• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I just picked up a Sig Sauer 1911 "Carry" (Commander) in Nitron finish 45 cal.Talk about a sweet gun fit finish and hitting the target right out of the box. Super nice. I can't say that about the mags, they are a bit strange the way they load and lock up on last round. Loading very hard with last round wanting to stove pipe till reseated, last round lock up is so hard to release the slide you have to pull back then hit the lever. I think some Wilson/McCormick mags fix problem number one and they may fix number two also. If any other Sig folks out there tell me your stories. Thanks Chris

SIG factory lubing is only to check function..........not firing. You need to field strip that baby and lay the grease and oil in it and on it. The new mags are made by Speedking, not a bad mag at all.

1911s love to be maintained, putting them up dirty is a no-no.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    There she has had her hair done, got a bath and put some mil-tech on for smell good, now ready for the world. She does not do spread shots so don't ask (just kidding) this gun is going to be a daily carry so it will not look like this long. Plus I found some old Chip McCormick mags I had, they work perfect. Just ordered her a big brother Sig. I'm impressed. Chris

Attachments

• Sig1911.jpg
      Sig1911.jpg
      14.5 KB · Views: 279

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    There she has had her hair done, got a bath and put some mil-tech on for smell good, now ready for the world. She does not do spread shots so don't ask (just kidding) this gun is going to be a daily carry so it will not look like this long. Plus I found some old Chip McCormick mags I had, they work perfect. Just ordered her a big brother Sig. I'm impressed. Chris

You fail sir. Get that crap off your new gun.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Wilson Combat Ultima-Lube grease and Slip2000 is all you need. Throw out the Militec. I wouldn't even use Militec on scissors.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I just threw up in my mouth a little about the Miltec.

:lol:

Breathe Lord Chad breathe..., it'll be ok..., don't think about the new 1911 bathed in Miltec, it was all just a bad dream. :lol2:

Someone tell Garrett, then we'll have 2 resident respected 'smiths disgusted... :D

Well...Chad's somewhat respected... :lol2:

:D

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    My goodness, I have used mil-tech for years on a host of weapons and never have had a problem. Now keep in mind these lubed guns are carry guns or used at ranges on a regular basis not for long term storage. Since a bunch of you have stated it's not the right lube Why? No reasons yet. Chris

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    No quick answer so I did a search and found a thread started by "clandestine"
    in April Quote below

"Quote:
    What do you think of the mil-tech?
    I’m not a fan at all, but any lube is better than none.

Miltecs corrosion protection properties are very poor, and their marketing about dead soldiers and being a NSN issues weapons product is hugely misleading.

I have seen many guns (Mostly AR's and Handguns) that were treated with Miltec, that wouldn’t run. Soon as another oil was used they started running again.

One of the worst Lubes made and marketed IMHO."

Now we have the answer I was looking for "Why". I have many friends that shoot rifle teams and they all use mil-tech on their ARs (Rock Rivers) and no complaints but they are using the rifles then giving them a super clean before relubing plus the rifles don't sit very long before used again. But I can see where a firearm is sitting for an extended period of time, according to "clandestine", the lube would not do one of it's jobs. I don't let any of my mil-tech lubed guns sit very long. When I am done using a firearm, it's cleaned and given a silicone rub then placed in plastic (bags or wrap) if going to bed for awhile. Chris

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No quick answer so I did a search and found a thread started by "clandestine"
    in April Quote below

"Quote:
    What do you think of the mil-tech?
    I’m not a fan at all, but any lube is better than none.

Miltecs corrosion protection properties are very poor, and their marketing about dead soldiers and being a NSN issues weapons product is hugely misleading.

I have seen many guns (Mostly AR's and Handguns) that were treated with Miltec, that wouldn’t run. Soon as another oil was used they started running again.

One of the worst Lubes made and marketed IMHO."

Now we have the answer I was looking for "Why". I have many friends that shoot rifle teams and they all use mil-tech on their ARs (Rock Rivers) and no complaints but they are using the rifles then giving them a super clean before relubing plus the rifles don't sit very long before used again. But I can see where a firearm is sitting for an extended period of time, according to "clandestine", the lube would not do one of it's jobs. I don't let any of my mil-tech lubed guns sit very long. When I am done using a firearm, it's cleaned and given a silicone rub then placed in plastic (bags or wrap) if going to bed for awhile. Chris

Ive been Gunsmithing for a while and Miltec is a Lube that is simply terrible at everything they claim yet they have convinced users it works. Too many guns with high amounts of wear, rust, and guns that are gummed up. The stuff is just as bad as using WD40, ecpect at least WD40 has decent corrosion protection properties. Those match shooters you know need to do some honest research about what they are using.

Dry lube on firearms is bad because foulding cant be displaced. All data shows a wet firearms works better in all enviorments (Sand, Dirt, Dust, Mud, ect....) except Arctic Warfare which usually requires special lubricant.

I joke with the guys here about several topics and I meant no offense to you. I just try and save people the heartache when it comes to bad products, Miltec is one of them.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ive been Gunsmithing for a while and Miltec is a Lube that is simply terrible at everything they claim yet they have convinced users it works. Too many guns with high amounts of wear, rust, and guns that are gummed up. The stuff is just as bad as using WD40, ecpect at least WD40 has decent corrosion protection properties. Those match shooters you know need to do some honest research about what they are using.

Dry lube on firearms is bad because foulding cant be displaced. All data shows a wet firearms works better in all enviorments (Sand, Dirt, Dust, Mud, ect....) except Arctic Warfare which usually requires special lubricant.

I joke with the guys here about several topics and I meant no offense to you. I just try and save people the heartache when it comes to bad products, Miltec is one of them.

Are you still using astroglide on your 5.7 pistols? I hear it helps for enhanced...penetration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom