• JoeBobOutfitter's GSG 1911 Magazine Follower Color

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=86955

These products are reaching their final stages of prep before final production for customers to purchase!

We will be debuting here shortly a "JoeBob" Branded magazine follower for the GSG/SIG 1911 22LR pistol platform. It will increase magazine capacity from (10) rounds, to (14) rounds without changing the baseplate, spring, or modifying the firearm in any way! Swap out the follower and you're good to go!

These will be a very high quality product, Injection molded glass filled nylon, to ensure durability for even the biggest plinker. They will of course also have a lifetime warranty offered by us for functionality and durability.

These have been in the "works" for close to 4 months now getting details worked out, and prototypes in, and out to a handful of people as well as our own testing.

The final version will have a 1/8" hole in the middle of it....to allow the use of a side-speed loader to save your thumbs! These are going to be made out of 60601 T-6 aluminum, on a swiss lathe (ridiculously tight tolerances), with a solid steel pin (no roll pin!) press-fit in and knurled where your thumb would be for convenience. They'll retail under $10 like most speed loaders, but they'll be awesome, and actually a finely machined product!

This speed loader will also work perfectly well with your factory GSG followers as well. The GSG side loading "nubs" kill your thumbs for sure, so this will be desirable for many people regardless if you want the higher capacity follower or not.

Now comes the decision time on the color of the followers!

We can do Black, Red, Blue, Green, White, Yellow, and a few in-between. The colors will be a bit "muted" (not GLOSSY). We can also do a combination of colors for minimal more costs, but customers, IMO, probably care very little what the color of their follower looks like on a $350 22LR pistol, but I could be wrong.

The guys here at the shop are leaning towards getting Red followers, to make it easier to visually check an empty mag/chamber, and to make it stand out a bit over the original followers to confirm which mags do or do not have a high capacity follower.

What do you guys think? We'll give out a random surprise at the end for those who give us insight similar to the last thread.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I agree with the red for the reasons you posted. White tends to get dirty from powder and lube. .22 rimfire is not the cleanest stuff.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    After looking at your website, I would have thought the Team at JoeBobOutfitters would have went with Orange, since your website's main bright color that attracts you is that orange off the joe bob guy wearing the hat.
    That way it would also distinguish you on shelves or at home, without your typical "red/danger" color, while still allowing you to distinguish it from your other mags.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    After looking at your website, I would have thought the Team at JoeBobOutfitters would have went with Orange, since your website's main bright color that attracts you is that orange off the joe bob guy wearing the hat.
    That way it would also distinguish you on shelves or at home, without your typical "red/danger" color, while still allowing you to distinguish it from your other mags.

Good idea, and insight. We've asked if they can do orange. It wasn't on the primary list of available colors, but I'd bet they have some around as they're a pretty big molding company. That was our intentions with the Red, to stand out from the factory original Black ones, but Orange would in fact fit our company colors, as well as be one step different than normal followers.

EDIT: Orange is on the table and good to go.

What do you guys think about orange? I can't figure out a way to edit the poll...

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Good idea, and insight. We've asked if they can do orange. It wasn't on the primary list of available colors, but I'd bet they have some around as they're a pretty big molding company. That was our intentions with the Red, to stand out from the factory original Black ones, but Orange would in fact fit our company colors, as well as be one step different than normal followers.

EDIT: Orange is on the table and good to go.

What do you guys think about orange? I can't figure out a way to edit the poll...

If factory is black, orange sounds perfect.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I'm all for orange. I have a few of the prototypes and shot them last week with my ss sparrow attached and they ran flawless I'm looking forward to buying some with the holes drilled, that's the only negative about the prototyype.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Based on consensus here, and input from the guys in our shop, we went with Orange to stand out from the factory followers (and it works well with our color scheme).

We appreciate the input. We did a random number generator for those who participated in the poll, and came up with the #5, which was FrankOceanXray according to the poll. We'll shoot him a PM to get him a $20 gift certificate. Thanks :thumbsup:

GSG+1911+Follower.jpg

The first look of our GSG 1911 +4 Followers! We're officially releasing these in the next few business days. These followers are injection molded glass filled nylon (very durable) and will add an additional 4 rounds of capacity with no other modifications needed to a GSG/SIG 1911 22LR Pistol!

They'll normally retail in singles at $5.95. We'll be introducing them for a limited time at $2.95/ea! We'll also be releasing a machined aluminum loader assist button that will work with our upgraded followers, or you can modify a factory mag easily to use one as well for those in states who can only have 10rd magazines. INTRO PRICING HAS ENDED EFFECTIVE 10/7/2012.

Those original testers we contacted from MDS, we'll recontact and send out the newest followers, along with a speed loader as well for testing :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Just a heads up. Our introductory sale price is now over, and going forward pricing will be $5.95 for each follower, or $3.95 if you buy it as an option with a magazine.

Dealers have just started to pick them up as well, so they should be available soon through GSGPRO.com, ZRTacticalSolutions.com, and AimSurplus.com and probably more soon.

If any dealers want to purchase these just let us know and we'll get you setup properly. We offer a very good dealer program for these followers! We think these would make an excellent up-sell at the point of purchase, as well as a GREAT gunshow item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom