• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Not know if I have the right idea but last week I was in the stand Deer hunting and squirrels were buzzing around me. My wife's 22/45 lite has a threaded barrel and was thinking it would be nice to have it with me supressed

What are some options for a suppressor for this?
    I don't currently own anything NFA but do know about the tax stamp and the notion to get a trust.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's a GREAT suppressor host. Silencerco Sparrow is probably one of the best options. If you are going to do a trust, you need to do it asap. The rules may change soon.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have the same pistol and I bought a warlock II for it specifically because it's one of the lightest 22 cans out there while still being easily serviceable. And it was nearly half the price of a sparrow. I see the 22/45 lite and the warlock II being about as light a pistol/suppressor combo as you can find.

No review yet as its still in jail :ohnoes:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have the same pistol and I bought a warlock II for it specifically because it's one of the lightest 22 cans out there while still being easily serviceable. And it was nearly half the price of a sparrow. I see the 22/45 lite and the warlock II being about as light a pistol/suppressor combo as you can find.

Yeah nice pistol ain't it. ;)

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I recommend the Spectre II. Doesn't have the first round pop associated with the Sparrow. I haven't done a whole lot of testing with it yet, but has been great on a 22/45 LITE and a P22.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I got a TAC-65 in the group buy here. Wasn't happy with the can, so had it re-cored by The Silencer Shop. Love the final result, but now I have $500 in the can. Similar to the sparrow. I don't note a first round pop. With subs, it's silly.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have a Sparrow and with subsonic .22 ammo there is no first round pop...:-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Ok
    What is first round pop ?

It's where the first round is noticeably louder than all subsequent rounds fired. usually due to the ambient air inside the can. The oxygen ignites on the first round and makes a loud pop. After the first round, all that air has been displaced by the gasses from firing the gun so no more pop.

and as rbird said, not everyone seems to experience FRP, depending on the host gun and the ammo used.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Yeah I've noticed it's more pronounced on certain hosts vs others. It's worst on my 22/45 in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadhawg

Bee Farmer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Free America
    A 22/45 Lite makes a great host.
    Do not forget to upgrade to a Volquartsen sear and a Tandemkross hammer bushing.

Attachments

• 2245.jpg
      2245.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 372

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

I couldn't agree more :D

DSC_0451_zpsvxjucazh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom