• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    Grab a stripped lower at a local gunshop. Then go on PSA and look for complete gun kits. I just picked one up with free float handguards (keymod), bcg, and moe furniture for 499.99. They ship completed upper receivers to maryland. I called and asked because I was concerned. The response was they just don't ship assembled lowers. So my total ar-15 is $600.00 bucks.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You should, just ask outrider about "factory" bcg's!

I see now where he was going with this;

Every gas key I've checked or had checked has failed toque specs(if the mounting screws break loose using 30 inch/pounds of torque, that's a fail). I now keep a running stock of gas keys and set screws along with Locktite 620.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Grab a stripped lower at a local gunshop. Then go on PSA and look for complete gun kits. I just picked one up with free float handguards (keymod), bcg, and moe furniture for 499.99. They ship completed upper receivers to maryland. I called and asked because I was concerned. The response was they just don't ship assembled lowers. So my total ar-15 is $600.00 bucks.

Does PSA make heavy barrels or uppers with heavy barrels? I don't see any on their site.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    F PSA. If they sell, and it has to go to a FFL anyways, what's the big deal. F them and Centerfire who won't sell ANY semi auto rifles to MD residents after 2013, last they told me. I was thinking about the PSA AR47, and the Mutant, but went Vepr because F PDA, and I had concerns about the Mutants reliability. I see no need to patronize companies who write us off even though they have to go thru a FFL anyways.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    F PSA. If they sell, and it has to go to a FFL anyways, what's the big deal. F them and Centerfire who won't sell ANY semi auto rifles to MD residents after 2013, last they told me. I was thinking about the PSA AR47, and the Mutant, but went Vepr because F PDA, and I had concerns about the Mutants reliability. I see no need to patronize companies who write us off even though they have to go thru a FFL anyways.

I agree I will not do business with them creepy sacks of dog poop on a hot day kinda business.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Just got an e-mail from PSA saying No complete lower to MD residents unless in law Enforcement or Military (gun grab win for MD) I suppose I can look at other sites to find one, but damn that was an inexpensive complete lower.
    I have and get complete lowers from them. They seem to have grown fast and not sure all sales folks up to speed. I have 3 left in stock.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    All of us have been where you are right now.

You know little to nothing about the platform, and only what you have seen on YouTube.

I am going to make two recommendations.

1 - Get a Colt 6721 and be done with it. The base rifle is sound, and no one will ever say you made a bad choice.

2 - Assemble your rifle, with a stripped lower, a Lower Parts Kit with tube and stock, and a complete upper. You will save about $150 off of the Colt price.

If you have every used YouTube to fix anything in your house, you can assemble your own lower. It looks scary. It looks like you can screw it up. If you follow the directions, you wont. I didn't, and that is saying a LOT!!!!

You will need a few tools. You can borrow them from members here. Heck some of us will even offer to help you, in person like!

Also, Del-Ton was recommended in an earlier post, and I recommend them as well. Are they the best upper you can buy? No, but they aren't crap either. (I have papers showing how accurate they are....) However you can get EXACTLY what you want from them. Like A2 uppers? Get one. Like ORCs? Get one. Your only restriction, is it must be an HBAR to be compliant in MD. And they sell them! My only recommendation would be to get the better BCG. The one they sent me is totally 3/4 removed. I would have preferred the M16 BCG.

OK decisions decisions. Choose, but choose wisely.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Since you're in Frederick, head on over to Bollinger's in Taneytown. They do carry PSA lowers and completed uppers. They have others too and can get you any brand of barrel you want. I had them piece meal an upper for me same day, ready to shoot out the door.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    All of us have been where you are right now.

You know little to nothing about the platform, and only what you have seen on YouTube.

I am going to make two recommendations.

1 - Get a Colt 6721 and be done with it. The base rifle is sound, and no one will ever say you made a bad choice.

2 - Assemble your rifle, with a stripped lower, a Lower Parts Kit with tube and stock, and a complete upper. You will save about $150 off of the Colt price.

If you have every used YouTube to fix anything in your house, you can assemble your own lower. It looks scary. It looks like you can screw it up. If you follow the directions, you wont. I didn't, and that is saying a LOT!!!!

You will need a few tools. You can borrow them from members here. Heck some of us will even offer to help you, in person like!

Also, Del-Ton was recommended in an earlier post, and I recommend them as well. Are they the best upper you can buy? No, but they aren't crap either. (I have papers showing how accurate they are....) However you can get EXACTLY what you want from them. Like A2 uppers? Get one. Like ORCs? Get one. Your only restriction, is it must be an HBAR to be compliant in MD. And they sell them! My only recommendation would be to get the better BCG. The one they sent me is totally 3/4 removed. I would have preferred the M16 BCG.

OK decisions decisions. Choose, but choose wisely.

...and 3 - Take a SOTAR class once it's built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom