• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    Very interesting our situations are identical.

Paid on the 11th. Everything but three things completed on the 245th.

Very curious. J have three guns in the gulag. I haven't made a purchase in many years and this is why

Active today. So do I have to wait for the card or can I give them the number?

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    19 days

Paid 2/11
    Active 3/2
    Card arrived 3/8

I have been holding out for 3.5 years....but they got me.

Last edited:

abu Haqiqa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 10, 2017
    Wow I am out of the loop. I just completed,the 77r. How,does this work? Once that is done I just go into,the store and present my hql?

Print out the confirmation email you received from MSP with the PIN # in it. Bring that, your driver's license, and the physical HQL to the store. The store will log in, fill out their part of the form, and have you pay the $10 fee to MSP for processing (they literally handed me the laptop and had me fill in my info). You'll also do the federal paperwork by hand and pay for your handgun of choice (unless you ordered it and paid ahead of time). Then, on the 8th day, once you get the "not-disapproved" email, you'll return to the store (again, recommend printing out the "not-disapproved email), sign the federal form again certifying nothing has changed, and walk out with your handgun.

hysonmb

Feb 22, 2017
    Print out the confirmation email you received from MSP with the PIN # in it. Bring that, your driver's license, and the physical HQL to the store. The store will log in, fill out their part of the form, and have you pay the $10 fee to MSP for processing (they literally handed me the laptop and had me fill in my info). You'll also do the federal paperwork by hand and pay for your handgun of choice (unless you ordered it and paid ahead of time). Then, on the 8th day, once you get the "not-disapproved" email, you'll return to the store (again, recommend printing out the "not-disapproved email), sign the federal form again certifying nothing has changed, and walk out with your handgun.

I never got an email confirmation from MSP when it was approved. I went on the site to check the status and saw that it was Active and the card just showed up, no other communication in between.

Psych119

Feb 14, 2017
    I received a letter in the mail yesterday about my criminal record check being done and the results being sent to the requester. Looked online and everything was unchecked. Well I'm impatient so I looked again today and it says ACTIVE as of 03/08/2017. Took less time then I was expecting. Now waiting on the card.

Next comes the hard but fun decision on what I'm spending the cash on.

Filled 02/25/2017
    Active 03/08/2017

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    Chrome isn't letting me check today, it says the portal's authentication certificates have been revoked. I wonder why that happened. Anybody else getting the same issue when trying to access the login page?

bDp_Reaper

Mar 1, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    Chrome isn't letting me check today, it says the portal's authentication certificates have been revoked. I wonder why that happened. Anybody else getting the same issue when trying to access the login page?

I've been trying to check all morning today and having the same issue as well. Hopefully they are aware of it and working on a fix. (fingers crossed)

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    It appears to be back up again, all my stuff is completed with the last 2 N/A but still no number. I submitted on the 27th so I would guess I'll probably have a number tomorrow hopefully

bDp_Reaper

Mar 1, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    Yes, it's up and running now. Which is great because as of yesterday I am now active :D.

Applied (Sunday) 02/26/2017
    Approved (Thursday) 03/09/2017

Overall waiting time was 11 days, 9 of which were business days since they only work Monday through Friday. Just waiting for my card now. Time to fill out my 77r Form in the meantime :party29:.

bDp_Reaper

Mar 1, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    I submitted the day after you, apparently a day too late as I'm probably waiting till Monday now to go active

Yeah don't fret, I'm sure you'll have it active by Monday. It's weird that for some people the process will have some parts be completed but not others. Mine was all completed at the same time it seems. I didn't even get a chance to see it because the next time I logged in it was active and i could no longer view the checklist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom