• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    That and they never had time on a P-64 :shocked4: The CZ-82 might be the best feeling pistol I've ever held. I expect to be shooting it this weekend. :fingerscrossed:

Yeah no s#!t, I got a nice little hammer bite the first time I pulled the trigger on my P-64. The wife fired it one time and all she said was.....

Attachments

• Grumpy-Cat-NO.jpg
      Grumpy-Cat-NO.jpg
      27.3 KB · Views: 189

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Yeah no s#!t, I got a nice little hammer bite the first time I pulled the trigger on my P-64. The wife fired it one time and all she said was.....

I've gotten used to it. It bites me every time I shoot it. I took it to a BUG match and ran about 100 rounds though it in 6 stages over 3 hours. I really like the little fvcker in spite of it's bite.

Thanks to the OP for letting me get all gushy over my little handgun. ;)

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Sig P239. Just right for your purposes.

I probably have 30 handguns and the only one that I truly dislike is my Sig P239. I bought it without ever feeling the trigger or the way it shoots because I had always heard great things about Sigs. Because of how crappy the trigger feels I will never buy another Sig.

For my carry guns I will stick to compact/subcompact Glocks.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I'm in love with my Walther PPS. feels good in my hand, slim and concealable, and very accurate. You can get 6, 7, or 8 round magazines in 9mm or 5, 6, or 7 round in .40cal. Made in Germany and looks great!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If you mean really small, then LCP is what I recommend. I like mine. Nothing spectacular in terms of ballistics but it's enough to save your life if necessary and LEOs I know own and carry one as backup.

Last edited:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I probably have 30 handguns and the only one that I truly dislike is my Sig P239. I bought it without ever feeling the trigger or the way it shoots because I had always heard great things about Sigs. Because of how crappy the trigger feels I will never buy another Sig.

Install a SRT kit. About 50.00 You'll change your Ming.

I'm in love with my Walther PPS. feels good in my hand, slim and concealable, and very accurate. You can get 6, 7, or 8 round magazines in 9mm or 5, 6, or 7 round in .40cal. Made in Germany and looks great!

That's the one in 9mm.

python

Apr 15, 2010

I actually tend to agree with you, but I got used to them. I had shot them before I bought them (all used) and knew what I was getting into. They were OK to me. I own only one Glock (30), but I have five Sigs. I'm not a fan of plastic, but it's a good gun. There is a world of difference between the two. BTW, Grayguns can fix up the trigger on your 239. Good luck.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    +1 or the P938 just a little larger in 9mm

+1 for the Sig P938, 7+1 9mm, small with a punch. 7 round mags are tough to come by and a little pricey, but worth it - more grip. 2 good laser options if you are into that (Sig's and Crimson Trace's). Yet still very portable/concealable.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I fired a Makarov before and loved it. It seems to have a similar look to the CZ-82 and fires the same round. Are they related? Also, is there a ready supply of either Makarov or CZ-82? Are they both out of production? How is the reliability and accuracy of the CZ-82 compared to the Makarov?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    It's a bit vague, so it depends on what you want. I don't think you need a small pocket pistol for concealed carry...you really don't. A Glock 19 fits this role just fine.

I would not recommend .380 ACP at all unless you REALLY want to go deep cover, like putting it in your pocket without anyone noticing. The recoil is very harsh on .380 pocket pistols and they are very small to handle. They fit a purpose, but they are not all-purpose.

I would have to go against the .380 cartridge again. Even though most people know I don't have faith in "stopping power", the .380acp has poor penetration. Unless you need a pocket pistol, go with 9mm.

So with that said, if you need a pocket pistol .380 can fit the job. In this case Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, and I think S&W Bodyguard (not sure) are all good. If you don't need pocket pistol capabilities, you can easily go 9mm.

Let's say you want a 9mm and don't need a pocket pistol. Now you have to decide how big of a gun you can carry. I personally wouldn't recommend a Sig, even a P239. I like them, but not for CC. There are "subcompact" polymer handguns out there. Glock 26, S&W M&P Shield (hard to find), S&W M&P9c, Keltec PF9, Kahr 9mm. I don't like shooting these as much as I do my "compact" Glock 19. It is small and light enough to be a CCW, and big enough with a nice mag capacity (15+) to be a combat sidearm. Seriously, there are no problems conceal carrying a gun of that size at all.

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    With the current backlog, would you even be able to get a handgun before the HQL kicks in?

ETA: I guess if you are lucky enough to be near a dealer who does the 8th day release, you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom