• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You must have an MP5 style pistol.... you must have an MP5 style pistol.... you must have an MP5 style pistol.

Closest I'm gonna get here in Merryland...

Attachments

• IMG_20180324_171502970_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20180324_171502970_HDR.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 797

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That definitely does the trick, gotta love QC10 for taking the AR lower to new heights!!!

I love this setup. It has run flawlessly since I built it. Only shortcoming(aside from it not being a roller block) is no empty mag stop. It's a great HD/range toy though. :thumbsup:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Nice video Wayne 1 !! My only gryp with ptr is for us sear holders they won't stand behind the gun if you run 1. Were Omega does.other than that it looks like a nice gun !

Yeah I heard that, seems silly. Maybe they will change their stance down the road. Is this policy across all of their line?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Yeah I heard that, seems silly. Maybe they will change their stance down the road. Is this policy across all of their line?

The way I heard it on HK pro yes all of their guns. 1 guy has a PTR 32 that his head spacing dropped after 3500 rds in a gun that had a sear in it. When asked if he had run it with a sear, he answered yes, they said they wouldn't warrant anything with a sear run in it. But the PTR 9 is a sear ready gun sooooo----.

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Quote from Atlantic posted on another fourm.

Just for clarification I do not know that PTR does any factory direct advertising of their pistols as sear ready. We ( Atlantic ) do mention that they are built with a full auto bolt and show them being tested with a sear pack. Most manufacturers do not warranty items that are converted out of the original factory configuration & this is the norm . Typically alteration , abuse, neglect, bad ammunition or rental ranges are excluded from most firearms manufactures warranty's. With this all being said I would think that they would take care of any reasonable issues but can not warranty against other parts that are introduced into the equation . PTR has a long & steady history with the roller lock community & there are tons of happy shooters.

Not sure if I should post a link.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Quote from Atlantic posted on another fourm.

Not sure if I should post a link.

Interesting!! PTR started conversing with the guy with the PTR32 and seemed to want to help. But shut the door once they heard full auto. Sad the HK platform have no issues running a registered sear if the gun is put together correctly. HK had no issues with theirs . Food for thought.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    They look awesome Wayne!!! But some of my clones are mag finicky, but all work with POF and German mags. So I'm gonna wait and see first. I bought a F5 drum for them and in 8 guns it will only lock in 1. And oddly enough it didn't lock in the HK. It did in 1 of the 2 vectors I have. So that's my dilemma with mags . Please give us feedback!!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The good I have read so far is they insert well in the PTR9. But everything else it's a issue inserting them according to the group over on hkpro. The guys who have the 40s say they can only get 26 in with a mag lula loader.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    The good I have read so far is they insert well in the PTR9. But everything else it's a issue inserting them according to the group over on hkpro. The guys who have the 40s say they can only get 26 in with a mag lula loader.

I can attest they do fit well into the PTR, Zero wobble. From what I understand ETS worked directly with PTR during development. I have'nt read too much about it in other clones, but I did notice that one guy with these firearms

Dakota Tactical D54 SBR
    Dakota Tactical D54P SBR
    DJ Getz DF94SD SBR
    DJ Getz DF94KFS SBR
    Dakota Tactical D54KP-N w/ fleming auto sear
    DJ Getz DF89K SBR
    DJ Getz GF94 SBR

he was saying in general that they fit pretty tight, and inserting and removing them helped improve the fit.

This was ETS response to him "SVT your findings seem in line with what we see. In order to better control the feed angle presentation the mag had to be tight in the magwell. We found that when too loose problems would begin to occur with hollow points. The nice thing about plastic is that once the mag has been inserted into a tight gun a few times the stamped steel should “clearance” the mag and it will fit better. So those wear spots you are seeing from inserting into the tight guns is normal."

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I can attest they do fit well into the PTR, Zero wobble. From what I understand ETS worked directly with PTR during development. I have'nt read too much about it in other clones, but I did notice that one guy with these firearms

Dakota Tactical D54 SBR
    Dakota Tactical D54P SBR
    DJ Getz DF94SD SBR
    DJ Getz DF94KFS SBR
    Dakota Tactical D54KP-N w/ fleming auto sear
    DJ Getz DF89K SBR
    DJ Getz GF94 SBR

he was saying in general that they fit pretty tight, and inserting and removing them helped improve the fit.

This was ETS response to him "SVT your findings seem in line with what we see. In order to better control the feed angle presentation the mag had to be tight in the magwell. We found that when too loose problems would begin to occur with hollow points. The nice thing about plastic is that once the mag has been inserted into a tight gun a few times the stamped steel should “clearance” the mag and it will fit better. So those wear spots you are seeing from inserting into the tight guns is normal."

I think for the most part except with maybe the exception of this guy so far. The PTR has worked pretty well. This borrowed from the same post on hkpro.

about 1 hour ago · #42
    Will fix this up with pictures later...

I took my Zenith Z5-P SBR and PTR 9C Braced Pistol out for a long lunch to give a pair of 40 round ETS mags a try...

Last night I was able to establish that the ETS Mags would fit snugly into the PTR 9C, but I could only get about 24-26 rounds in each 40 round magazine before there was too much force required with the MP5 MAG LULA to where I was not comfortable still trying to stuff rounds in. I have pretty good arthritis in my hands and I run the mag lula's in all my SMG clones. The LULA is a tight fit over the magazine, but with some massaging it's able to lock in. I found for best result holding the magazine and lula firmly in 1 hand kept it from moving up a bit. Ammo for the initial and second loading mentioned below was Rem 115gr UMC which is readily available locally and runs just fine in both clones with metal mags.

Right off the bat at lunch I established that the ETS mag would fit into the Zenith. Wasn't sure(didn't honestly expect it) since the Zenith will snugly lock both Gen's (2 and 4) of Koreans I have where the PTR won't. Both Zenith and PTR clones need a small rap on the base of the mag to ensure it's locked in, but not bad.

Took the 26/40 loaded mag and it shot smoothly through the PTR. Took the 24/40 mag and hit a jam in the Zenith about halfway through(FTE that blocked feed).
    Since running 24-26 or so rounds in a 40 round mag sucks I grabbed the empty mags, fresh boxes of the Rem UMC, my maglula and started loading. I was super surprised/pleased that on this 2nd time loading - both mags were able to take 40 rounds of the Rem UMC. The last 5 or so are a bit difficult, but doable. I took a loaded 40 rounder and tried it in the Zenith. Got through the mag with 3-4 jams. Took the 2nd mag to the PTR and got through it with about 2 jams. Far from ideal...

Since it's super important to me that my magazines feed my subsonic reload I took some super fresh reloads (i.e. loaded these last night) that I closely mic'd out to make sure all were under 1.160 cartridge overall length(COL) (1.169 is SAAMI spec btw). I mentioned this load in my PTR review - it's 165gr Xtreme bullet over 3.6grs of Longshot - off the books, but something I've worked up very successfully in all 9mm SMG clones (the UZI needs this at 3.8grs to move the bolt). Anyways I was super surprised that both magazines were willing to take 40 rounds of this without any extra force. Normally (Glock, the plastic MKE's) if there is an issue you are only able to get part-way loaded or a few rounds in before things bind up if there are cartridge OAL issues.

That's where the honeymoon ended. Slapped on my can in the PTR (started here as it was running the ETS's better than the Zenith). Shot the first round(bang). 2nd trigger pull went 'click'. Pulled the mag, noted an empty chamber - rounds didn't lift. Rapped the mag and the rounds lifted, reloaded the mag. Bang. Click. Removed the mag, noticed that the rounds didn't lift. Fixed it and tried a 3rd time. Bang. Click. Done with this mag. I tried the 2nd magazine and experienced the same thing. While the long rounds seemed to 'fit' - they sure aren't lifting. Normally I'd tell you that they were binding, but I can't tell you where and I religiously checked all rounds with my micrometer to confirm none were abnormally long. Unloading the mags with the mag lula didn't show any specific binding or any specific cartridge that was tough to get out.

Since the Rem 115gr UMC weren't 100% reliable and the 165's were not agreeing with the mag I pulled out a few boxes of Winchester NATO (Q4318) that I just traded into from a buddy of mine - WCC09 headstamp. Loaded up 80 rounds between the 2 magazines. Figured these should prove it one way or another.

Bang.
    Click.

Pulled the mag. The 124's weren't lifting properly either. Cleared it.

Bang.
    Click.

Tried with both mags and shot a total of 4 out of the 80 rounds before calling it a day and returning 76 rounds to their original boxes.

I have a call into ETS to chat with a tech. I'm open to critique on anything I have done above, but not sure what magic is needed. As-is these mags have no place in my collection and I'm not going to make them anyone else's problem. I expect they are going back to ETS, I don't necessarily care whether they refund me my $$.

p.s. - I did look at feed lips and follower - no major signs of wear for what little use I was able to get out of them so far.

https://www.hkpro.com/#/topics/472024?page=5

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom