• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    As a stock holder, I am pissed. The stock has really tanked over the last year or so.

Wonder if I can file suit for fiscal malfeasance?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Firearms can be dangerous. I would hate for one of their unknowledgeable employees to be accidentally hurt during the destruction of those EBRs. As firearm experts, I think we should all volunteer for Dick's to transfer those firearms to us so we can safely get rid of them properly. :innocent0 ;)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Another article on this story has a quote from the CEO of DSG ...

http://www.wivb.com/news/national/d...ng-all-unsold-assault-style-rifles/1126015885

Nickolas Cruz, the gunman who killed 17 people in Florida, mostly students, had purchased a shotgun at a Dick's store in November 2017, Stack said.

"It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting," Chairman and CEO Edward Stack wrote. "But it could have been. Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens."

Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. is based in Pittsburgh in a state where the first day of deer hunting season is an unofficial holiday for some families.

Wonder what additional "systems" he has in mind.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Here's the fiscal idiocracy of his decision. If Dicks would have just sent them back to the distributor, then Dicks would have only lost a little $$ on the return and then the distributor would have to ship them to someone else to sell before they made the profit to justify getting more from the manufacturer(s) to replace. By destroying them, Dicks is out all the cash, the distributor makes full sale and then replaces their stock to sell to someone else.

Dicks is the new incarnation of the Sports Authority model and will likely be bankrupt in 3-5 years. I know they will not see another dime of my money.

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Up until the recent Dick's developments, The Field and Stream outfitter store in Charlottesville Va USED TO be a well stocked and viable contender for the area Bass and Cabela's retailers ("used to" being the key word).

I can't imagine these Dicks stores being able to keep their doors open for very long. A true firearms, ammo, and "outdoors" outfitter cannot segregate and ignore a whole (major) segment of the market and remain viable.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    They just opened two stores, one in Waco TX and one in Little Rock.

No guns in these stores. :sad20: sales wont be good.

Not to stat an argument but Modell's has been around a while only doing the typical sports related items. Dicks still does Fudd stuff, camping, sport stuff, golf stuff. The only way they really tank is if they mismanage as bad as Sports Authority did. Their main competition for their sporting goods stuff is local chains, Wal-Mart, and mom and pop stores. I really do not think that most of their revenue is off firearm related stuff because most of their firearm guys are boobs that barely know more than my 6 year old daughter. I have been muzzle swept by their "salespeople" shopping for this or that in their hunting section.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The Hunt Valley lodge has some good people in there. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Hate to see them lose their jobs because sales die.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    The really stupid thing is thinking that urban liberals are going to replace all of the sales from the outdoorsy types who will now never shop there again. Who are the people buying fishing, camping, and hiking equipment? Certainly not the limp wristed pansies who live in NYC or SF and eat seitan meatload while sipping on their soy milk latte.

kyserthehun

Jul 24, 2016
    I can't see how this decision makes any financial sense. Shouldn't the board be telling the CEO to STFU? Are the golfers/soccer kids going to keep them in business?

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Not to stat an argument but Modell's has been around a while only doing the typical sports related items. Dicks still does Fudd stuff, camping, sport stuff, golf stuff. The only way they really tank is if they mismanage as bad as Sports Authority did. Their main competition for their sporting goods stuff is local chains, Wal-Mart, and mom and pop stores. I really do not think that most of their revenue is off firearm related stuff because most of their firearm guys are boobs that barely know more than my 6 year old daughter. I have been muzzle swept by their "salespeople" shopping for this or that in their hunting section.

I used to shop st SA then they stopped selling guns so I stopped going. Seems like Dick's has taken a step in the same direction. There's no making the libs happy. I bet they start slowly moving away from outdoor stuff and concentrating on overpriced clothing and accessories just like SA. They'll wind up like the Brits - no pointy knives allowed. Then they'll go under because dull knives are just no fun.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The really stupid thing is thinking that urban liberals are going to replace all of the sales from the outdoorsy types who will now never shop there again. Who are the people buying fishing, camping, and hiking equipment? Certainly not the limp wristed pansies who live in NYC or SF and eat seitan meatload while sipping on their soy milk latte.

They'll just switch to REI, which has never sold firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom