• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I think we stopped in this faux antique/bad art shop on the way back from Lost River a few years ago. But apparently these guys are realtors in the Wardensville area and bringing lots of DC yuppies into the Wardensville and Corridor H area. They want to bring some " business development" to the local economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/real...al-hp-cards_rhp-card-realestate:homepage/card

There's also a gay community in Lost City or close by there, not sure if the two are interconnected in some way or not.
    I mean no offense to the gay and lesbian community with this post, sorry in advance if this offends anybody.:)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There's also a gay community in Lost City or close by there, not sure if the two are interconnected in some way or not.
    I mean no offense to the gay and lesbian community with this post, sorry in advance if this offends anybody.:)

The gay community is the single best thing to happen to property values

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012

then why bring it up at all??

m3ltdown

Jul 16, 2012
    WV
    Economic development doesn't have to be a bad thing. The Lost River Brewing Company was a nice addition.

from the article...
    They hunt and shoot guns, and now we go with them. I was just at the National Rifle Association gun range shooting a gun, for the first time ever.

I'll call that a win... one or two at a time..

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yup. It's happening big time in the Central Shenandoah Valley

I thought about you when I read wackos are flocking to the national quiet zone to escape evil electromagnetic waves.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Economic development doesn't have to be a bad thing. The Lost River Brewing Company was a nice addition.

from the article...
    They hunt and shoot guns, and now we go with them. I was just at the National Rifle Association gun range shooting a gun, for the first time ever.

I'll call that a win... one or two at a time..

Someone needs to tell them about the Pink Pistols. :D

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I don't think they have much to worry about Corridor H, my relatives in Grant County kept telling me VA doesn't want it and I just read an article last week in the Moorefield Examiner where VA is still stalling on any effort to move forward.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I don't think they have much to worry about Corridor H, my relatives in Grant County kept telling me VA doesn't want it and I just read an article last week in the Moorefield Examiner where VA is still stalling on any effort to move forward.

Yes, but you will notice that state Rd 55 that goes from Strasburg to Wardensville is now US 48, meaning Virginia may not have a choice in it any longer.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    after they screw up an area, libs are always looking for new areas to conquer ie NOVA (FUBAR)

Last edited:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Well you know, one of your friends sells out and makes a buck to get out of debt and its all good then it happens again and again then the next thing you know mo's are running around all over the place trying to imitate locals saying they just want to mind their own business and go ahead and do your own thing it doesn't matter to me and then Ba-mm! You got 23 year old school teachers telling impressionable students communism isn't such a bad thing, your a bigot, a hater a "GUN OWNER" we are all alike, the bible is a hoax and there are no losers during sporting events and all that BS and then you realize the slow creep has gotten to you and changed your home forever. But what can you do? Anyone who is associated within the surrounding bur-roughs of metro Baltimore and DC that have taken a bite of that apple and have become financially dependent on the system are more than likely suspect of some sort of values that are not commensurate with homegrown local views and traditions. The reason being I believe, is that the swell in population starting in the 50's "blue collar workers" has led to a greater number of folks who have no connection to the land and most working families have become complacent to outsiders who are assuming leadership roles that are unoccupied by the people that should be there in the first place= lazy. The parents who are part of the greatest generation thought that pushing for higher education was a good thing which it is but the children who couldn't be on top and posses low moral qualities just learned to screw their families and we all allowed them to do it to some extent, ending fiscal conservatism, streamlining pensions, expediting manufacturing by doing more with less, managing less fortunate people like dopers and criminals by curtailing work keeping them down instead of up etc. etc. I feel for you, its happening around my way too just a little slower because a lot of income is self generated and not to many happy time freebies for losers as of yet.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Well you know, one of your friends sells out and makes a buck to get out of debt and its all good then it happens again and again then the next thing you know mo's are running around all over the place trying to imitate locals saying they just want to mind their own business and go ahead and do your own thing it doesn't matter to me and then Ba-mm! You got 23 year old school teachers telling impressionable students communism isn't such a bad thing, your a bigot, a hater a "GUN OWNER" we are all alike, the bible is a hoax and there are no losers during sporting events and all that BS and then you realize the slow creep has gotten to you and changed your home forever. But what can you do? Anyone who is associated within the surrounding bur-roughs of metro Baltimore and DC that have taken a bite of that apple and have become financially dependent on the system are more than likely suspect of some sort of values that are not commensurate with homegrown local views and traditions. The reason being I believe, is that the swell in population starting in the 50's "blue collar workers" has led to a greater number of folks who have no connection to the land and most working families have become complacent to outsiders who are assuming leadership roles that are unoccupied by the people that should be there in the first place= lazy. The parents who are part of the greatest generation thought that pushing for higher education was a good thing which it is but the children who couldn't be on top and posses low moral qualities just learned to screw their families and we all allowed them to do it to some extent, ending fiscal conservatism, streamlining pensions, expediting manufacturing by doing more with less, managing less fortunate people like dopers and criminals by curtailing work keeping them down instead of up etc. etc. I feel for you, its happening around my way too just a little slower because a lot of income is self generated and not to many happy time freebies for losers as of yet.

Huh?

I know the area well, and have met these guys. They're making an honest effort to better their county, and not drastically change it.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    ...and no doubt they'll bring DC politics with them.

Worked with a gay guy for over 30 years and he retired to Callaghan area. He and his partner are VERY conservative, very pro 2A and have their CCW.

He said his area is very conservative with gun totting gays.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Im talking about how liberals will over time change traditional communities by bringing politics with them. I could care less if someone is gay that doesn't bother me a bit and is none of my business anyhow. I don't think homosexuality is particularly a party affiliation prerequisite anyhow. If I have offended someone that wasn't my intent, people are free to do and live as they choose and yes I know, care about and have worked with gay men and women myself. What is offending to me is the thought that somehow I should submit to the very theory that my conservative views are bigoted, sexist, racist, extreme old school or whatever because some clown thinks I need to see something their way. I'm seeing it happen in my area which is relatively rural and about as unlike as DC as you can get. Like if I want to shoot my rifle in my front yard safely and you don't like it because you don't think its appropriate that's your problem. If I do it when some one near by is having a get together that would be inconsiderate of others wouldn't it. Thats what could be coming to those folks with DC politics and it will happen over time. I have been educated lived and worked in the state of Maryland my whole life and have watched it decline morally for the same reasons stated above. As for the rest of it "the rant" I'll stand by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom