• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Went to Baltimore's best Pawn today. Another S&W mod 15 will be coming home soon.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    MODEL 19 COMBAT MAGNUM!!!

When, you just.........ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, UNQUESTIONABLY, NEED to shoot someone, errrrr....something? with a .357, the best way to go, IMHO :-).

BUT, honestly, with S & W, there are many excellent choices. This was just the first .357 that I shot, and it fits my hand perfectly.

Thanks guys, sounds like I need to keep my eyes peeled for a 19 or 27 before 10/1. Luckily I have a decent FFL who is good about releasing. Though i wouldnt turn down a 25 as I have .45 ACP down to a science.

I just cant resist the case hardened hammer of the vintage S&Ws!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I love my 29-2 with the 8 3/8" barrel.

Attachments

• S&W Model 29-2.jpg
      S&W Model 29-2.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 63

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I love my 29-2 with the 8 3/8" barrel.

Now 29s are .44 etc right? I am probably looking more towards a lighter frame gun. I know my Dan Wesson 44 is hefty and my hands are small, I like shooting it but not my favorite by handling.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Didn't read the whole thread, but for me, it's hard to go wrong with any classic S&W revolver, blued or stainless. Take your pick

Model 27
    Model 28 (not quite as nice as the 27, but the Highway Patrolman is functionally the same gun)
    Model 19
    Model 25 (.45 Long Colt on the N frame)
    Model 29

That's where I'd start. Currently I only have a pre-29 and a Model 18 - the K frame .22 LR S&W. I had an 8 and 3/8 barrel model 27 but I sold it to garner funds for my H&K USP 45. Gotta love a good S&W revolver.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    There is the S&W Mountain Gun - light weight Nframe and barrel. Good fir light and moderate loads, can be brutal with full house magnums. Like a Jframe 357 with heavy 125 grain loads.

The heavy underlug 29's handles well, just a little weight out front when in 5"-6.5" form. Especially in DA mode. It is not as fast in multiple target transistions (though still very good) as a medium frame 357 but well worth a look. Along with the 4" M63, those are my favorite S&W revolvers (underlug 29's).

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Now 29s are .44 etc right? I am probably looking more towards a lighter frame gun. I know my Dan Wesson 44 is hefty and my hands are small, I like shooting it but not my favorite by handling.

Yes, It is a 44 magnum. Think Dirty Harry, the most powerful handgun in the world. At least at that time. It is really pretty tame. The size helps handle the recoil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom