• ...and so much more!
  • dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Burglary / Theft at Chesapeake Gun Shop
    Monday 7/27 at 4:30AM
    Chesapeake Gun Shop, 208 Island Plaza Court in Stevensville

Queen Anne’s County Deputies responded to an alarm at Island Plaza Court in Stevensville, MD. First units arrived within minutes and discovered the front glass shattered with signs of obvious entry into the Chesapeake Gun Shop.

Video footage confirmed that a suspect was able to make entry into the store where eight guns valued at $7800 were taken from a display counter, placed into a bag and handed out to an unknown accomplice.

All of the stolen firearms were handguns including Sig-Sauer 9mm, a Colt Government .45, four Smith & Wesson revolvers ranging from .38 Special to a .44 magnum, and two Ruger .357 revolvers.

Persons with information about this crime are urged to contact Detective Steve Matthews of the Sheriff’s Criminal Investigation Unit at (410) 758-0770 extension 1921. Tips can also be emailed to sheriff-info@qac.org or private messaged to the Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.

DEPUTY: Dfc. Andrew Neall / Det. Steve Matthews

Sheriff Gary Hofmann

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Hard to blame those undocumented shoppers...ever seen Chesapeake Guns prices?

Also, B&E would also be a normal work-around with respect to their customer service.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Damn. I stopped by that place a few times coming back from O.C. Never bought anything, but the lady behind the county was friendly.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Their service has always sucked when I went in there except for once. It is the kind of place you don't want to see go out of business, just because you don't want to see a gun shop go out of business. I have bought small items there, but as mentioned the prices are their version of theft.

Sucks that it is so close to home. I always thought they had pretty good bars on the doors and windows. I think at their old location someone rammed a car through the front before they put in the jersey walls? Hope they catch someone.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    They'll turn up, just as soon as the new owners go to transfer them. No transaction's done until the paper work is finished, don't ya know.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Attachments

• no burglars allowed sign.jpg
      no burglars allowed sign.jpg
      29 KB · Views: 1,346

stimpy17

Mar 10, 2015
    Western Maryland
    Hmm, I wonder if they'll apply for a concealed carry permit? Oh well.
    BTW, MSP, now that these firearms are now on the street, how do I protect me and mine??????????????????

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hmm, I wonder if they'll apply for a concealed carry permit? Oh well.
    BTW, MSP, now that these firearms are now on the street, how do I protect me and mine??????????????????

No worries. They'll need to be registered and transferred to an HQL holder when the thief sells them. Not to mention that it would be illegal to use them in the commission of a crime. That would land him in the clinker for a long, long time, because prosecutors and judges enforce the existing criminal laws strictly, right?

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Hard to blame those undocumented shoppers...ever seen Chesapeake Guns prices?

Also, B&E would also be a normal work-around with respect to their customer service.

^^this for sure^^

Their service has always sucked when I went in there except for once. It is the kind of place you don't want to see go out of business, just because you don't want to see a gun shop go out of business. I have bought small items there, but as mentioned the prices are their version of theft.

^^this^^

karma for all those bad prices

^^and this^^

Never had a good experience here, nor have I seen a price anywhere near reality. Not even close. Think used Ruger P95 for $695. Facial expression was priceless when I asked if that was for 2 of 'em :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom