• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Just got back, they had 4 in the rack and two on the counter with potential buyers. One was an A2 H-Bar that the BP guy was saying had to be sold regulated. They also have some .22lr bulk but not much, no primers.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Sounds like they finally decided to arrive on my day off. Glad they are there and hopefully everyone gets what they want.
    Happy New Year.

jdash

Jan 1, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I was able to get a Bushmaster Patrolman M4A3.

Wanted one of the Colts (they had the ones with Magpul furnishings) but that's what I get for staying up to late New Years Eve, saw the last one get sold as I was waiting.

Ah, well I figure with the current climate I'll take what I can get at pre-craze prices.

Good luck out there!

localbuyer

Jun 12, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I was able to get a Bushmaster Patrolman M4A3.

Wanted one of the Colts (they had the ones with Magpul furnishings) but that's what I get for staying up to late New Years Eve, saw the last one get sold as I was waiting.

Ah, well I figure with the current climate I'll take what I can get at pre-craze prices.

Good luck out there!

Do you happen to know the asking price for the Colt?

jdash

Jan 1, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    The Colt LE6920 Magpul was going for $1299 the Bushmaster Patrolman M4A3 was going for $1199 they had another BM that was optic ready (no front sight post or carrying handle) that was around $980 or so. I believe they had some SW earlier but didn't see them.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    FWIW they had prices the same as they have been for the past year.

Whaaa, Waaaa,...WHAT?

I mean how can they possibly even do that???? :sad20: Don't people who didn't buy them last month need punished? Shouldnt they pay 20% more even though the rifles didn't cost the retailer a DIME more.......?

If it is ultra American and patriotic to rip people off like other retailers have been doing,.... What does that make BP?

Good for BP. I'll remember it. THAT is capitalism;)

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Whaaa, Waaaa,...WHAT?

I mean how can they possibly even do that???? :sad20: Don't people who didn't buy them last month need punished? Shouldnt they pay 20% more even though the rifles didn't cost the retailer a DIME more.......?

If it is ultra American and patriotic to rip people off like other retailers have been doing,.... What does that make BP?

Good for BP. I'll remember it. THAT is capitalism;)

You do understand that BP is a big box store that sells other things other than guns, right? Unlike the smaller local shops in the area, an AWB won't really affect BP. They will still be selling fishing gear, clothing, and the ton of other outdoor items to make a profit to keep their lights on. Assault rifle sales, accessories and mags is what pays the bills in the local shops. If they can't get these in the store from their distributors, how are they going to pay the bills? The local shops increased their prices because they began to realize they can't get them as easily as they could a couple months ago. Buy from the big box guys if you want, but don't trash the local shops for increasing their prices to keep their families fed and their lights on. You have every right to NOT buy from the smaller places.

The previous AWB expired 8, going on 9 years ago. You had plenty of time to get a, AR for a "fair" price. The small shops shouldn't have to take a hit on their sales because you failed to purchase until the panic.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You do understand that BP is a big box store that sells other things other than guns, right? Unlike the smaller local shops in the area, an AWB won't really affect BP. They will still be selling fishing gear, clothing, and the ton of other outdoor items to make a profit to keep their lights on. Assault rifle sales, accessories and mags is what pays the bills in the local shops. If they can't get these in the store from their distributors, how are they going to pay the bills? The local shops increased their prices because they began to realize they can't get them as easily as they could a couple months ago. Buy from the big box guys if you want, but don't trash the local shops for increasing their prices to keep their families fed and their lights on. You have every right to NOT buy from the smaller places.

The previous AWB expired 8, going on 9 years ago. You had plenty of time to get a, AR for a "fair" price. The small shops shouldn't have to take a hit on their sales because you failed to purchase until the panic.

+1 :thumbsup:

Punch84

Mar 29, 2009
    Carroll County
    With that thinking there were no gun shops around 9 years ago? It is a business practice. If an AWB goes into effect in this state we will then see which stores have truly built a good reputable base of customers off of their business practices.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

What's the "hit"? They are still paying within a few percent of the SAME price from the distributor,... right? So, they would be making the exact same on the same unit, only difference being they can sell them with days of them coming in vs weeks or months. Less inventory, faster turn around on the investment.

I'm not trashing the local shops, but I won't be lining their pockets on the possibility they will be limited on what the can sell.

I just don't swing from their junk like a lot of guys here, I'm loyal to my wallet and of course common sense.

With this logic, ALL gun shops will shutter the doors and windows (IF) there is some sort of ban. Likely?... Nope. More likely scenario is not a whole lot will change except record profits.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Good on BP for sticking to their old price. However, it would have been just fine if they had decided to raise the prices on them to reflect the new market realities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom