• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'm looking to buy a wood picnic table with benches.
    Where's a good place to buy one?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I bought one from ACE Hardware a couple years ago. kit, treated 2X6 construction, I think about 100 bucks. Still pleased with it, good deal. :thumbsup:
    It's a heavy sob though.

Thanks

The last kit I bought was from Hechingers

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    A thief is a thief...

...and I would not to associate, nor be associated with one.

Quit making excuses for him.

This thread sickens me for those of you whom support his actions; with mild allowances of mitigating excuses.

I question your very own trustworthiness when you do so.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think the guy that stole the picnic arrangement (stuff) should receive a bullet to the head . That way he would never do such an evil act , it is the only way to stop the theft of wood furniture from across this fine nation . We should make an example out of him and make him pay with his life .

That will show the rest we don't take kindly to furniture rustling , let's form a posse . .:rolleyes:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    That table was built by a dear family member. They are selling it for $5000. However, if you pay in cash or credit card, there is a $4700 discount. So the actual value of the picnic table and 2 benches is $5000.

Problem solved.

5 k for a table? I am I the only one that thinks that's nuts? Not sure what kind of wood it's made of and I am sure the craftsmanship is superb and good for you're family member but dang 4-5 k?? Maybe I'm just cheap. I also hope that thief gets a bad crotch rash or something

Made from old-growth unobtanium. Very rare and endangered wood species. :innocent0

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    ...and I would not to associate, nor be associated with one.

Quit making excuses for him.

This thread sickens me for those of you whom support his actions; with mild allowances of mitigating excuses.

I question your very own trustworthiness when you do so.

Pretty strong words. I will withhold judgment until I hear both sides of the story.

I am surprised you have the nerve to call someone who wants to hear the facts untrustworthy. We have a court system, sometimes flawed, but we don't execute people for steeling picnic tables. Also, we do not punish without a proper hearing. I assume from your comments that all of your friends and associates are perfect.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I think the guy that stole the picnic arrangement (stuff) should receive a bullet to the head . That way he would never do such an evil act , it is the only way to stop the theft of wood furniture from across this fine nation . We should make an example out of him and make him pay with his life .

That will show the rest we don't take kindly to furniture rustling , let's form a posse . .:rolleyes:

Wooden stake through the heart. Driven with a crab mallet. On a picnic table. :rolleyes:

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Most importantly- that road side stand has amazing fruit. We stop there when in season and nearby. The strawberries and blueberries are great. The kids and I sit in the car and eat a couple of containers full while my wife is in the homeschool store down the road. I don't even like most fruit and these make me school girl giddy.

Feel free to get back to the episode of Law, Justice and a picnic table...next on Lifetime.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I would not want him coming to my house on a service call, once a thief always a thief, in most cases. If he doesn't steal something during the service call, he may just come back later, when nobody's home, to get something he wants. He could also sell information to a gang , like MS13, Bloods, Crips, BGF, about that gun safe that he saw in your house. He needs to be prosecuted, if just to get this type of activity on the record, through I don't think that he would serve any jail time for this.

:mad54:&:sad20:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Pretty strong words. I will withhold judgment until I hear both sides of the story.

I am surprised you have the nerve to call someone who wants to hear the facts untrustworthy. We have a court system, sometimes flawed, but we don't execute people for steeling picnic tables. Also, we do not punish without a proper hearing. I assume from your comments that all of your friends and associates are perfect.

In your opinion, what could the thief say (his story) that would make this act okay in your book?

This has nothing to do with friends or family until they pull up to a road side stand and remove a picnic table from the owner's facility without paying for it. At that point in time, any friend or family of mine would be held to these same standards. A thief is still a thief, regardless of who they are or relationship to me.

A criminal is a criminal.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    As far as the story that this guy does not work for Cove Electric, I have my doubts. The guy is extremely large. I'd say that he probably wears a 4XL shirt. What's the likelihood that this guy found a Cove Electric shirt in 4XL at a yard sale/flea market/second hand store? I think it's more believable that this guy IS or WAS their employee, so they probably know who he is. They are in damage control mode right now and unless pressed for the truth, they're going to keep to this story.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    As far as the story that this guy does not work for Cove Electric, I have my doubts. The guy is extremely large. I'd say that he probably wears a 4XL shirt. What's the likelihood that this guy found a Cove Electric shirt in 4XL at a yard sale/flea market/second hand store? I think it's more believable that this guy IS or WAS their employee, so they probably know who he is. They are in damage control mode right now and unless pressed for the truth, they're going to keep to this story.

have given away company shirts that size to Goodwill and to the general public because of lots of reasons .
    That include :
    Customers
    Friends
    Goodwill
    Church
    And yes 4XL and other various sizes , because i was not going to throw away usable and un-damaged garments so others could wear them . I would rather see them be worn . I have given away at least a thousand shirts over the years along with hats .

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    have given away company shirts that size to Goodwill and to the general public because of lots of reasons .
    That include :
    Customers
    Friends
    Goodwill
    Church
    And yes 4XL and other various sizes , because i was not going to throw away usable and un-damaged garments so others could wear them . I would rather see them be worn . I have given away at least a thousand shirts over the years along with hats .

Agreed companies give away shirts to vendors, customers and tradesmen on the job all the time. I have a closet full of them. Wearing the shirt in no way makes Cove electric responsible for his actions. If he is an employee I am sure they know who he is and will take appropriate action to protect their business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom