• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I drank the kool aid and had a 6.5 built. The first six rounds out of the gun went on a sighter target. These are the next 15 rounds from the barrel. I can't thank Doc Ed enough for putting such a great shooting gun together. Sorry for the sideways pic, it always does that

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      37.4 KB · Views: 226

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Geez, your groupings suck. :) Seriously, awesome. What made you do a Creedmor, instead of a Grendel, if you do not mind me asking?

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I don't know much about the Grendel, but I don't think it carries as well at longer distance than the creedmoor, .260, etc. I built this specifically for a sniper comp I compete in each year.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Bartlein 8 twist on a trued 700 action. Sits in a Manners T2. Scope is a Leupold mark 4 4.5-14x50. All gunsmith work was done by Ed Harron. Great guy if you don't know him. Don't know how to rotate pics. My stupid phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 186

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Well those groups kind of make load development hard. What charge do you think you will go with? I'm just assuming that the 43.0 means 43.0 grains of a powder.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Looks like you found your Low and High accuracy node. Are you going to fine tune the powder in smaller increments on the 43.0gr or just start playing with seating depths?

Regardless, you are on the right track for sure, thing shoots great.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I had one piece of brass show pressure signs at 43. I'm probably going to back off a little, see where the speeds are at and go from there

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Wow! Never seen a rifle that switches from right hand to left hand bolt when it is turned right side up!:lol2:

Some pretty good groups there!:thumbsup:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I had one piece of brass show pressure signs at 43. I'm probably going to back off a little, see where the speeds are at and go from there

What brass are you using, hornady?

Pressure signs in the primer? Cratering?

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I'm using nosler brass. One piece of the 43.0 had a decent extractor mark on it. Primers were fine. Flat, but fine. The other two piece looked normal, but I'll err or the side of caution and run a load that doesn't kill the barrel

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm using nosler brass. One piece of the 43.0 had a decent extractor mark on it. Primers were fine. Flat, but fine. The other two piece looked normal, but I'll err or the side of caution and run a load that doesn't kill the barrel

Awesome man, keep up the good work! what Sniper shoot do you shoot?

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I compete in the Ft Meade Long Range precision competition. It's held every year for military and police snipers. Good competition put on by Daniel Weaver. He's a retired MSP sniper

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom