constitutions, with the Bill of Rights, provides the “right to keep and bear arms” and “shall not be infringed.” Your actions violate this Oath of Office.

No sane individual wishes anyone to be the victim of violence. However, none of the actions in those bills will make anyone any safer. You are doing a disservice to the citizens of Virginia claiming these bills will make them safer. Governor Northam stated such this past summer. Additionally you will be making thousands of law (legal, constitutional law) abiding citizens felons through no action of their own. You are selling out Virginia’s citizens’ safety for most likely Bloomberg dollars.

If you really were concerned about citizens’ safety you would look at a comprehensive plan to address violence. This plan should start with cultivating a respect for fellow citizens, respect for rule of law, accepting responsibility for one’s actions, and the enforcement of existing laws. Additional segments would include containing drug related violence and mental health support. Of course this route would take real work, eliminate the quick “we passed laws” answer, and not result in Bloomberg dollars for your campaigns.

The citizens of this state are watching you and your fellow congressmen.

Sincerely,
    My name here
    Virginia resident and voter

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    fred55, great letter! i emailed a similar one.

but like randomuser, i don't see these calls and emails doing much. i mean they're easy enough to do, but surely saslaw, northam, etc know they're stepping on the USA and VA constitutions as well as a big part of their constituency and just don't care. they got voted in, in part for their antigun programs and now they feel empowered if not obligated to follow through.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I get it. I get what you are doing Fred55. i respect it. I don't think it changes anything, but I do respect your position and what you are attempting to do. I just get frustrated seeing how it plays out. Saslaw doesn't have your vote, You don't give him money, but your asking him to go against the majority (the people who voted him in who want what he is proposing) and your asking him to go against the bloomberg money that he gets. There is no incentive that I can see by having him change his stance based on what "our side" says.

Now in regards to malfeasance. I'd like to know more about that. If there was accountability for oath breakers. If there were, I'd be in favor of signing petitions for that.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Time to pack up the NRA Museum inventory and move it to another state lest they have VA State Police knocking on their doors should this abomination pass. I guarantee that's the first place they go after passage with democrat politicians in tow for a wonderful photo op. Lunacy. My grandfathers were union members and democrats. I'm glad they're not here to see the joke that their party has become. And a scary one at that.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    I wont say anything but that people in the past tried to warn us and we were told "What could go wrong" and n ow there are "groups" of people used as voting blocks that allow this to happen and those same groups of people are often the ones committing most of the gun crime. if that is racist so be it but facts are facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom