• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Been looking around for a Remington 700 in 300BLK.

I'm seeing them anywhere from five hunert an fity dolla to seven hunert an fity dolla.

They all look like very straight forward rifles with no bells, whistles, or accessories.

What gives with the price divide?

Any 300BLK owners or local dealers want to jump in and answer this?

I will thank you all in advance.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    1) Which models?

2) May just be different prices from different dealers/distributors. Some have not gotten the word that the buying frenzy is winding down.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    And what exactly is your question? You do understand that in a free market people can price things at whatever they want. Believe it or not, before I bought my first Beretta I called around to 6 different places and the price difference was around $600 for the exact same gun. This was 20 years ago and it seems that still holds true. Prices vary from one retailer to another. Buy something at Bart's versus Walmart and the price is going to be different. My FFL quoted me $150 more on a Remington 700 SPS versus what I am seeing on gunbroker. Even on gunbroker there is a $100 variance in price on that gun.

So, it isn't surprising that the Remington 700 SPS Tactical that you want in 300BLK (i.e., the only Remington 700 I see available in that cartridge) can range in price from one retailer to another. That is how business goes.

You know what, I need to thank you for this question. I was going to give you an example of how Northern Tool had a Generac generator I am interested in listed for $600 more than Home Depot. I was even going to go and provide you with links. Went and looked them up and now Northern Tool has the generator on sale for the same price as Home Depot. Thing is, Amazon has it for a couple hundred less. Same model number and everything. Going to have to ask them "What's Up?"

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200379773_200379773

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Generac-...enerator-5735/100662531?keyword=GEnerac+17500

http://www.amazon.com/Generac-5735-GP17500E-Portable-Generator/dp/B001RCUOU6

Then again, the shipping cost on the Amazon one actually makes it more expensive. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

This place missed the memo that it is supposed to be $2,699 with free shipping and not $3,500.

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/82..._sJXegN7a0_PLA__15557577904_c_S&026=-99&025=c

Ever heard the phrase, "Buyer Beware" or caveat emptor? It still applies nowadays. Heck, the same box of cereal can be a different price between Walmart and Giant, and by a lot.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    After receiving copious amounts of help and answers, I decided to be a tight wad, save half the money, and buy one of the H&R 300BLK rifles.

They need a lot of love after taking them right out of the box, but for 424 and out the door, I'll take it.

Time to do what they should have done at the factory, but this being America and a capitalistic society, I suppose they can cut corners to save money if they want to.

Again,thank you for the help and the mild ball busting.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    After receiving copious amounts of help and answers, I decided to be a tight wad, save half the money, and buy one of the H&R 300BLK rifles.

They need a lot of love after taking them right out of the box, but for 424 and out the door, I'll take it.

Time to do what they should have done at the factory, but this being America and a capitalistic society, I suppose they can cut corners to save money if they want to.

You should have just bought a Rem 700 300blk for $550. You really didn't save enough for the H&R to be a better choice. Just sayin.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Yep, cutting corners is fine IF the price reflects the cut corners. When quality and the price point do not match, then the manufacturer has a problem. Enjoy the new gun.

Me, I had an epiphany at dinner. I want a Remington 700 in .25-06 and I was looking at the SPS Stainless but didn't really like the thickness or length of the barrel. Then, I saw that .25-06 is available in the 700 Long Range, and I like the barrel on that gun a lot at 26" and a decent diameter. Problem is, I want it stainless and fluted. Essentially, I want something like the old Sendero offering. Light bulb!!!!!! I am going to build my own Remington 700 with the exact stock, trigger, barrel, and bolt that I want. I am too damn particular.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You should have just bought a Rem 700 300blk for $550. You really didn't save enough for the H&R to be a better choice. Just sayin.

I do see your point. May sound strange, but I've been whacking Bambi and hunting in general with H&Rs for 25 years. I'm used to them and their rugged simplity. No safeties to bother with. No worries about shoving a gloved finger in the trigger guard and tripping that sensitive trigger. And I can toss it around in the woods and not have to worry about getting debris and dirt in the action. I don't target shoot and I didn't need the up-sell.

Thank you for pointing the way to site though. It was appreciated.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yep, cutting corners is fine IF the price reflects the cut corners. When quality and the price point do not match, then the manufacturer has a problem. Enjoy the new gun.

Me, I had an epiphany at dinner. I want a Remington 700 in .25-06 and I was looking at the SPS Stainless but didn't really like the thickness or length of the barrel. Then, I saw that .25-06 is available in the 700 Long Range, and I like the barrel on that gun a lot at 26" and a decent diameter. Problem is, I want it stainless and fluted. Essentially, I want something like the old Sendero offering. Light bulb!!!!!! I am going to build my own Remington 700 with the exact stock, trigger, barrel, and bolt that I want. I am too damn particular.

Brilliant!!!

I build a F*** LOAD of my own guns because I'm not happy with modern, corner cutting technology.

Good guns need mega love when they're being built and you can't get that love from a factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom