• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    “Panic buyers” is descriptive and has nothing to do with anything else. More stifling counterproductive political correctness...

Really? To me it’s counterproductive to shame anyone arming themselves in this day and age. I’m guessing some of the senior members on here feel as if you own the copyrights to the 2nd amendment, that’s “descriptive”

Anyhow good luck with the future AR build, post pics, post your opinion!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Really? To me it’s counterproductive to shame anyone arming themselves in this day and age. I’m guessing some of the senior members on here feel as if you own the copyrights to the 2nd amendment, that’s “descriptive”

You have to wonder, though, how many of the panic buyers have really changed their opinion on the Second Amendment. I'd bet most of the anti-gunners buying guns are still not in favor of YOU owning an AR-15 or carrying a gun for self-defense.

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    You have to wonder, though, how many of the panic buyers have really changed their opinion on the Second Amendment. I'd bet most of the anti-gunners buying guns are still not in favor of YOU owning an AR-15 or carrying a gun for self-defense.

I personally think you would be incorrect, MANY of my friends who have recently purchased firearms are now flowing over to the conservative side. They weren’t liberal mind you but they never felt the need for their 2A rights up until the past few months. Just because I’m new here doesn’t mean I’m new to firearms, owning them or qualifying with them.
    I go visiting all the local gun stores with my friends here lately and if you’ve been out to one the main topic is protecting yourself and your rights to own a firearm.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    SUGGEST YOU REQUEST THE MEMBERS DIRECT YOU TO A KNOWN, TRUSTWORTHY LGS (local gun shop) in your area and if they don’t have what will suit your needs perhaps they can order for you and transfer it according to MD and federal law.

You can spend several days getting accurate information here or, you can walk into a well reputed gun shop (recommended by members here) and get all the info you need in less than 1/2 hour, straight from the federally licensed shop owner’s mouth. Then you can proceed from there. (Judging only from their website it appears Black Anchor Armory fits the bill; however; I am aware of the distance between Balt City and Denton MD. Shame, that.)

I can say first hand Mike at Black Anchor will definitely give you accurate information regarding our stupid laws and will answer any questions you may have.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I personally think you would be incorrect, MANY of my friends who have recently purchased firearms are now flowing over to the conservative side. They weren’t liberal mind you but they never felt the need for their 2A rights up until the past few months. Just because I’m new here doesn’t mean I’m new to firearms, owning them or qualifying with them.
    I go visiting all the local gun stores with my friends here lately and if you’ve been out to one the main topic is protecting yourself and your rights to own a firearm.
    I'm glad to hear of your experience.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019

They still aren't nor will they ever really be "conservatives." What ever "conservative" means.

They're just scared liberals, and at this point it's willful ignorance to believe that liberals won't contract any ideal or shoot any sacred cow at the expediency of the moment for themselves but demand anyone and everyone they don't like to be keel-hauled for the exact same things that they do.

The rallying cry of the leftist: "but it's different when we do it!"

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Rules for thee and not for me, a staple of the Left

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's very reassuring.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

Reread the post. I wasn’t shaming anyone for buying firearms, even in a panic or ‘concerning’ circumstance. I was commenting on the poster referencing, more accurately demonizing, the term ‘panic buyer’.

Personally, I would like to see every household with a safe full of legally owned and frequently used guns.

Last edited:

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    They still aren't nor will they ever really be "conservatives." What ever "conservative" means.

They're just scared liberals, and at this point it's willful ignorance to believe that liberals won't contract any ideal or shoot any sacred cow at the expediency of the moment for themselves but demand anyone and everyone they don't like to be keel-hauled for the exact same things that they do.

The rallying cry of the leftist: "but it's different when we do it!"

Just because they weren’t pro gun a year ago doesn’t mean they’re liberal????? You senior member pro gun dudes trip me out, like y’all got all the rights to own one and don’t want to share it or encourage it? Wtf you here for?
    Again this is way off topic, hopefully this build goes good, I’d like see pics.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You aren't getting it.

What people are saying is that just someone has purchased a firearm due to COVID or the protests does not mean they will support the 2nd.

THEY will have the attitude, I have mine, I don't care if you can buy one. Or I have one, and that is enough, and no one should have more than that.

IMO, some of the people will wake up and smell the burnt powder and finally see why the 2nd is so important. But IMO, most will NOT.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just because they weren’t pro gun a year ago doesn’t mean they’re liberal????? You senior member pro gun dudes trip me out, like y’all got all the rights to own one and don’t want to share it or encourage it? Wtf you here for?
    Again this is way off topic, hopefully this build goes good, I’d like see pics.

WTF are you even talking about? There are MANY of us who have spent years in Annapolis fighting for everyone's rights. Anyone here with the attitude of "I got mine" would be laughed off the board. Me thinks you aren't a new guy and have a chip on your shoulder from the last go-round.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You aren't getting it.

What people are saying is that just someone has purchased a firearm due to COVID or the protests does not mean they will support the 2nd.

THEY will have the attitude, I have mine, I don't care if you can buy one. Or I have one, and that is enough, and no one should have more than that.

IMO, some of the people will wake up and smell the burnt powder and finally see why the 2nd is so important. But IMO, most will NOT.

You aren't getting it.

This is a good response.

I have many “friends” which fit the description that @Choppin described. I too am glad to help them acquire the fire arms they desire. Several have actually asked me to sell them some of mine! It’s a great opportunity to explain how restrictive the situation is in MD and how they have helped cause the current situation by supporting (or ignoring) our current state legislators.

Some longtime liberals are waking up. They have lived in the belief that democrats are the party that promotes freedom for all through fairness initiatives, wealth distribution and education. As long as money keeps flowing into their chosen school districts they are generally satisfied. They see that situation changing quickly.

Their new found awareness that just because they supported liberal policies in the past doesn’t mean that further left leaning politicians will support them in the future. By support they understand this extends indirectly to “protect” them. This is the main fear driver and this is the reason they want to be armed.

So I try real hard to make sure they acknowledge WHY they feel fear, and WHY they desire to take matters into their own hands. Many are really really afraid of the violence they see on the news AND the prospect of owning a gun. They think a pistol is a good choice but soon learn that they cannot go out and just buy one. Often the discussions turns to “How about a good ole shot gun”. Then we discuss it’s benefits and weaknesses.
    This has led into discussions as to why an AR15 may be the best weapon to own if you only had one gun.

We’ve talked about why you would want to have 1000 rounds of ammo. It surprises and shocks them. I’ll start off by saying “how many golf balls is a reasonable quantity to own?” Once you explain how important practice is (this resonates well with educated democrats) they begun to see why 1000 rounds of ammo is really not much at all.

Now is the time to try and break through to those who have never before wanted to own guns. I encourage everyone on this forum look for appropriate opportunities.

Some will learn, some may not. Like the Movie World War Z , any person who is saved from becoming a Zombie is just one less person to fight against.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    With the real world being 30% left, 30% right and 40% in the middle, what we really need is to convert the middle, not the left. I don't think the majority of noobs are converting from the far left, they are middle of the roaders that are finding the ruts on the left don't suit them.

The "lefties are changing over" idea is as uncommon as Civil War brother against brother in Connecticut or Mississippi

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    This is a good response.

I have many “friends” which fit the description that @Choppin described. I too am glad to help them acquire the fire arms they desire. Several have actually asked me to sell them some of mine! It’s a great opportunity to explain how restrictive the situation is in MD and how they have helped cause the current situation by supporting (or ignoring) our current state legislators.

Some longtime liberals are waking up. They have lived in the belief that democrats are the party that promotes freedom for all through fairness initiatives, wealth distribution and education. As long as money keeps flowing into their chosen school districts they are generally satisfied. They see that situation changing quickly.

Their new found awareness that just because they supported liberal policies in the past doesn’t mean that further left leaning politicians will support them in the future. By support they understand this extends indirectly to “protect” them. This is the main fear driver and this is the reason they want to be armed.

So I try real hard to make sure they acknowledge WHY they feel fear, and WHY they desire to take matters into their own hands. Many are really really afraid of the violence they see on the news AND the prospect of owning a gun. They think a pistol is a good choice but soon learn that they cannot go out and just buy one. Often the discussions turns to “How about a good ole shot gun”. Then we discuss it’s benefits and weaknesses.
    This has led into discussions as to why an AR15 may be the best weapon to own if you only had one gun.

We’ve talked about why you would want to have 1000 rounds of ammo. It surprises and shocks them. I’ll start off by saying “how many golf balls is a reasonable quantity to own?” Once you explain how important practice is (this resonates well with educated democrats) they begun to see why 1000 rounds of ammo is really not much at all.

Now is the time to try and break through to those who have never before wanted to own guns. I encourage everyone on this forum look for appropriate opportunities.

Some will learn, some may not. Like the Movie World War Z , any person who is saved from becoming a Zombie is just one less person to fight against.

I thought you nailed it

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    You aren't getting it.

And again that’s not the case here, In my personal experience (maybe not yours) more folks I know are getting involved. This entire this is eye opening and that’s a good thing.

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    WTF are you even talking about? There are MANY of us who have spent years in Annapolis fighting for everyone's rights. Anyone here with the attitude of "I got mine" would be laughed off the board. Me thinks you aren't a new guy and have a chip on your shoulder from the last go-round.

Absolute new guy
    Reading for years, owned a few firearms for years. Anyone who trolls message boards rather than gets educated isn’t worthy of the board.
    Certainly not here to troll but I’ll call bullshixzle when I see it.

Again we’re way off topic, post up a meet and greet and tag me, I’d be more than happy to come have a conversation with anyone here who wants to troll.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Absolute new guy
    Reading for years, owned a few firearms for years. Anyone who trolls message boards rather than gets educated isn’t worthy of the board.
    Certainly not here to troll but I’ll call bullshixzle when I see it.

Again we’re way off topic, post up a meet and greet and tag me, I’d be more than happy to come have a conversation with anyone here who wants to troll.

Many of us know each other. There will be an upcoming gathering in Sept/Oct. Lots of good people here. Even those of us who go at each other’s throats sometimes will sit, break bread, and laugh about it.

Link to the meet-up.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=246281

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom