• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Is it correct to say a law can be passed and the constitutionality of it is passed on to more attorneys to figure out while the citizens suffer. Where does the burden of proof lie? On the citizens while possibly detained??

With this mentality why don’t they just pass a law saying no firearms after Oct. 1, confiscate, delay and destroy. We’ve now seen how this sausage can be made ....

Yes. They could. Probably even a Maryland Judge, let alone even an Obama appointed federal just would grant an immediate injunction on it and probably also find it violated the 2nd Amendment. At least any year so, anything that drastic would pretty easily be defeated.

But we can’t sue legislators for “performing their jobs”. Only try to vote them out. So they can pass any law they want. Doesn’t matter if it is blatantly unconstitutional. They could pass a law saying just me is considered persona non grata and all of my posession s are to be seized and I am to be shit by firing squad upon the rising of the next sun. That is unconstitutional on a number of grounds...but it doesn’t matter, if have to go to court to get an injunction against the law being enforced (is hope any officer of the law or court would refuse to uphold such a law, without an injunction or court order telling them how BS it was).

Not a thing I can do against the legislators who pushed it through.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yes. They could. Probably even a Maryland Judge, let alone even an Obama appointed federal just would grant an immediate injunction on it and probably also find it violated the 2nd Amendment. At least any year so, anything that drastic would pretty easily be defeated.

But we can’t sue legislators for “performing their jobs”. Only try to vote them out. So they can pass any law they want. Doesn’t matter if it is blatantly unconstitutional. They could pass a law saying just me is considered persona non grata and all of my posession s are to be seized and I am to be shit by firing squad upon the rising of the next sun. That is unconstitutional on a number of grounds...but it doesn’t matter, if have to go to court to get an injunction against the law being enforced (is hope any officer of the law or court would refuse to uphold such a law, without an injunction or court order telling them how BS it was).

Not a thing I can do against the legislators who pushed it through.

Correct. I believe the MD GA set a record back 10 years ago or so by having 6 laws declared unconsitutional within 6 months of being enacted.

Without a doubt, the MD GA under the Mike Bros is the wackiest legislature in the US

Their goal is not to serve the public, but to simply be re-elected

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I wish the ATF would troll on MD and just say that everyone is "Not Disapproved" from owning them. :)

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    I’m a bit late to the party, but I also just re-upped my membership to MSI, and am an owner of a slidefire stock. My username is the same here as in the MSI website, so you can get my contact info there. Otherwise let me know if anyone at MSI needs me to email or contact them directly.

Thanks.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I’m a bit late to the party, but I also just re-upped my membership to MSI, and am an owner of a slidefire stock. My username is the same here as in the MSI website, so you can get my contact info there. Otherwise let me know if anyone at MSI needs me to email or contact them directly.

Thanks.

Send a PM to esqappellate with your contact info and what you own. They are gearing up for the fireworks.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    How did everyone go about asking for permission from the ATF? I'd like to cover my bases. Do you write them a letter or email them? I know they won't respond but I need to at least try to appease MD. Hopefully MSI wins the suit.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The ATF says they will not respond to Marylanders seeking the phony “Naryland bumstock approval” letter.

So do I at least try or just hope things work out? If I send a letter I "applied for approval" even if I don't need it because they are already legal according to the ATF.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So do I at least try or just hope things work out? If I send a letter I "applied for approval" even if I don't need it because they are already legal according to the ATF.

Again, the ATF is refusing to respond to the Maryland Legislature’s phony scheme for “ATF Approval Letters”.

Your hopes rest with the MSI court challenge against the “unjust taking” of Bump Stock private property, with the State obligated to respond by tomorrow, Friday.

Donating to MSI is how you support this crucial effort!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    ... there is also this option...

quote-when-a-man-is-denied-the-right-to-live-the-life-he-believes-in-he-has-no-choice-but-to-become-an-nelson-mandela-249566.jpg

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

I'm hoping after the filing due today we'll get more direction on this. Filing allows me to comply with the law and buy time until 10/19 or this mess is hopefully handled is my thought.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm hoping after the filing due today we'll get more direction on this. Filing allows me to comply with the law and buy time until 10/19 or this mess is hopefully handled is my thought.

I don't give legal advice on these fora, but I think you should consult with your lawyer before you rely on that assumption. The ATF will just promptly return your application. Continued reliance, at least as of that point, on your application date may be problematic. If it were me, I would be prepared to remove my "device" from Maryland as of Oct. 1, 2018 if the law isn't enjoined before then.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

I don't give legal advice on these fora, but I think you should consult with your lawyer before you rely on that assumption. The ATF will just promptly return your application. Continued reliance, at least as of that point, on your application date may be problematic. If it were me, I would be prepared to remove my "device" from Maryland as of Oct. 1, 2018 if the law isn't enjoined before then.

See post #135. Offer stands if anyone needs it.

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I meant to put question marks instead of periods. My eye on a mobile screen aren't what they once we're, ugh.

What should have been questions were answered nonetheless. Not what I want to hear but was what I expected to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom