Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Optics

Join MD Shooters

Old March 13th, 2018, 12:08 PM #11
Jew with a Gun

Jew with a Gun

If you're running BUIS, you need a QD mount. Here is what I use for that:
1. The UTG QD mount line is surprisingly not horrible for what it is and how it's priced. You lock it down, and it stays still. I would not want to bang it around too much, it feels a bit crude, and it's kinda heavy, but it does the job. I've used 2-3 on budget rifles with budget scopes and not regretted it, which is saying something.
2. The ADM QD mounts are rock solid, and I would trust my life to them. They are not cheap, but they work great. Adjustment is also pretty easy. MI and GG&G are also good to go at this tier.
3. If you think you need the absolute best and are planning on dismounting your scope constantly, Bobro is the way to go, as tests have shown them to have the best RTZ. LaRue as a close second. I personally can't justify the premium over a comparable ADM in nearly all cases - which also has excellent RTZ performance - but YMMV.

The Burris QD mount at the ~$80 price point is popular, but doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it's performance doesn't seem to justify the doubling in price over the UTG.
Old March 14th, 2018, 08:44 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
If you're running BUIS, you need a QD mount. Here is what I use for that:
1. The UTG QD mount line is surprisingly not horrible for what it is and how it's priced. You lock it down, and it stays still. I would not want to bang it around too much, it feels a bit crude, and it's kinda heavy, but it does the job. I've used 2-3 on budget rifles with budget scopes and not regretted it, which is saying something.
2. The ADM QD mounts are rock solid, and I would trust my life to them. They are not cheap, but they work great. Adjustment is also pretty easy. MI and GG&G are also good to go at this tier.
3. If you think you need the absolute best and are planning on dismounting your scope constantly, Bobro is the way to go, as tests have shown them to have the best RTZ. LaRue as a close second. I personally can't justify the premium over a comparable ADM in nearly all cases - which also has excellent RTZ performance - but YMMV.

The Burris QD mount at the ~$80 price point is popular, but doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it's performance doesn't seem to justify the doubling in price over the UTG.
I think you pretty much summed it up perfectly. I'll have to check out the Bobro mounts sometime.
Bountied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 08:17 AM #13

I'm glad there is another positive review of UTG stuff. Most people brush it off as air soft junk, but I think it depends on the product. I'm putting this on my new 12.5 inch SBR with a budget 1-4 on it. I'm not shooting to 200 yards, it's more of a range toy.
cap6888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 03:42 AM #14

I've read some positive reviews on the Atibal QD mount. I may try one in the near future.
Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Optics