• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    I want what is probably not possible. I want the "bang" to be muffled and still be able to hear range commands. I keep wanting the MSA Sordin muffs thinking they will do that, but I'm not spending $250-$290 to find out I they won't do that.

I use the Scout Howard Leight's. 26-db muffs.

They are slim and don't interfere w/ cheek weld but can be uncomfortable over >3 hr wearing times. I wish they had a bit more padding but I suppose the slimline intent negates this. I can usually hear critters way before I see them so I can start scanning once alerted to twig snap or deer fart. :)

On the range, put in ear plugs plugs the muffs , crank the volume to the max and you can hear range commands and get - 32db noise suppression.

YMMV

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Does one side have another ring that controls the Bluetooth if you got that version?

Q

I paired it with the phone but haven’t used it so not sure which one or if both control BT volume. Frankly I don’t get much reception at the range so don’t really need it but maybe I’ll play music? I really got it just to see how/if it worked and because it was a smidge more sound suppression at -27dB.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    I used the Walker wrap around neck ear buds today and was far from impressed. The batteries only lasted 3 hrs after being fully charged and they seemed to cut out a lot. With that being said the plugs did block sound well. I'm hoping next time the battery last longer and will double check the manual to see if there is anything I did wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom