• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You answer my question first, would MD be better off with Gov take your pick from the D side?

I have no pic from the dem side

But I thought I was clear, with hogan doing as directed by the dems I don’t see any difference possible unless hogan starts acting like a republican

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I don't know. What are you doing to resist? Are you writing letters? Written or oral testimony? Calling your delegates? Contributing to good candidates? Working on their campaigns?

If you are withholding your vote because Hogan isn't perfect, yes, it's partially your fault.

I do all the above, also I have testified in Annapolis and I regularly visit my reps, state and federal, hell steny won’t answer my email or take my calls nor see me when I go by there anymore.

But I don’t vote for dems ever or republicans who sign anti gun legislation.

Like said back a few posts, I have morals and principles. Maybe hogan should try getting some of them.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    It doesn't matter if we're better off or not with a D governor. That's not the point. The point is Hogan actively participating in taking our rights away means he doesn't deserve my vote and he won't get it. With a D governor, you get what you expect, not stabbed in the back by the guy you voted for. FSA 2013 and gun ban allowed to stand by the courts. Gun rights here are gone.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So *If* the MGA doesn't like the Gov's ReDistricting plan , they just have to vote No , and they get to do it instead ? Not the Gov take another shot at tweaking the Plan ?

What's the required margin ? Simple majority ? Somthing higher to pass ?

Am I missing somthing , or is best case scenario require 51% Repub in MGA to actually change the Districting .

Am I missing somthing , or is a Gov who is significantly outnumbered by the Legislature, totally meaningless in ReDistricting ?

So if Hogan’s re-elected the legislature still says yes or no to redistricting ? And since Hogan has no power to stop the legislature from doing anything we are to believe if hogan gets re-elected somehow they will let him redistric unabated to save our children and grandchildren? Um, ok.

Central md needs to elect some republicans. That’s what needs to happen. Apparently placing any hope in Hogan is misguided, flipping the central md reps seems the only chance md had.

May I refer both of you to Article III, Section 5 of the Maryland State Constitution:

Maryland State Constitution said:
    SEC. 5. Following each decennial census of the United States and after public hearings, the Governor shall prepare a plan setting forth the boundaries of the legislative districts for electing of the members of the Senate and the House of Delegates.

The Governor shall present the plan to the President of the Senate and Speaker of the House of Delegates who shall introduce the Governor's plan as a joint resolution to the General Assembly, not later than the first day of its regular session in the second year following every census, and the Governor may call a special session for the presentation of his plan prior to the regular session. The plan shall conform to Sections 2, 3 and 4 of this Article. Following each decennial census the General Assembly may by joint resolution adopt a plan setting forth the boundaries of the legislative districts for the election of members of the Senate and the House of Delegates, which plan shall conform to Sections 2, 3 and 4 of this Article. If a plan has been adopted by the General Assembly by the 45th day after the opening of the regular session of the General Assembly in the second year following every census, the plan adopted by the General Assembly shall become law. If no plan has been adopted by the General Assembly for these purposes by the 45th day after the opening of the regular session of the General Assembly in the second year following every census, the Governor's plan presented to the General Assembly shall become law.

Upon petition of any registered voter, the Court of Appeals shall have original jurisdiction to review the legislative districting of the State and may grant appropriate relief, if it finds that the districting of the State is not consistent with requirements of either the Constitution of the United States of America, or the Constitution of Maryland (amended by Chapter 226, Acts of 1949, ratified Nov. 7, 1950; Chapter 99, Acts of 1956, ratified Nov. 6, 1956; Chapter 785, Acts of 1969, ratified Nov. 3, 1970; Chapter 363, Acts of 1972, ratified Nov. 7, 1972; Chapter 681, Acts of 1977, ratified Nov. 7, 1978).

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    May I refer both of you to Article III, Section 5 of the Maryland State Constitution:

I don’t speak legal but it seems to say the gov presents his, the mga chooses his or theirs or if 45 days goes by after the first day of the second year after the census the jobs goes into law.

So the mga chooses? Correct?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Maryland is a lost cause. We're trying to fight a tyrannical, over reaching state govt with the 1st Amendment. How's that working out for us so far? They're draining our time, money, and resources and we've gained nothing. At what point will people realize this? Maryland will NEVER be a pro gun state and Maryland will NEVER return any 2A rights to the citizens. Fighting for 2A rights in Maryland is like trying to fill a colander up by pissing in it during a windstorm...you may get a little piss in it, but you're going to get more on yourself and the damn thing will never fill up. I'll wait again for someone to tell me to step aside if I don't want to fight. I'm doing what I can while I'm here, but I KNOW that its POINTLESS.

Can I ask a simple question, and p[lease do not take this as being argumentative, but people said the same thing about Illinois, can you explain those changes??

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Shall issue

That happened because of a court case. That battle is over here until the makeup of the 4th circuit changes.

Nothing changed in the IL legislature and the governor (Republican) is currently weighing signing a vicious anti-FFL bill.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So again with the “ if your not coming to PP events your not helping” bs.

Some folks like myself work 5-10’s , have second jobs and take I take care of my dad, who lives an hour farther south than I do, with oldtimers and I live 2 hours away. Every vacation day I have plus about 5 years advanced me I have used taking the old man to the dr and hospital because he also had agent orange caused cancer most every where.

So quit telling folks if you don’t come to PP events your not helping. It’s not so.everyone helps how they can. The PP is great but everyone can’t make it. It’s as simple as that.

Hogan has done nothing for the 2a, that’s his fault not ours. Now instead of using redistritricing as the only carrot dangling in front of us we hear he doesn’t get the last say on that. Shit, what’s the next carrot gonna be cause I don’t like the rotten one where the MGA rolls over and give the thumbs up to Hogan’s redistricting plan.

But again if hogan comes out and says publicly he’s pro constitution and pro 2a and vetos any and all anti gun bills I will vote for him, that seems plenty easy enough.

I'm not a fan of "if you don't show up, you aren't doing anything" frame of mind, I'm more of a "I don't care what you do, just do something" kind of person.

I haven't searched any of your 4800+ posts, but I am guessing you have stated what you have done in the past. My question is, are you planning to continue to do those things you have done in the past, and help us, as a community, fight for our rights?

Also, what other ideas do you have with regards to doing something different?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    >Governor supports bump stock ban
    >Signals he'll sign other anti-gun bills

"I voted Republican so at least I don't have to submit my fingerprints when I renew my handgun permit and saved a dollar on the toll."

Attachments

• IMG_20180304_173224.jpg
      IMG_20180304_173224.jpg
      45.9 KB · Views: 132

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I don’t speak legal but it seems to say the gov presents his, the mga chooses his or theirs or if 45 days goes by after the first day of the second year after the census the jobs goes into law.

So the mga chooses? Correct?

1. The Governor shall present a plan to the President and Speaker by the 1st day of the 2022 session. The plan is introduced as a joint resolution.

2. The Legislature can approve the Governor's plan if the so choose.

3. The Legislature has until the 45th day of the 2022 legislative session to approve their own plan.

4. If the Legislature does not approve their plan by the 45th day of the 2022 Legislative session, then the Governor's plan becomes law.

So, yes, the MGA does indeed choose (either by action or inaction), but it will be interesting to see what they come up with in opposition to what the Governor submits.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The fact that Illinois is moving more in the 2A friendly direction than Maryland.

With the bills the IL legislature is currently considering? I've heard they're looking at a 10 round mag limit and a whole host of other bad stuff well beyond the FFl bill that's currently up for signature. That IL's legislature is as controlled by D's as MD's, so what they want, they get.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I'm not a fan of "if you don't show up, you aren't doing anything" frame of mind, I'm more of a "I don't care what you do, just do something" kind of person.

I haven't searched any of your 4800+ posts, but I am guessing you have stated what you have done in the past. My question is, are you planning to continue to do those things you have done in the past, and help us, as a community, fight for our rights?

Also, what other ideas do you have with regards to doing something different?

Other than donating to hogan , which at this time in my mind he doesn’t deserve, and coming to Annapolis for the foreseeable future, because my dad now not only has cancer every time I turn around he has oldtimers and it takes any extra time I have, I do everything I have always done. Write, email, call, visit, send written testimony,etc, so yes I still fight.

I have doubts sometimes if it helps, and I have been told my politics don’t suit some here including msi so that adds doubt. If msi doesn’t want the far right, and those here, not all but some, don’t like hunters or the truly redneck kind then what we are trying to do won’t work.

What I think needs to be done is do everything to get all gun owners together, somehow.

Push those in central md to elect republicans, not hogan type republicans either. Push hard.

Ask more of our republicans in the mga, somehow push them to get some backbone, I get tired of them telling me they don’t push because it’s hard, it’s a waste of time, they don’t know how or they don’t want to waste political capital

Quit buying stuff from antis as much as possible and tell them why. Just quit dealing with them, working with them

Make all politicians do what they are sent up there to do.

Rebel. Speak up and out every chance we get everywhere you go and to whomever you talk to, be vocal, quit hiding being pro 2a

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Don’t worry, Hogan will do something Pro 2nd amendment first day off his second term! You just need to be patient! Didn’t everyone see how he was so upset and disturbed about 2 of the Patriot Picket guys getting arrested in his front yard? It was all over his FB posts and on the news!..... yeah me neither.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom