• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Not sure I could do their bidding, my hat is off to those who can turn off their morals 8 hours a day.

Can one request to go right to OAH?

Strongly doubt it. I don't even know if you could file direct to Circuit Court. Judges really are not big on taking on cases w/o the proper chain of command, and the other side could argue that as well. I've seen judges dismiss cases w/o prejudice telling the plaintiff to file at agency first if that is standard protocol.

If you file complaint with HPRB and they get some assurance you won't show, maybe they could schedule the case ASAP and Sustain MSP in less than a minute when you fail to appear. Now you can file at OAH? Not sure if failing to appear at HPRB strips your right to appeal that order.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yeah, I'm always perplexed when someone defends the MSP in regards to Licensing and the review board. Makes me wonder if they've seen/heard the ******** in person.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Of course not.

I am calling out the MSP apologists who seem to have appeared who have not a whit’s idea of what they are talking about or even witnessed the clown show that is the MSP LD in Clownsville

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That who I was "whoa-ing". People seem to confuse these guys with the average patrol Trooper.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The MSP at every hearing contradict something they have said at the same hearing and certainly from one hearing to another . No rhyme or reason other then they forget the lie or BS story they told an hour earlier .

I have been to enough hearings , stood in front of the board and listened to them tell the HPRB some (cough) lies . They are willing partners in this .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    That who I was "whoa-ing". People seem to confuse these guys with the average patrol Trooper.

You won't find anyone more Pro-Cop then me , I would risk my life to help those troopers at the meetings/hearings . I can separate one issue from another and still do the right thing .

But i can not and will not pretend that all are decent or correct in the beliefs they may share .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And yet some come here to defend them and have never witnessed the MSP LD duplicity in actively denying Marylander’s their enumerated Constitutional right.

Neither have any credibility IMO

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Same same.

The average Trooper would have no problem defending W&C permit issue policy. I'm really perplexed that people are shocked that MSP goes to the edges of the envelope given by legislature not to issue permits. Been labeled as an alleged cop hater by some here, but yet all I see with this issue is just normal operating procedure really not worth getting angry or disparaging cops over. Some think MSP read this board, so how exactly does that kind of vitriol help? It's what they do, and the legislature gives them the right to do what they do as ruled so far. DC was way more picky when they were may issue. Many with MD W&C permits wouldn't even get close to one in NJ. NJ too is decided by police chief plus a judge.

Move on?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    They have been given a lot of power. Red flag, no due process, fingers may still be warm.....

If one were to know parts of the entity they work for denies such rights or diligently works to remove them well .... that person has at that point chosen sides. .gov vs citizens and families.

Is that harsh? No offense to LEOs, better times may soon come.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I’m not surprised by their antics in the least.

But I’m not ever going to accept their behavior and saying NJ is worse is just saying MD sucks less.

That’s surrender

They do it because they can, not because it’s right .

I have to live with it until SCOTUS puts a stop to it.

Or not

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The MSP at every hearing contradict something they have said at the same hearing and certainly from one hearing to another . No rhyme or reason other then they forget the lie or BS story they told an hour earlier .

I have been to enough hearings , stood in front of the board and listened to them tell the HPRB some (cough) lies . They are willing partners in this .

I agree. Having warmed a spectator seat at a few HPRB meetings, I can state with absolute certainty that the

"MSP Licensing Division" rhymes perfectly with "Arbitrary and Capricious."

You never know what words will be spoken or written at any given time, or how outrageous the words will be. The only rein on them I've seen at the Board meetings is that now the troopers testifying are sworn to tell the truth under pain of perjury, where they weren't in years gone by. At least it's a reminder to them; how effective it is I don't know.

Edit:
    The MD process may suck less than NJ or NYC, but it still sucks WAAAAAY more than, for example, Utah.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    At HPRB, the facts and law are whatever MSP decides they are.

And as pointed out, they change from case to case.

I doubt the fact that they now have an additional level of appeal will help anyone besides Frosh and his minions

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Same same.

The average Trooper would have no problem defending W&C permit issue policy. I'm really perplexed that people are shocked that MSP goes to the edges of the envelope given by legislature not to issue permits. Been labeled as an alleged cop hater by some here, but yet all I see with this issue is just normal operating procedure really not worth getting angry or disparaging cops over. Some think MSP read this board, so how exactly does that kind of vitriol help? It's what they do, and the legislature gives them the right to do what they do as ruled so far. DC was way more picky when they were may issue. Many with MD W&C permits wouldn't even get close to one in NJ. NJ too is decided by police chief plus a judge.

Move on?

Sir ,

I am not sure what you are saying or what I read is we should just shut up and take it .

I can say the MSP troopers are clowns , at least the ones at the hearings and they can call me a clown .
    I have at least some rights , unless the state wants to take that away from me as well . If they read what I post I am okay with it , I would tell them they same thing if we were to get into a conversation with them .

I will continue to fight the restrictions win or lose and I will call Frosh and anyone else a asshat .

nobody was harmed by this post .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I read it as :

Ofc will always publicly follow the company line.
    Expect that, don't use to subdiffirentiate in your outlook upon LE , be it generally supportive, generally distrustful, or somewhere in between .

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    It is a constant source of surprise to me that people don’t seem to understand that the MSP doesn’t create the laws - they enforce the laws. Of course Gov Hogan is aware of the Handgun laws being enforced. Do you seriously believe that he’s not getting mail and briefings about these things on a weekly basis? C’mon...
    So now you won't be Surprised anymore. It's a fact.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I also don't (really) believe Hogan is being briefed on HPRB results, I don't believe he'd care much even if he was.

His office has never responded to my inquiries in regards to the topic of wear and carry..... at all.

Same with other politicians, unless it serves them now or can help them in the future they don't care. Another former huge 2A supporter from my District, fell of the face of the earth once it wasn't to his political advantage to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom