• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I really can't be happier in a carry gun. I'll be the first to say that carrying a firearm on a daily basis is a royal PITA and not very comfortable. With the Khar, I've run out of excuses not to carry a gun. It's slim, it's light weight, it's hardly noticeable, and probably the most comfortable gun I've carried in my limited experience. By far, this thing is a much more comfortable than my SR9c and it disappears without even trying. It functions just fine but I haven't really put this gun through it's paces because of time, money, and range availability. It is a snappy little gun and I'm not any better than combat accurate with it. The trigger pull is definitely odd and takes a bit of adjustment but once you learn it you're gtg. Overall I'm VERY pleased with this pocket rocket. It's everything I've ever wanted in a carry gun. The only downfall is mag capacity but I'll gladly give up a few shots for all day comfort and concealment.

The Remora.

These holsters are fantastic. They have good retention, easy to draw, easy to holster, and incredibly easy to get into your waist band. No fussing with clips or any of that crap. I don't even have to loosen my pants in order to get in place. I just wiggle it down into my belt line. I did get the reinforced top and drawing/holstering is a breeze, it doesn't collapse at all. This is the holster I wear 90% of the time and I can't imagine finding a better one. I wear it at 3:30 and I've never had this holster move or slip out of place. It stays right where I put it, all day long. My only regret is not getting the sweat shield. I have rust on the slide serrations and mag release from sweating on them all day. The sweat runs right into the holster and my gun is damp all day long. I haven't found a viable solution other than ordering a Remora with the sweat shield.

Desantis Sof-Tuk

This has been an ok holster. It's nothing really special. I don't like having only one holster and I wanted something tuck-able so I picked this up off Amazon fairly cheap. It gets pretty good reviews and I decided to wing it. This holster fit the bill and it does a pretty good job. It rides higher than the Remora and prints a little more but it's still barely noticeable. My only gripe is the reinforced top, combined with the cant I like, constantly fights my belt line and belt. I could probably fix that by going back to a less aggressive cant but I like the aggressive forward cant for easier drawing. I do find myself readjusting this holster multiple times throughout the day and it's not the most comfortable holster for sitting down.

Tagua Mag Holder

Pretty basic. A leather mag holder for my extended mag. It works. My only gripe is that the belt loop is like 2 1/4" and rides kinda sloppy on a normal size belt. I'm guess it's meant more for a duty belt. It chills in my pocket and never on my belt so I don't worry about it. It serves to keep rounds from popping out as that seems to be an issue with Kahr mags. I got tired of reaching into my pocket and realizing 2-3 rounds has popped out so I bought this. I don't know what size it is but I think it's for a single stack 1911 mag. It was literally the only mag holder in the shop that would fit a Kahr magazine.

Attachments

• 20130731_023657.jpg
      20130731_023657.jpg
      121.4 KB · Views: 362
    • 20130731_023518.jpg
      20130731_023518.jpg
      134.4 KB · Views: 355
    • 20130731_023744.jpg
      20130731_023744.jpg
      110.5 KB · Views: 346
    • 20130731_023759.jpg
      20130731_023759.jpg
      98.2 KB · Views: 337

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great reviews. I recommended this gun again just yesterday to a gent that is likely going to buy a G26, primarily for the cost savings. On paper these two guns are very compatible, but carry them both for a few years and you'll know the Kahr is vastly better for EDC.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yeah, thanks for the reviews. I am kicking around getting a small EDC and have narrowed it down to a few, the Kahr being one of them. I have a Baby Browning that I bought a few years ago, just cause, well...just cause its a gun!! hahahahah it was a good price and in excellent shape, but would really want some more potent and more modern for EDC, if that every happens, or I move somewhere else :-).

Now I just need to go to a range and rent and shoot the final 3 when it gets down to that.

:-)

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    For carry, the Kahrs are tough to beat. I have a CW45 and for a 45ACP, it's pretty small/slim and surprisingly easy to carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Just add Trijicon sights and it's GTG.

2012-05-05141258.jpg

I also have a Ruger LCP in a "wallet" holster and now think I should have just gone with a CM9; it's almost the same size and is a 9mm.

2012-06-19180456.jpg

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    +1 on the Kahr. All 9mm pocket pistols pretty much suck as range/fun guns, but the Kahr sucks the least in my experience. I find them fairly easy to shoot accurately for their small size. Trigger is long but smooth and doesn't feel nearly as heavy as the 6-7 pounds it is.

It shoots and feels a lot like a single-stack Glock aside from the trigger pull.

The mags are a weak point, the second round always seems loose and you can only order them OEM at a premium. The grips could also use some grip tape or aggressive texturing, like any tiny pistol it jumps around a LOT when shooting.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I started carrying a Kahr P 9 last year when I went on a 4500 mile M/C trip. I switched to it because it was single stack vs. my double stack Glock 26. I got it several years ago but did not like the long heavy trigger pull compared to the 5 lb short trigger on my Glocks, so I rarely carried it. I did send it to Cylinder and Slide for trigger work, but they were unable to do much except smooth it out. I usually carry it in a DeSantis Jr. fanny pack.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Agree, thanks for the review. I finally got to shoot my CW9 and other than the trigger travelling forever before it goes bang the guns functions fine. It is snappy but I expected that and was able to hit a 6" plate reliably at 20 paces.

I think I'll end up with a pocket holster and another mag down the road.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I order the same Remora but with the sweat shield. I like it a lot and it seems to keep the sweat off the metal parts of my gun. It does ride a bit differently than the original holster and I think it more easily prints because of the added bulk. That aside, I'm very happy. It was 25% off and come with a free mag holder using an email promotion. The mag holder functions very well and I like it better than the leather Tagua mag holder I've been using.

P. S. I wrote in the comments box, during checkout, about how pleased I am with my previous Remora and Alan sent me an extra mag holder! What a nice guy!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Some pics of the sweat shield model and mag holder

Attachments

• 20130812_192847.jpg
      20130812_192847.jpg
      93.4 KB · Views: 252
    • 20130812_192855.jpg
      20130812_192855.jpg
      95.2 KB · Views: 261
    • 20130812_193140.jpg
      20130812_193140.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 245
    • 20130812_193128.jpg
      20130812_193128.jpg
      96.6 KB · Views: 258

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have the sweat shield Remora for my PM9 and love it. I ended up on the other side, the sweat shield is awesome for IWBcarry, but adds a lot of bulk for pocket carry, so I still often use my old Galco pocket holster, without that, I would have ordered one without the sweat shield. I use a single stack 1911 mag holster, but added a plastic spacer for the shorter(front to back) mags to fit them better. Everyone complains about the trigger, except people like me that shoot, and have carried DA revolvers, it has a short crisp smooth trigger with no stacking, and would be considered EPIC if it were on a wheelgun. It does take some practice to get used to , but squeezing and resetting has a feel that works well with the pistol's slower shot cadence compared to most larger pistols, and the smooth wide trigger feels great while maintain a margin of safety.

I carry this just about all summer, and as a backup in the winter, and it has served me well, but it might have some competition soon. I have my eye on the XDs45, I'm a fan of the cartridge(my fall-winter-spring carry is a G30SF, so common caliber is nice), and like my XDM full size, so I might give one a try. It's a little bigger than the PM9, but still pocketable with a slim holster and big pockets in cargo shorts, and where the PM9 can be a bit too small IWB for my big hands the XDs I've handled feels better, so we'll see if it beats out my veteran PM9

One good tip with Remoras and blocky pistols is to gently heat the inside with a hair dryer then crease and square the top edge by folding it, it cuts down on bulk considerably, and fits the pistol better. The holster is really rounded and wide when new

20130812_230502.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom