• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Since my other post got deleted, I'll just say this: This is in poor taste. Let them have their memorial concert without any protest/picketing/policy advocating. Not one person there will see you and your signs and think: "Gee, he's right!". They will all think the opposite, even if they initially agreed with your stance. You will be doing more harm than good if you go through with this.

Roger that. :thumbsup: let them have their love fest and maybe they won't piss off any more nuts on what was a private matter that the general public wouldn't give two shits about..

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm presuming that Hogan wasn't invited (and is planning to keep a low profile that weekend). Maybe Jealous and other Democratic Party pols will show up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    If the PP decided they should go to this event, I am confident they will bring messaging that is respectfull and effective. They are very good at what they do! Thanks guys!

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Inviting rhetorical bomb-thrower Joy Behar to this concert, to me, totally changes the nature of the event. That's all I need to hear about their true intent and the content of their message.

It's very hard to pass up on the opportunity to respectfully stand up for freedom and liberty in her presence. Alas I'm forced to work in the morning and by noon need to head up to Pennsylvania. Godspeed my friends.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Their own politicization of the event needs to be well documented.

This might become reminiscent of Sen. Paul Wellstone's funeral, which degenerated into a political rally and reflected poorly on the Dems for years.

Of course, times are different and everything is political now.

Wtf is Joy Behar doing there?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Their own politicization of the event needs to be well documented.

This might become reminiscent of Sen. Paul Wellstone's funeral, which degenerated into a political rally and reflected poorly on the Dems for years.

Of course, times are different and everything is political now.

Wtf is Joy Behar doing there?

Probably doing what she does best... being a hate filled bitch on steroids.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Surprise! (with a hat tip to Seagraves1963!)

The Annapolis mayor’s effort to take the Gazette Newspaper tragedy and hijack it to create a gun-hating, Trump-bashing political rally has started a backlash.

And the backlash is coming from the less-fanatical Libs on the Annapolis City Council who are “expressing concern” about the “planning and execution” without coming out and saying that this event was hijacked.

And it is the Capitol Gazette that is acknowledging the “concerns”...

Read about the backlash here: http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/annapolis/ac-cn-press-freedom-concert-0719-story.html

Alderman Marc Rodriguez, D-Ward 5, said he wants to support the event, but needs assurances that the event will help the Capital Gazette and the community heal. “I think our community’s priority needs to be the victims’ families and their co-workers and friends and the staff at The Capital,” he said. “I don’t know if this benefit aligns with that – I hope it does.”

At a planning meeting following the shootings, some people objected to hosting a concert so soon. The mayor pushed back.

“Gavin is very dedicated to making sure that we have this concert in memory of the victims while everybody is still thinking about the tragedy,” O’Brien said. “And you know, Gavin likes to plan events and we’re having a great event on the 28th and there are a lot of people on board.”

So...The Leftist Activist Annapolis mayor suggests that everyone touched by this tragedy will not be “thinking” about this after 30 days goes by? (You mean, next month not thinking about a colleague or family member being killed? Seriously? Ohhhhhh, you mean not thinking about the POLITICAL ANGLES TO EXPLOIT...)

There will undoubtedly be more shoes to drop....

Attachments

• 164F92DF-25C3-40F6-8A4A-DCE9BE949E6F.jpg
      164F92DF-25C3-40F6-8A4A-DCE9BE949E6F.jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 232
    • BE261A2B-DD37-4B61-A267-9B1FD461800C.jpg
      BE261A2B-DD37-4B61-A267-9B1FD461800C.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 235
    Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Since my other post got deleted, I'll just say this: This is in poor taste. Let them have their memorial concert without any protest/picketing/policy advocating. Not one person there will see you and your signs and think: "Gee, he's right!". They will all think the opposite, even if they initially agreed with your stance. You will be doing more harm than good if you go through with this.

Maybe you should reconsider your habit of reflexively complaining about Patriot Picket projects and adopt a wait-and-see attitude that others do.

When we announced that we had ambushed Rep. Maxine Waters with our Pots & Pans Serenade at her DC home after she urged Dramacrats to accost Trump Administration folks whenever they appeared, you grumped that if you were her neighbor you’d be pissed.

And here in this thread; several more grumpy posts without acknowledging that this “memorial”—as you referred to it—was set up with ulterior motives.

Are momentary feelings and perceptions all that you give priority to?

The day following our LEGAL protest (allowable noise until 10pm), Rep. Waters announced that she was suspending all public appearances at that time.

Sometimes you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet, brother.

Attachments

• 5E9C9B8C-DEA9-4059-816B-4BBBF5E2BE54.jpg
      5E9C9B8C-DEA9-4059-816B-4BBBF5E2BE54.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 199
    Last edited:

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Surprise! (with a hat tip to Seagraves1963!)

The Annapolis mayor’s effort to take the Gazette Newspaper tragedy and hijack it to create a gun-hating, Trump-bashing political rally has started a backlash.

And the backlash is coming from the less-fanatical Libs on the Annapolis City Council who are “expressing concern” about the “planning and execution” without coming out and saying that this event was hijacked.

And it is the Capitol Gazette that is acknowledging the “concerns”...

Read about the backlash here: http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/annapolis/ac-cn-press-freedom-concert-0719-story.html

So...The Leftist Activist Annapolis mayor thinks that everyone touched by this tragedy will not be “thinking” about this after 30 days goes (Ohhhhhh, you mean not thinking about the POLITICAL ANGLES TO EXPLOIT...)

There will undoubtedly be more shoes to drop....

Seems like a rainy day like today would be a great time to head over to the capitals facebook page, or other facebook pages of those folks trying to exploit people who have an acknowledged reason to heal, and comment what a travesty it is for these, if i make quote my favorite deputy, interlopers, to take advantage of a crisis to advance their gun grabbing leftist agenda.

Heck, you could even try writing an old fashioned letter to the editor to all of your favorite newspapers.

It is clear from the guest list that this has now become something other than a healing event.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    To elaborate on my concern, I fear that no matter what The PP does at this event, the media and attendees will find a way to twist it into "Right wing gun nuts __________ at vigil and fundraiser for victims of gun violence". I can't think of any scenario in which The PP will appear to be good guys and gals doing the right thing to those reporting on it.
    There could be a full blown leftist shitshow doing every inhumane act known to man. I believe those acts will be ignored and the polite dissent of The PP will be twisted into something it isn't.
    At a venue that is "claimed" to be a vigil and fundraiser, it will be easy to twist the stance of those who disagree.

I disagree. If I was able to predict the future that accurately, my job title would be "Lottery Winner."

EVERY event attended by the PP had the potential to be branded as a "Far Right GUN Nut Protest." Indeed, at first that's just how the media reacted when they even noticed. But over time the true intent - support of the Civil Rights in the BoR - has come to the surface. I see this as no different.

That's just my observation to the nay sayers. It will be what it will be; nothing more or less. I'm done now.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Seems like a rainy day like today would be a great time to head over to the capitals facebook page, or other facebook pages of those folks trying to exploit people who have an acknowledged reason to heal, and comment what a travesty it is for these, if i make quote my favorite deputy, interlopers, to take advantage of a crisis to advance their gun grabbing leftist agenda.

Heck, you could even try writing an old fashioned letter to the editor to all of your favorite newspapers.

It is clear from the guest list that this has now become something other than a healing event.

Perhaps point out that the Mayor and his Leftist celebrity buds are climbing over the five bodies to get to the microphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom