What is your breaking point for a Revolution?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Some of us have read the plans....

Nope. You're using the wrong paradigm. See above and below.

The money quote:

If you're having trouble following where this was headed, you need to narrow your literary search. 1996 ought to be about right.

I'm not following.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Talking about taking out politicians is worst than talking about revolution.

Gabby Giffornds is our best example on why this is bad idea. I want you to take that situation into notice because Gabby getting shot in the face was one of the best thing for gun grabbers ever.

1. The gunman was able to get off 20+ shots “proving” that “large capacity” magazines are evil.
    2. The gunman was tackled after failing to properly reload his magazine “proving” that these incidents would not happen if only we limited magazines to 5 rounds.
    3. This one woman was able to use her power to organize an anti gun movement that can be comparable to the power of the Brady Campaign (AKA no power but still a pain in the ass.)

You start targeting politicians or even government officials and you are going to get the full weight of the government on you. If we are going to be talking about “taking out” politicians, it better be in the way that Colorado is doing it. Through elections and grass roots organizations.

Mr H

Banana'd
    3. This one woman was able to use her power to organize an anti gun movement that can be comparable to the power of the Brady Campaign (AKA no power but still a pain in the ass.)

I take issue with this piece on a technical point.

SHE has not done any of the organizing of the movement. She is a symbol, and she and her hypocrite husband are being utilized by opportunists to further the anti agenda. If they had their 'druthers', IMO they'd still be very pro-gun, and be focusing on safety and mental health.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

SHE has not done any of the organizing of the movement. She is a symbol, and she and her hypocrite husband are being utilized by opportunists to further the anti agenda. If they had their 'druthers', IMO they'd still be very pro-gun, and be focusing on safety and mental health.

Yep. Follow the power, influence , and money trail. It is in most if not all politician's blood. Giffords would most likely never be competent enough to hold office again to be able to continue her quest for those three (or more) things. Unable to do that she (and/or her husband) did the next best thing and became lobbyists/paid activists.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Every major piece of successfully passed gun control that i can recall came on the heals of a political assaination . The other way a gangland killing.

Enough said.

Public support is the only way.. Political wins..

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Talking about taking out politicians is worst than talking about revolution.

Gabby Giffornds is our best example on why this is bad idea. I want you to take that situation into notice because Gabby getting shot in the face was one of the best thing for gun grabbers ever.

1. The gunman was able to get off 20+ shots “proving” that “large capacity” magazines are evil.
    2. The gunman was tackled after failing to properly reload his magazine “proving” that these incidents would not happen if only we limited magazines to 5 rounds.

You start targeting politicians or even government officials and you are going to get the full weight of the government on you. If we are going to be talking about “taking out” politicians, it better be in the way that Colorado is doing it. Through elections and grass roots organizations.

That's because Loughner was criminally insane and did not have a clear objective. Also, a public shooting like that with multiple victims will NEVER work to gain public support. The only way that would have any possible positive effect is, as I said, guerrilla action. For example, taking out anti-Constitution federal judges and politicians with well placed sniper shots from far away, and then disappearing. I'm not condoning doing this, as I think it would be better for conservatives states to demand peaceful secession, and let the cards fall as they may.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    That's because Loughner was criminally insane and did not have a clear objective. Also, a public shooting like that with multiple victims will NEVER work to gain public support. The only way that would have any possible positive effect is, as I said, guerrilla action. For example, taking out anti-Constitution federal judges and politicians with well placed sniper shots from far away, and then disappearing. I'm not condoning doing this, as I think it would be better for conservatives states to demand peaceful secession, and let the cards fall as they may.

:lol:

Learn your history.. bye now.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    If you haven't seen the new Hunger Games (Catching Fire), I recommend you watch it while it's still in theaters.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Wow, revolution, really?

I am personally disgusted at our elected representatives repeated and pitiful inability to do their job or uphold their oaths. I vote. Each and very time I can. I encourage everyone I know to learn the key issues and the various candidates positions...and to vote.

I'm unsure of the education and experience and or knowledge of various posters. I am, as is often the case, surprised by the extremes of opinion that aren't frequently therein based on apparent facts or reality. Thus said, I'm fascinated at the calls for a variety of draconian and desperate action or reaction on the part of the public.

Given my travels and the education I've been blessed with, I've come to conclude that things here need to be one helluva lot worse before I'd ever consider "revolution" or anything like it. That's not something to be taken lightly nor spoken of casually.

Travel through the third world a bit. Read lots of history about no shit oppressive governments and real, evil tyrants. Those are the circumstances that might merit rebellion.

Fortunately we can discuss these things rationally and publicly without appearing treasonous. I hope we can continue public discourse and fighting for our rights. Don't mistake proposing potential violence as patriotism. Don't propose or consider violence until and unless it is your last resort. That shit ain't what you see on TV shows or video games.

This is still hands down the best country in the world...warts, hairs and a55hole politicians notwithstanding. We've got our issues and shortcomings. I've also got hope and a strong BS detector...strong enough to only half listen to the wealth of crap that we call news.

God bless America. She's one pretty tough old broad... Forget that at your peril.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Responding in the proper sequence ...

Wow, revolution, really?

I am personally disgusted at our elected representatives repeated and pitiful inability to do their job or uphold their oaths. I vote. Each and very time I can. I encourage everyone I know to learn the key issues and the various candidates positions...and to vote.

I'm unsure of the education and experience and or knowledge of various posters. I am, as is often the case, surprised by the extremes of opinion that aren't frequently therein based on apparent facts or reality. Thus said, I'm fascinated at the calls for a variety of draconian and desperate action or reaction on the part of the public.

Given my travels and the education I've been blessed with, I've come to conclude that things here need to be one helluva lot worse before I'd ever consider "revolution" or anything like it. That's not something to be taken lightly nor spoken of casually.

Travel through the third world a bit. Read lots of history about no shit oppressive governments and real, evil tyrants. Those are the circumstances that might merit rebellion.
    Fortunately we can discuss these things rationally and publicly without appearing treasonous. I hope we can continue public discourse and fighting for our rights. Don't mistake proposing potential violence as patriotism. Don't propose or consider violence until and unless it is your last resort. That shit ain't what you see on TV shows or video games.

This is still hands down the best country in the world...warts, hairs and a55hole politicians notwithstanding. We've got our issues and shortcomings. I've also got hope and a strong BS detector...strong enough to only half listen to the wealth of crap that we call news.

God bless America. She's one pretty tough old broad... Forget that at your peril.

Agreed ... but, THOSE people DIDN'T DO something effective BEFORE it got THAT bad.

This is a terrible conversation to have online...

Agreed, but talking about it online and in a public forum is better than grumbling to ourselves and doing nothing ... and eons better than fomenting hate, discontent, and yes, revolution a la OWS ...

When the left says so. OWS was a warm up...

Agreed, refer to the above comment ... And, "Be Prepared".

P.S. - Boiling a frog Scout Leader analogy applies ...

Attachments

• BePrepared.gif
      BePrepared.gif
      7.2 KB · Views: 223
    Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I said I'd stay out of this, but I should say a couple things...

The Secular Progressive goal is, as stated, to "fundamentally transform" society as we know it. Thi sincludes, IMO, the implosion of the current Socio-Economic structure and replacing it with a (my term) "Dependency & Control" system, governed by the threat of penalties and/or force. They intend to accomplish this through any means possible. "...the persuasion of power" comes screaming to mind. Too many people are falling for the candy and gingerbread.

Luckily, there is an awakening going on. People I see, hear, speak with are fed up.

The trick here is to inform them about the best way to initiate the reforms that are needed, rather than have anyone going off half-cocked and starting something we can't finish.

That said, we also need to be ready for the possibility of a loose cannon--on either side of the equation.

"Buy'em cheap, stack'em deep" isn't a bad thought as a safety valve, but I don't see it being a helpful lifestyle.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    David Limbaugh NAILS it ...

TownHall.com -
    It's Time to Take America Back

His policy agenda is destroying economic growth and jobs, is ballooning the national debt and is shattering the hopes and dreams of millions of Americans every day. It is abundantly obvious that he doesn't care a whit about this. What he aims to do is to complete his fundamental transformation of America ***, which, if you haven't realized yet, means ruining what has made it unique, impoverishing it and bankrupting it. Based on all the damage he has done and his singular refusal to own up to it or change course to correct it, it's no longer reasonable to deny that this infliction of damage is intentional -- or at least that he's perfectly comfortable with it as long as it is in service to his cause of fundamental transformation.

More and more Americans are catching on to his schemes, so take note, Republicans Patriots, and cut him no quarter from this point on. It's time to take America back.

*** Cloward & Piven Strategy

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    There has been a revolution going on since Barak Hussein Obama had his first political fund raiser in Bill Ayres living room. A true, calculated and funded revolution.

Restoring our country requires stopping the current revolution, not creating a new one.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    There has been a revolution going on since Barak Hussein Obama had his first political fund raiser in Bill Ayres living room. A true, calculated and funded revolution.

Restoring our country requires stopping the current revolution, not creating a new one.

There is a term for that kind of thinking.

"Racist!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom