• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I will never pay almost 3000 for a SCAR lol I have shot one and it really was not that great or worth 3 grand to me

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I was shooting there and the SIG 556 swat that my buddy wanted was there so i was window shopping lol there prices are crazy except that Sig was 1200 and change

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Yea I've wanted a SIG rifle and possibly handgun but if I do get them I am only getting ones made in Switzerland/Germany. I'd only get a SIG 556 if the price was really, really cheap.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thread from the dead i know.., but I was seeing who else has a v93 as I just won a auction for one the other day , my buddy recently bought a C93 and the bolt gap is not good, he is working on it and might hve to send it to gilliebear on the HK forum. since I just won the auction, I might see the V93 around Christmas.:rolleyes:

Here is the V93 I won on the auction.

pix446017561.jpg

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    Gilliebear on the HK forum built my G3 clone on a PTR receiver and did an outstanding job. He knows his way around any HK in his sleep. He knows exactly how to fix the headspace issue on the Century C93s, I think that it involves replacing the barrel pin.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Even if everything "looks right", be very careful of the CAI builds. My Yugo AK underfolder "looked"fine, but when i actually took it out and shot it, it shot ~24 minutes to the right... you couldn't drift the front sight out enough to compensate! I ended up shipping it (and my targets) back to Century... To their credit, they made it right, but it was definitely a hassle.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    At least the telescoping stock versions will still be legal after 10/1. That's right. The AW list specifically mentions the A2 version which has the fixed stock but doesn't say anything about the A3 version which has the telescoping stock.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I have two H&K 93 rifles in my store now. One with a fixed stock and one with a collapsing stock.

The shorty has a H&K 33 MG barrel on it.

NFS, but you are welcome to play with em.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    I saw a post where someone had put a wooden stock on their HK93 but I can't find it. I've done every search I can think of but I can't find it.

It was a stock from another type of rifle, and was a real beauty.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    lots of hate for century on this thread. Century does what somehow HK cannot, they make thier rifles affordable. I have several Century rifles, and I am a fan. The G3 clone I have works flawlessly. It won't give you a magical Bl#wjob, but it will shoot .308 on target all day long. I bounced a rollaround oil heater all over the range at DSC's 250 mark.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    lots of hate for century on this thread. Century does what somehow HK cannot, they make thier rifles affordable. I have several Century rifles, and I am a fan. The G3 clone I have works flawlessly. It won't give you a magical Bl#wjob, but it will shoot .308 on target all day long. I bounced a rollaround oil heater all over the range at DSC's 250 mark.

I have a century L1A1 and my brother can shoot 1 inch groups. No me however. It has worked well for me.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I saw a post where someone had put a wooden stock on their HK93 but I can't find it. I've done every search I can think of but I can't find it.

hkparts.net has them. AFAIK, The buttstock of a 91 & 93 are the same. The front metal cap part is different but the stock bit is interchangeable. The foreends are different lengths if you're looking to completely change the furniture. I have a PTR91 16" carbine that (I think) uses a std 93 foreend since they are the same barrel length. The regular G3/91 foreends are for 18"+ barrels and are longer. I dont know if a wood foreend for a 93 exists (I've never looked.) No idea how hard it is to chop a wood 91 fore end to fit either. I don't have any to compare.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    hkparts.net has them. AFAIK, The buttstock of a 91 & 93 are the same. The front metal cap part is different but the stock bit is interchangeable. The foreends are different lengths if you're looking to completely change the furniture. I have a PTR91 16" carbine that (I think) uses a std 93 foreend since they are the same barrel length. The regular G3/91 foreends are for 18"+ barrels and are longer. I dont know if a wood foreend for a 93 exists (I've never looked.) No idea how hard it is to chop a wood 91 fore end to fit either. I don't have any to compare.

Thanks Smdub. I'm hoping that the guys who posted on the original thread will see this thread and attach a link. The stock one of the guys had on his 93 wasn't from a 93 or a 91. It was from another German rifle but I can't remember which one.
    It was a beauty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly

They also cannot make a quality rifle at all. There is a reason Century's are affordable. It's because they use substandard parts and have barely any quality control. They also have the worst if not most sketchy warranty policy. Your warranty of the gun you bought only covers a year the time it leaves the factory not when you buy it like normal gun companies do. Therefore that Century gun in that gun store could have been sitting there for over a year and if something is wrong with it too bad so sad.

If anything you are the exception not the rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom