• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    I don’t know but I’ve been told…

Israeli carry was an attempt at a uniform manual of arms that would work with the hodge-podge of handguns the Israelis had to rely on immediately after declaring their independence.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    California open carry is gone but when it last existed a few years ago the gun had to be completely unloaded including no mag inserted. As worthless as a cap gun...

having an empty gun on one's hip is definitely NOT my definition of open carry or anything carry.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don’t know but I’ve been told…

Israeli carry was an attempt at a uniform manual of arms that would work with the hodge-podge of handguns the Israelis had to rely on immediately after declaring their independence.

Israeli air marshals don't carry "Israeli".Because it's stupid.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Everyone should know their limits and abilities when carrying a firearm. Personally I would never carry with one in the chamber because frankly, I'm not good enough. An hour a week of shooting and practice doesn't give me the confidence to be mistake free around family, friends and during business.

My odds of making a mistake with one in the chamber are far greater then being in a situation where I need to send a round in a split second. If I need to draw my weapon, I'm going for cover or trying to exit the scene first anyway and I practice for that. I'll have plenty of time to chamber a round 99% of the time.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    ALB4O.jpg

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Everyone should know their limits and abilities when carrying a firearm. Personally I would never carry with one in the chamber because frankly, I'm not good enough. An hour a week of shooting and practice doesn't give me the confidence to be mistake free around family, friends and during business.

My odds of making a mistake with one in the chamber are far greater then being in a situation where I need to send a round in a split second. If I need to draw my weapon, I'm going for cover or trying to exit the scene first anyway and I practice for that. I'll have plenty of time to chamber a round 99% of the time.

That assumption and mistake can and likely will cost you or someone you love their life. Carry a knife instead of a gun if you can't practice enough to carry a firearm loaded and ready then you probably won't be able to hit the side of a barn from 2 feet under a stressful situation either. That makes you far more dangerous to those around you then the bad guy with a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom