Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 19th, 2020, 07:49 PM #11

Thanks for all of the information, especially about Bel Air. I'm planning to go there soon to have my wife transfer her two handguns to me. She doesn't shoot anymore and doesn't want them anymore (can't hold them due to arm/wrist problems). I sure as heck won't let her sell them (and get about half of what we paid. Besides, I like the one). To make her happy (or shut her up about it), I'm going to give her the money I've been saving for a Rossi .357 Lever-action. That may come later, but I'm not too sure anymore after reading the posts on MS where people have had problems and the warranty wait times.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the info.
Oddway Otts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2020, 08:19 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddway Otts View Post
Thanks for all of the information, especially about Bel Air. I'm planning to go there soon to have my wife transfer her two handguns to me. She doesn't shoot anymore and doesn't want them anymore (can't hold them due to arm/wrist problems). I sure as heck won't let her sell them (and get about half of what we paid. Besides, I like the one). To make her happy (or shut her up about it), I'm going to give her the money I've been saving for a Rossi .357 Lever-action. That may come later, but I'm not too sure anymore after reading the posts on MS where people have had problems and the warranty wait times.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the info.
your wife can gift them to you without a trip to the barracks. I believe they forgo the 10$ fee as well
remodeler1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2020, 08:21 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from MD View Post
Glen Burnie barrack gets a lot of action and they are pretty well versed in how the process works. Some troopers will ask you to bring in the CASED gun in instead of going out to get it. The only time I have had to wait was when they were busy with repair notice inspections. Calling ahead is always worthwhile in case they are shorthanded that day.
Great experience with GB, have transferred three handguns there without any issue. Never called for an appointment, just showed up, of course leaving the firearm in the vehicle.
platoonDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues