• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 18wheeler

Mar 16, 2019
    Perryville
    Anything Toolcraft. I have the nitride version and love it. If I had to do it again I’d get the NiB or DLC one but I have no complaints. Got it off Arm or Ally for $79 shipped.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    The responses are getting absurd.

And still no one can tell what is wrong with it. It looks like I am the only on here who has shot one for more than a thousand rounds, I get it,,, it is not a DI gun, it is not traditional, it is not a Colt, it is not light enough, it is not what you want. But it has not failed me once and yet... all you do is talk.

sergeysakharov47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2019
    Dude just shoot your gun and have fun! Those guys are so entrenched in their puritan ways, they'll talk crap about your gun because it is not what the AR was intended to be.

Just remember why you bought that BCG and what made you like it, then ask yourself.. does it do what you thought it would do? And if the answer is yes, then SHOOT the f#%&*R until it dies!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    And still no one can tell what is wrong with it. It looks like I am the only on here who has shot one for more than a thousand rounds, I get it,,, it is not a DI gun, it is not traditional, it is not a Colt, it is not light enough, it is not what you want. But it has not failed me once and yet... all you do is talk.

I don't just talk. This subject is something I have dedicated my life to.

General Gunsmith for 13 years, Technical AR Instructor for 4. I have Serviced over 11,000 AR's in my career as both. I teach Technical Courses about the subject you are attempting to debate me over. Firearm Manufacturers and Dealers buy Gauges from me and attend my Technical Courses . I have tools and gauges that examine every facet of the AR that many manufacters don't own or use.

Of those 11K AR's I have Serviced about a thousand of them were Gas Piston AR's. I even have the tooling to tear down and assemble HK416's and 417's along with ADCOR's. My former employer was an ADCOR Dealer.

My testing procedures I have developed have been perfected to the point that I can gauge a gun and tell you if it will fire without live firing it.

So what is your experience?

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I don't just talk. This subject is something I have dedicated my life to.

General Gunsmith for 13 years, Technical AR Instructor for 4. I have Serviced over 11,000 AR's in my career as both. I teach Technical Courses about the subject you are attempting to debate me over. Firearm Manufacturers and Dealers buy Gauges from me and attend my Technical Courses . I have tools and gauges that examine every facet of the AR that many manufacters don't own or use.

Of those 11K AR's I have Serviced about a thousand of them were Gas Piston AR's. I even have the tooling to tear down and assemble HK416's and 417's along with ADCOR's. My former employer was an ADCOR Dealer.

My testing procedures I have developed have been perfected to the point that I can gauge a gun and tell you if it will fire without live firing it.

So what is your experience?

That is all great... and you still can’t tell my what is wrong with my gun... All you do is laugh at it and bring no back up . You haven’t told me if you have shot it. You have not told me how it breaks, or why it breaks. You haven’t told me anything but how much experience you have and that is a sign that you have no experience with my Adcor. All I know is that my gun goes bang when I pull the trigger, it has gone bang for a long time. It runs clean and it does what my other DI gun does. So are we going to have a substantive dialog, where you tell me what is wrong with my gun, and what you have fixed so I can understand or are you just going to post stuff like “that right there is funny”. I paid a lot of money for that BCG and when I am done shooting all I do is put air on it some lube and it is ready for the next round. So unless you some real data you can share with that tells me that my BCG is gonna fail and why, I just prefer you stick to your guns and your gauges.

sergeysakharov47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2019
    JRHZN --- I think you better go buy the standard BGC, you'll have more friends here because anything different is a sin. I will say, that that dust cover seems a bit gimmicky and cheap, but I can't find anything negative on it... Shoot away!!!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That is all great... and you still can’t tell my what is wrong with my gun... All you do is laugh at it and bring no back up . You haven’t told me if you have shot it. You have not told me how it breaks, or why it breaks. You haven’t told me anything but how much experience you have and that is a sign that you have no experience with my Adcor. All I know is that my gun goes bang when I pull the trigger, it has gone bang for a long time. It runs clean and it does what my other DI gun does. So are we going to have a substantive dialog, where you tell me what is wrong with my gun, and what you have fixed so I can understand or are you just going to post stuff like “that right there is funny”. I paid a lot of money for that BCG and when I am done shooting all I do is put air on it some lube and it is ready for the next round. So unless you some real data you can share with that tells me that my BCG is gonna fail and why, I just prefer you stick to your guns and your gauges.

I can't speak about your gun, but I have worked on many.

-The charging handle assemblies are a weak point.
    The charging handles lock up or break.

-They exhibit Carrier Tilt which tears up receiver extensions.

-Many have Feed Ramp geometry issues

-Some have two Gas Ports because they thought that wasn't a problem to re-use D.I. AR Barrels. Their Gas Ports are also unnecessarily large.

-They have short throats (Not true 5.56) and blow primers when a suppressor is attached.

-Castle Nuts loosening

-Short Headspace Issues and Bolt Breakage (Released to Gassing, Throat, and Headspace

-Firing Pin Protrusion Issues

-Spring Issues (Action, Ejector, Extractor?

-Their Lower Receivers have tolerance issues in the Magwells and FCG Pocket which leads to pins walking and magazines not working.

Those are all off the top of my head.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    -The charging handle assemblies are a weak point.
    The charging handles lock up or break.

Front or rear? Only issue I have had is with the front charger where the slap of the handle against rail scarred the paint. Never an issue with the rear handle.

-They exhibit Carrier Tilt which tears up receiver extensions.

I see no wear on the BCG or the tube. I run a JP Gen 2 silent spring and maybe that is why I dont have a carrier tilt issue.

-Many have Feed Ramp geometry issues

Not aware of that, I thought adcor use FN machine gun barrels with their feedramps? What behavior is exhibited when there is a geometry issue?

-Some have two Gas Ports because they thought that wasn't a problem to re-use D.I. AR Barrels. Their Gas Ports are also unnecessarily large.

They are large and heavy for sure but it works.

-They have short throats (Not true 5.56) and blow primers when a suppressor is attached.

Hmmm I am not smart enough on this but would FN then also have that problem?

-Castle Nuts loosening

Mine is staked and hasn't loosened.

-Short Headspace Issues and Bolt Breakage (Released to Gassing, Throat, and Headspace

I would know if the bolt broke, the rest I have no idea how I could tell. But I could buy some gauges from you I am sure :)

-Firing Pin Protrusion Issues

On their Gen 1 or their Gen 2? I have the gen 2 and I see no issues. Ill take a measurement tonight though.

-Spring Issues (Action, Ejector, Extractor?

All works fine, I did have an ejector issue on my Noveske, was replaced.

-Their Lower Receivers have tolerance issues in the Magwells and FCG Pocket which leads to pins walking and magazines not working.

interesting --- on their forged or billet? I know they made thousands of uppers for Colt, in fact they produced 1000 uppers per day for Colt... I also know that in early 2010, Adcor sent the ADCOR A-556 rifle for a 6000 round torture test \ to H.P. White Laboratory and there wasn't an issue. What they do is more then I will ever do at a day at the range :)

Those are all off the top of my head.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

EDIT: Do you do the warranty repair for Adcor? I am asking because they have a lifetime warranty and thought they'd do repairs in house.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Clandestine: took some pictures of the inside. Quick math says 10 range trips per year, shoot about 150 rounds per trip. I run 62grain greentips and gas plug is set to 2 out of 4. Had the Adcor for about five years so let's say it's had between 6k and 7k rounds through it. Also recently I replaced the trigger. Nothing was wrong but this was a good deal and couldn't resist.

Attachments

• 2F371257-10AE-4551-AC4D-FD0CD4517597.jpg
      2F371257-10AE-4551-AC4D-FD0CD4517597.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 181
    • 6507440F-3740-4A83-ADCA-95F566C24D08.jpg
      6507440F-3740-4A83-ADCA-95F566C24D08.jpg
      29.1 KB · Views: 181
    • 80E965BA-0DE6-4812-936C-3A5D4BE561DC.jpg
      80E965BA-0DE6-4812-936C-3A5D4BE561DC.jpg
      29.9 KB · Views: 179
    • 13344BC4-666B-4536-8062-4695B4A0C095.jpg
      13344BC4-666B-4536-8062-4695B4A0C095.jpg