• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mka2278

Nov 1, 2013
    So...we have a ton of solicitors in the neighborhood. And a rash of car break ins...most likely kids...but I noticed a lot of other local neighborhoods have Harco Sheriff issued no solicitation signs. We don't have a neighborhood assn. Is it still possible to get Harco Sheriff no soliciting sign for the entrance of our neighborhood? Anyone know how to go about this?

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    So...we have a ton of solicitors in the neighborhood. And a rash of car break ins...most likely kids...but I noticed a lot of other local neighborhoods have Harco Sheriff issued no solicitation signs. We don't have a neighborhood assn. Is it still possible to get Harco Sheriff no soliciting sign for the entrance of our neighborhood? Anyone know how to go about this?

I'd imagine you can call up the Sheriff's Office and ask. See if they have some sort of Community Outreach unit. It's doubtful a patrol deputy would know anything about it.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD

I live in Constant Friendship, and we have No soliciting signs posted at the entrance to the community, it does nothing to deter them

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    community signs don't hold any force of law in MD anyway, according to the AACO officers I've spoken to (after calling them out numerous times for shady "magazine sales"). we have them in our neighborhood AND on our house plainly visible. naturally "i'm not soliciting" or "that doesn't apply to religious organizations" is the typical response.

the county non-emergency phone number is my rebuttal.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    My rebuttal is to be a complete A**hole. I've grown tired of dealing with them. They've learned to steer clear of my house. I'm in Abingdon.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Going full cynic its a waste of time and money other than PR in a news paper.

I'd ASSume the best advice for your issue you'd get lock the door and take all your expensive stuff out the car. Its not that hard, but a lot of peeps can't grasp it, or setup your own surveillance system.

mka2278

Nov 1, 2013
    Appreciate the answers. It would just be nice to have the sheriff's sign to point to that says solicitors can be reported to the police.
    With or without a sign, soliciting is allowed only with a permit between the hours of 9-5 or until dark, whichever is sooner.
    Sheriffs ask you to call non emergency number for violators...

qorban88

Jan 11, 2015
    No soliciting signs do not apply if posted in the front of a neighborhood. It only applies if it's on your door. Even then Harford County Code specifies the definition of soliciting as the selling of goods such as magazine subscriptions, cleaning supplies, meats, etc. It does not apply to donations, free estimates or the like. Basically, if they have the product on site, it's soliciting. If they are indeed soliciting, they must have a Harford County issued soliciting permit that is issued to the individual and will have their picture on it.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    It got so bad ("But we're not selling..."), I had to post a definition of "solicit" on my door, in addition to the "No Soliciting" in 2" letters.

Funny... I haven't had a problem since.

I'm sure I could probably find them online, but neither the Lowes nor the Home Depot in my area have "No Soliciting" signs. I think it's a conspiracy. :innocent0

I could probably check Walmart, I'm sure they'd have them on the shelf.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    I'm in Abingdon, and have signs posted on my door.....I still have to tell someone to eff off at least once a week.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Air horns by the door or just emit your own high pitched screech. I've also found charging on all fours like a gorilla to be effective.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My neighbors have this sign at the bottom of their front steps:innocent0

1966.gif

Must work. One day, we had to call bge about a gas problem and as part of the call they are required to check with our immediate neighbors to see if they're having similar problems. The guy was obviously wary of going to those people and asked us repeatedly if we thought it was ok. :D

GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    As stated above, a sign has to be posted on the door or property of the residence. And if you didn't know, most of these hoodle heads do their homework before they knock on your door. They pretty much have a good bit of information on you and your neighbors; phone numbers, other names in the household, income, etc...

I'd be weary of messing with the hoodle heads, most of them aren't very savory...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom